Drummond Lindsey 15-Apr-14
willliamtell 15-Apr-14
Bowfreak 15-Apr-14
LUNG$HOT 12-May-14
Hammer 12-May-14
writer 12-May-14
writer 12-May-14
11-Apr-14
Picture of new #1 mule deer shed-mounted in the Greybull,wy paper yesterday.

WOW what a pig. Non-typical

Sheds where found over fifty years ago.

Owners had them mounted and then sold for an undisclosed amount- Opening bid was stated @ $20,000.00 they sold to someone in Idaho.

Would like to run into one of his distant relatives.

11-Apr-14
Got a link?

11-Apr-14

The Old Sarge's Link
I think this is the one he's talking about.

11-Apr-14
Holy smokes!

Mark

11-Apr-14
Thanks Sarge, Yes that is the one.

11-Apr-14
Mossback Headhunters will be invading the state to find it.

11-Apr-14
So is this what some refer to as a 'shooter' buck? :)

11-Apr-14
What's everyone so impressed about? It only grossed 323 inches...

11-Apr-14
"Mossback Headhunters will be invading the state to find it."

They will need to bring a time machine. :^)

11-Apr-14
Wow! How do they determine spread on shed antlers?

11-Apr-14
By guesstimation, kadbow. The only way there is. :0)

11-Apr-14
That deer is something special!

For as long as I could remember my dream was to safe a 300" deer on the hoof. Its just so unfathomable to me it just seemed like something to dream about. I didn't quite make it as the buck was 294" but what a buck!

I cannot imagine seeing a buck on the hoof that was 10% bigger than that

12-Apr-14
"After calculating, recalculating, measuring, re-measuring and verifying measurements for over three hours, the final score was 323-3/8-inches. It was official. The right shed of the non-typical buck was No. 1 in the world shed (pair) record book and the left side shed was No. 2."

Anyone know how they score a palmated tine like the 2 droptines?

I also wonder if anyone in the area ever found any more sheds or the deer on the hoof 50-70 years ago?

13-Apr-14
Far as I know, one doesn't get any credit for the palmation at the bottom of a drop tine. Deers right side, just a length measurement. Deers left side, a length measurement, plus there may be a couple of non-typical points coming off it.

Never the less, one heck of set of antlers!!

14-Apr-14

loesshillsarcher's embedded Photo
loesshillsarcher's embedded Photo
Funny to see this thread. My buddy purchased them and I was able to see them this weekend.

14-Apr-14
Whoa....!!!....and the best part is that they are 50 years old.....so no worry about raised in a fence, etc.

14-Apr-14
Imagine the nutrients and the "perfect storm" of winter snow and spring/summer rain that had to happen that year for that amount of antler growth to happen.

Amazing!

14-Apr-14
He certainly grew a lot of bone.

What I think would have been interesting, is for someone to follow him around for the rut with a camera and see the other buck's reactions to seeing him.

I can imagine a 200 inch buck seeing him and thinking... um, never mind.

He doesn't seem to have been in too many fights having dropped those antlers based on the quality of his kickers.

Although, maybe he didn't have to fight and got that big because there was no one else around...

15-Apr-14
Insane

15-Apr-14
WOW

15-Apr-14
To think how many years he made it through to drop this set, and how many does he implanted with the genes...dinosaurs still walk the earth.

15-Apr-14
Based on what BB told me....many huge Muley racks were just put in the garbage back in the day. He said that there were so many giant bucks around Evanston that it was hard to fathom. I doubt there has ever been too many deer that were EVER that big though. WOW!

12-May-14
HOLY $##T

12-May-14
What's the next closest in score and how old is the number 2?

12-May-14
I don't know what the big deal is..

...unless you like dozens of points, a wide spread, mass, crazy height and some freaky character points that buck as nothing! :-)

A friend has bowkill that nets in the high 260s...and this thing is about 70 inches bigger!!!

12-May-14
I don't know what the big deal is..

...unless you like dozens of points, a wide spread, mass, crazy height and some freaky character points that buck as nothing! :-)

A friend has bowkill that nets in the high 260s...and this thing is about 70 inches bigger!!!

• Sitka Gear