Mule Deer
Contributors to this thread:
2bitgreenhorn 08-Aug-14
mixed bag 10-Aug-14
2bitgreenhorn 14-Aug-14
NoWiser 14-Aug-14
mixed bag 15-Aug-14
08-Aug-14
I am interested in a mulie hunt this fall and I was hoping to get some opinions.. Both WY and MT have leftover licenses available. In WY, region J is still available but I know its mostly private land. It looks like though there is some good public Medicine Bow NF in 64 and 65... Has anyone hunted that area? If not, I am thinking eastern Montana (Region 7) but I know again public access is an issue. Opinions greatly appreciated....

10-Aug-14
Do Montana hands down.Theres tons of Block access in eastern Montana to hunt.I'm still thinking about a muley hunt in Mt this year.I did the hunt diy a few years back and was able to be picky on the buck I took,but I went with rifle in the rut

14-Aug-14
Thank you mixed bag. I called MT F,W&P and the person I spoke with didn't give me a great feeling about finding access in between all the private land. I am waiting on the access guide to be sent to me. Thanks again for the input.

14-Aug-14
Plenty of easy public access in eastern Montana! I was out there two years ago rifle hunting in the rut and saw very few people and quite a few deer. No problem finding more than enough places to hunt!

15-Aug-14
Lookmat some block management around Forsyth or Mile city.I found a lot of decent deer there.

• Sitka Gear