ghost30 20-Aug-14
Zbone 21-Aug-14
2bitgreenhorn 22-Aug-14
creed 22-Aug-14
otcWill 22-Aug-14
20-Aug-14
Dyi muley otc or easy draw info thanks

20-Aug-14
That's a good question, I've been checking some things out in Arizona for a diy otc hunt for muleys. Never done it but thinking it could be a good option.

20-Aug-14
What are your expectations?

20-Aug-14
Lots of places and generous seasons to hunt deer in AZ OTC. Statewide success for OTC archery deer hunts has averaged less than 10% over the years, probably closer to 5%. I recommend the January hunts when you can hunt javelina at the same time and most deer (coues and muleys) are in the rut making them much more accessible during the hunt. Weather is bad most other places that time of year but pretty nice in AZ.

Only four archery deer hunts (late August/early Sept.) are by drawing only. Two are very tough to draw (13's), one is easier (12), and the other is easy (3A/C).

Let me know if you have any questions about AZ.

Good Luck,

Nick

20-Aug-14
A couple units for diy mulie hunting in az unit 24 is a big unit with a lot of deer. units 22 and 23 are also close and they hold mix of white tail and mulies. some big bucks have came out of these units.

21-Aug-14
Surely gotta be more OTC than AZ out there, aye?

22-Aug-14
Idaho is no draw for deer for a general tag statewide, with additional controlled hunts you can apply for. I am headed to Southeast Idaho myself this year. As far as "Easy draw" goes, the draw is early but Wyoming will easily get a regional tag with pretty good mule deer numbers. Usually they have left over tags as well (still on sale now for this year) but the regions left open have a lot of private land. Even better, Montana has not been selling out there general deer and elk tags, and they are also still available. Lots of options for a DIY in MT as well.

22-Aug-14
Don't count out AZ for big bucks. Like Nick said, the rut is usually going strong in January and big bucks are much easier to find. I don't know what your expectations would be but 160-180 bucks are to be had if you are in the right area.

Another bonus is the weather is usually as good as it gets for January!

22-Aug-14
Nothing otc but CO has probably the best mule deer hunting availability taking into account quality of deer, numbers of deer, and ease of draw (tons of good 0pt). There are literally good (160+) deer in every unit of the state.

• Sitka Gear