Mule Power 03-Jun-14
HUNT MAN 02-Aug-14
Nick Muche 02-Aug-14
Mule Power 02-Aug-14
Nick Muche 02-Aug-14
Mule Power 03-Aug-14
phutch30 07-Aug-14
23-May-14
I finally drew the 270 mule deer tag.i know a little about the area.havent been in there for 3 years.i wish to bowhunt it with a rifle as backup plan.i live in Dillon so want to scout area this summer would like to see what roads are open and cover some ground on a 4 wheeler and learn the area.any help appreciated.thanks

23-May-14
Bummer, I was expecting to see a picture of a 270 inch mule deer.

23-May-14
ditto, Idyl

23-May-14
Lol x3

24-May-14
X4

24-May-14

24-May-14
X5

24-May-14
X6< or I was afraid it was a misplaced rifle thread about calibers.

24-May-14
Not me, I thought someone drew a tag in unit 270. Congrats! Mike

25-May-14
X2 Florida Mike

26-May-14
Glad we could be of so much help Jason!

31-May-14
i drew it also and my post got messed up but there is some info there.. just learning myself so not much help..sounds like most people head up the east fork..

01-Jun-14
East Fork is just the tip of the iceberg. The unit goes north a long way to Skalkaho. Most roads are open as indicated on the Bitterroot Travel map. Don't be tempted by what you see in the easy to see from the road spots. You'll get out of it what you put into it meaning ditch the truck and 4 wheeler even though they will also come in handy.

Don't try to kill the biggest buck in the unit either. Hunt Man has that one tied up. ;-)

Congrats and good luck. You live close enough to make good use of the permit.

01-Jun-14
Mule, Hunt isn't the only "bad man" with a tag, I hear there are 2 others.. I can't wait to see the photos come fall!

02-Jun-14
hey nick i was curious what your last post was on my thread.. for some reason the thread messed up and i still cant see your last post or see where to delete my thread or how to fix it.thanks

03-Jun-14
hey nick i was curious what your last post was on my thread.. for some reason the thread messed up and i still cant see your last post or see where to delete my thread or how to fix it.thanks

03-Jun-14
Yep... heard the same Nick. Who draws that in a party app???? Holy chit.

02-Aug-14
Hows the scouting going? HUNT

02-Aug-14
Not to bad from what I hear :)

02-Aug-14
Like I said... you get out of it what you put into it. Dillon ain't that far! Earn it.

How goes it for you Hunter???

02-Aug-14
Mule, I can't wait for sometime in Sept'ish to see, gonna be good :)

03-Aug-14
There is some big open country down there. But also plenty of timbered spots. Early in the season the big bucks are like ghosts. I'm not sure where they go but even back in the early and mid 2000s when we would see 200+ inchers standing around on a regular basis they would be non existent. Until the rut kicked in of course. I always said if I drew the permit I'd hunt the entire season but I wouldn't get too overly optimistic about September. I'd be in the timber.

But it only takes one right, and they are there.

07-Aug-14
Bucks were super easy to find when I had the tag in 08...right up till they shed thier velvet a week after the season started and then the bigger bucks got a lot tougher to find. There were a few real nice bucks way up on top in the alpine country that I wish I had spent more time on.

Go to places that allow you to glass a lot of country at low light with good glass and youll see bucks.

Thats a tag I wish I could get a "do over" on.

Send me a pm if you want. Im in Dillon also and would be happy to go over a map sometime.

• Sitka Gear