Jaquomo 17-Aug-14
IdyllwildArcher 18-Aug-14
BOWUNTR 18-Aug-14
Adventurewriter 18-Aug-14
Buyse 18-Aug-14
bowhunter1 18-Aug-14
bowhunter1 18-Aug-14
17-Aug-14
I have been hunting really hard in my state of California for a trophy Muledeer. Opening morning I watched and waited for 8 bucks to bed down togather , the biggest being a 5x4 (between 28-30 inches wide) the big guy bedded to the right side of the other bucks , so I stalked up to 43 yards to him, when he stood up I came to full draw and then I noticed a log was cover must of his vitals, so instead of shooting, I took 2 steps to my right for a better shot and the buck took off, I am still kicking myself in the butt for not shooting because I know I could of made that shot.

17-Aug-14
Tough one there. That's a dandy for here.

17-Aug-14
I'm betting you will remember that a looooong time. I feel for you.

17-Aug-14
That what keeps you going back next time maybe a neck shot?

17-Aug-14
Been there, done that. You exercised your ethics. Good on you. If you believe in karma it will come back to you. The "BOAL" I did that turned out to be smaller than my real BOAL by probably 30 inches.

Keep after him!

18-Aug-14
That's a great dear for CA and especially for 3/4 of the state.

Was this in an OTC unit or a tough to draw unit?

If OTC, don't sweat it! Don't let it get you down, you'll get another pop at him.

18-Aug-14
Tom, get back there and finish... Ed F

18-Aug-14
EVERY serious hunter is haunted by similar stories....they are bitter pills to swallow...but when you do connect to makes it waaaay sweeter

18-Aug-14
You did the right thing. Just think how bad you would feel if you would have wounded him and never found the buck? It's very unfortunate but you made the right call in my opinion. Keep after it!

18-Aug-14
Idyllwildarcher it is a OTC unit, First time in a long time I feel like a rookie and I know $$$$ happens when your bowhunting but when you cause the mishap , it's very hard to swallow. Ed, trying to switch things around at work so I can !

18-Aug-14
I am not saying that I should of taken the shot , I should of not moved and see if he would of taken a couple of steps. That was my mistake.

• Sitka Gear