HuntEasy 05-Apr-14
SDHNTR(home) 05-Apr-14
'Ike' (Phone) 05-Apr-14
HuntEasy 06-Apr-14
Tilzbow 06-Apr-14
Double Drops 06-Apr-14
HuntEasy 07-Apr-14
05-Apr-14
In the HF they post unit 211,212 with 31% success rate and 4pts or better at 61%. Is there good public access in this unit with good numbers of 150-170 class bucks? Anyone have any information on this unit or 261-268? I see unit 201-204 late also has good numbers. Looking for a 150-170 inch bucks with good opportunity to work hard and be on bucks...

05-Apr-14
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but expecting 150-170 bucks on an opportunity hunt is a stretch. I know 201-204 pretty well, you will be hunting CA bucks that have migrated. Get snow in the sierras and you could have a good hunt. It would be tough without weather though. And just look at the stats, few of the bucks killed are 4x4's, and even those that are, most are small ones. There is a chance for bucks like what you are looking for, but to go there expecting one might set you up for disappointment.

05-Apr-14
Want GPS cords also...Come on now! If HF pointed it out, I don't touch it with a ten foot pole...Just saying!

06-Apr-14
I'm less interested in the late migration hunts that are weather dependant. I prefer a high elevation back pack, Nate Simmons style that puts you into velvet bucks in the summer patterns. I have hunted the Rubies before and this accomplished what I was looking for. I was just looking at some of these other units that are close to the CA border (as I live in CA) and I hear often that all units in NV are capable of 180" bucks.... 051 has pretty good draw odds as well but I know nothing about it other than it's north of Winnemucca.

06-Apr-14
For those style of hunts look into north east and central Nevada. Jarbidge Wilderness units in the NE and the Monitor and Toiyabe ranges in central NV. The range due east of Ely (unit 111) also has some remote backpack/horseback only accessible areas.

06-Apr-14
180" is possible but 150-170 is more realistic. Don't get me wrong 180"+, their out there but it takes a lot of time and work just to find one.

07-Apr-14
Tilzbow and others for opinons on this thread thank you... Does anyone have a list of the second draw units from last year?

• Sitka Gear