DL 07-Aug-14
Jaquomo 07-Aug-14
Owl 07-Aug-14
elkmtngear 07-Aug-14
Fuzzy 07-Aug-14
Brotsky 07-Aug-14
David A. 07-Aug-14
06-Aug-14
My friend has been watching this buck until Monday when he found what was left of him.

06-Aug-14

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
My friend has been watching this buck until Monday when he found what was left of him.

07-Aug-14
The cat needs to die

07-Aug-14
tragic

07-Aug-14
The cat needs to die really come on now

07-Aug-14
two cats in the pic, mama and cub?

07-Aug-14
Neat pics of the cat (s).

Both are great animals and the perfect fit for "survival of the fittest".

In the animal kingdom, that's what it is all about.

In this case, it was the deer and the hunter that lost. Next time it could be the opposite.

My best, Paul

07-Aug-14
Paul I agree. IMO the pics and story are worth more that a mounted rack.

07-Aug-14

Jim B's embedded Photo
Jim B's embedded Photo
It happens.That's what lions do.I'm watching this buck.Will he still be there in a month?

07-Aug-14

Jim B's embedded Photo
Jim B's embedded Photo
Not if this guy has anything to say about it.He hunts year round.

07-Aug-14
If you are attracting the deer to the cameras with food maybe that's not good?

07-Aug-14
Unfortunately Paul we can't hunt them. 6000 cats and growing. 1 deer a week, you do the math. Add coyotes bears and cars.

07-Aug-14
puma photo puma_zps7d943d7c.jpg

I agree, not what you want to see.

Now I know why the deer are so spooked up in that drainage.

07-Aug-14
Charlie out here you cannot feed ANY wildlife. You cannot hunt near any unnatural food source or a crop that was planted to attract wildlife.

07-Aug-14
Cats kill a critter once every 7 days. Once every 5 days if they have a kitten. Where I live that's spread around between deer, elk, and sheep. When the CDOW did a huge deer cull (ill-advised CWD study) a number of years ago, they didn't do anything about the cats, which are saturated in the N. CO foothills. Suddenly their food source was decimated.

The cats hammered the sheep and elk calves and whatever deer were left. As a result, it's taken a decade for the deer population to begin to recover. What was once a thriving bighorn herd is now virtually gone.

They are a natural part of the ecosystem, but sometimes things get out of whack, man-made or otherwise. From the human perspective, we want more deer to hunt. But from the cat's perspective, they're just doing what they're supposed to do. Just too bad that your California cats haven't really gotten on to joggers and tree huggers as a viable food source.

07-Aug-14
The cat is just being a cat. I'd hate for someone to swear vengeance upon me for killing a deer. :)

That stated, your politicians and fellow citizens need to be taken to the woodshed and set right.

07-Aug-14
"Just too bad that your California cats haven't really gotten on to joggers and tree huggers as a viable food source".

Got one jogger quite a few years back near Sacramento. You should have heard the public outcry from the bunnyhuggers, when the cat was hunted down and killed (after all, it was only a human life that was taken).

They have now passed a law that basically reads in that scenario, that if the cat does not look at the State Hunters and Snarl at them, they are not allowed to kill it.

07-Aug-14
Randy, true, and also this, the cat is better eatin' than the deer :-)

07-Aug-14
Jim B, based upon the skeletal remains in your trail cam pic I'd say the cat has already been proficient at killing in that location!

07-Aug-14
walking along a sandy wash I haas a feeling a cat might be around. Looking up one was crouched watching me. Raised my bow over my head and charged him. Only one boss...let 'em know it.

• Sitka Gear