'Ike' (Phone) 02-Apr-14
pav 02-Apr-14
BULELK1 02-Apr-14
pav 02-Apr-14
Delmag1942 02-Apr-14
NickJ1980 02-Apr-14
Tilzbow 03-Apr-14
02-Apr-14
I was going through my application and came to the alternate tag selection page. How does it work? Am I only an alternate for the zones I apply for or will it kick me off to any joe shmo zone and force me to take a tag? thanks for any help

02-Apr-14
From the 2014 NV Reg's. The key sentence is in the last section.

Alternate Tag Process

Every year hundreds of tags are returned to the Department prior to the start of the season. Most of these returned tags are not reissued. In an effort to give more hunters the opportunity to hunt big game, the process was changed last year.

During the online application process an applicant will affirm their willingness to be an alternate and accept an alternate tag by marking a check-off box on each species they are applying for.

For example: When someone applies for an antelope tag, they will be able to check a box that affirms “If I am unsuccessful I will accept an alternate tag if it becomes available and (the/ my) charge card will be charged immediately.”

If you are unsuccessful in drawing an antelope tag you are then automatically placed on the alternate list for the choices on your application. To learn more check out NAC 502.4175 Application for tag or bonus point; fees (Page 13).

02-Apr-14
And there you have it...Great program!

02-Apr-14
"If you are unsuccessful in drawing an antelope tag you are then automatically placed on the alternate list for the choices on your application."

I think that answers the question. Only your initial application choices are applicable.

02-Apr-14
'automatically placed on the alternate list for the choices on your application'

I always check the Alternate box!

Good luck, Robb

02-Apr-14
Don't beat yourself up Scoot.

Happens to the best of us!

02-Apr-14
I would presume you would preserve your bonus points? That and it could be a LAST minute situation for a NR.

02-Apr-14
I bet you lose your points if you're selected as an alternate. You even lose them for purchasing a leftover in NV.

03-Apr-14
See below for the reg's. Could be short notice. Participation isn't mandatory so if you don't want to play in the alternate tags dont check the box when given the option during the application process.

RETURNING TAGS

If a big game tag holder chooses to return their tag for any reason, in order for the tag to be reissued to an alternate applicant in the same hunt year, the tag must be returned no later than 14 business days prior to the opening day of the season for that tag.

• Sitka Gear