DL 07-Jul-14
bruinjay 07-Jul-14
elmer@laptop 07-Jul-14
'Ike' 08-Jul-14
DL 08-Jul-14
Tracker 21-Jul-14
06-Jul-14
Fellow CA Deer hunters,

Had the great fortune of drawing the coveted X12 deer tag this year. If anyone has any guidance whatsoever to improve my odds of success, please advise. I live in SoCal, 6+ hrs away from this part of the Eastern Sierras, have a 6 day a week job, and cannot afford to head up and scout ahead of time. Guide contact info or any general guidance is appreciated! Pls feel free to call or PM.

Thanks,

Jay 310.346.0600

06-Jul-14
Used to hunt up near Lobdell lake. Being your pole. Lots of grayling in the lake, not very big but used to be lots!

07-Jul-14
So you drew the rifle tag?

07-Jul-14
No more grayling in Lobdell, unfortunately. Fond memories of catching them too. The lake drained several years ago and they were lost.

Get away from roads and glass. You can hunt alpine timberline country, or sage, or transition zones. They all hold deer. Outsmart and outwork the other hunters, that's the ticket. If you haven't yet, look at the Kens Sporting Goods website.

07-Jul-14
We're they a victim of the irradicate non-native species?

07-Jul-14
Fellow CA Deer hunters,

Had the great fortune of drawing the coveted X12 deer tag this year. If anyone has any guidance whatsoever to improve my odds of success, please advise. I live in SoCal, 6+ hrs away from this part of the Eastern Sierras, have a 6 day a week job, and cannot afford to head up and scout ahead of time. Guide contact info or any general guidance is appreciated! Pls feel free to call or PM.

Thanks,

Jay 310.346.0600

07-Jul-14
Can't help you since I live in Alaska, but good luck!

08-Jul-14
Don't forget to look low in the sage flats...You don't need a guide to hunt A20, some good glass helps though!

08-Jul-14
At sunset deer start popping up in the sage that you swear couldn't hide a rabbit.

21-Jul-14
Lots of options. But if you ride the roads early and late and glass, glass, and glass some more you will see plenty of deer. You will just have to determine what caliber deer you will settle for.

• Sitka Gear