willliamtell 06-May-14
bighorn 08-May-14
05-May-14

IdyllwildArcher's Link

05-May-14
WOW ! Simply amazing.

05-May-14

60X Strings's Link
Wild animals keep amazing me. What they do to survive is simply amazing.

05-May-14
I live in Sublette County. Today I saw at least a hundred of them heading back north.

06-May-14
Cool, thanks for sharing!

06-May-14
Sweet. I didn't know this.

06-May-14
Neat stuff, thanks.

06-May-14
One of nature's wonders. Thanks for sharing

06-May-14
Thanks for educating me. I had no idea that they'd move that far.

Any idea if this is common for mule deer herds? I don't have any kind of extensive mule deer experience. I would've guessed that they'd move maybe 1/4 of that distance.

06-May-14
THX for sharing. What an incredible journey, they have to overcome so many man made obstacles. Incredible animals!

06-May-14
Back in the early 60s we used to hunt X12 in Caligornia. One year we were there right after the first snow. We were up pretty high when I ran across a huge area of trails filing out of every drainage in the area and hitting onto a main trail headed east and downhill. Pretty impressive to see. Some things like this though maybe better left not publicized.

06-May-14
There is a similar migration that takes place north of Wellington, Colorado. My friend has about 20,000 acres leased up there for his outfitting operation and the mule deer come from Wyoming to the north. You never know what buck you will see because every week new ones show up.

06-May-14
I feel sorry for the guys that have known about this for years and hunted these deer. Most of us at sometime have opened a magazine to see your favorite hunting or fishing spot high lighted there. Back in the 50-60s the eastern Tehama heard numbered 100,000 animals in California. When they moved down into lower elevations it was a sight to make a hunters heart jump out of his body. Of course the season was over but it sure made you look forward to next year. Some nice mulies in those videos.

06-May-14
Oh one other thing was the vocalizations these deer were making. The only time I have heard deer out west make noise is a distress call a snort or a doe separated from her fawns. Very cool.

06-May-14
Noticed recently on PBS Nature program about mule deer where they seem to vocalize a lot.... A lot more than I've ever heard with whitetails....

06-May-14
So the question is what is development, particularly wind and gas, doing to the migration corridors? You can see how I-80 stops the southerly migration dead in its tracks. Maybe Wyo should take a cue from Utah and Nevada and install wildlife under- or over-crossings.

I can live with no property boundaries being fenced (and you get to sort out where you are) if the upside is free wildlife movement.

08-May-14
Do they say if deer go back to the same area in spring that they spent the previous summer?

• Sitka Gear