Keith in colorado 09-Dec-14
Jaquomo 09-Dec-14
'Ike' 09-Dec-14
alhase 09-Dec-14
Dakota 10-Dec-14
Dakota 10-Dec-14
Keith in colorado 10-Dec-14
25-Aug-14
Nevada, Utah and Arizona have all opened. Help the rest of us out and post up those pictures!

25-Aug-14

25-Aug-14
California Too, east slope. Headed up in the morning.

25-Aug-14
Already had a Traditional Miss!!!! Hope to right that with less Traditional equipment soon.

26-Aug-14

JLS's embedded Photo
JLS's embedded Photo
Ruby Mountains.

26-Aug-14

Muleyslayer's embedded Photo
I was excited to hunt a totally new state this year; Nevada, and a new area of Utah, the Wasatch Front. Both areas were new and I hunted with and met new friends along the way. Not my biggest bucks by far but huge, huge adventure. Two weeks away from home on the road out west, it was what the kids call these days "SICK" : ) enjoy the pics.

The first one was my Nevada Ruby Mountains 3x3. Shot 12 miles in from the trailhead according to the GPS. Farthest foot travel I've ever made one way in on a hunt.

26-Aug-14

Utah Wasatch buck, final moments of the last day of hunting. Too cool to pass up! About 3.5 miles in, not too bad!

26-Aug-14
Great Buck's and I like it Muley!

26-Aug-14
Nice bucks..I'd love to be able to hunt a muley one day.

26-Aug-14
Nice bucks Shaggy, er, Muleyslayer!

26-Aug-14
Very nice!! Opening day is coming up in 3 days!!

26-Aug-14
MuleySlayer,

What a Gnarly left antler!!!

27-Aug-14
Congrats, nice bucks!!!!

27-Aug-14
Very nice. .. congratulations. Ed F

27-Aug-14

azarchery's embedded Photo
my brothers 3x3

27-Aug-14

my biggest by far, scored 191"

27-Aug-14
Nice buck, it really went 191"??

27-Aug-14
If you scored it like a whitetail it might go 191"

28-Aug-14
going on what the taxidermist told me. I personally can't judge/score deer worth a crap.

28-Aug-14
That's no 191, maybe 161 gross...

28-Aug-14
191 or 161...who cares? Its a great buck!

28-Aug-14
Nice buck azarchery!! It'll look good on your wall no matter what he scores. I wish I had the ability, like some do to be able to glance at a picture of a buck and automatically be able to calculate a score.

28-Aug-14
Way to go Doug! Personal best and a monkey shedder. You and Chuckster must have been in "the zone" this year. Great effort!

28-Aug-14
Thanks Heat. Guys, if you notice the black on his antler, he crashed into that burnt log behind him. Taxidermist said he can lighten it up some. That was my first archery deer. I've had a lot of long, sad drives home from Kaibab but this was a great one. Just glad I got to share it with my brother.

28-Aug-14
Very nice congrats to all!

29-Aug-14

Bake's MOBILE embedded Photo

AZ. First muley. 2nd hunt. 4th morning of the hunt. About a 500 yard cross-canyon stalk into a large old burn.

Can't decide which pic I like best. . .

This or the next?

29-Aug-14

29-Aug-14
bake great buck! first pic is much better imo.. less shadows on buck and more relaxed pose.

29-Aug-14
Very nice Bake!

29-Aug-14
10orbetter, me and my little brother azarchery were in the Kaibab Unit 12A which is a draw. Don't know about bake, he'll have to chime in. BTW bake, great buck !! First pic for me also.

29-Aug-14

Dikndirt's embedded Photo
Nice bucks guys! I will add mine, fun year so far!

29-Aug-14
Dikndirt congrats awesome buck!!! Great forum name too lol!

29-Aug-14

Thanks trkyslr...last years buck was my high water mark!

29-Aug-14

bsbowhunter's embedded Photo
bsbowhunter's embedded Photo
My first trip to Nevada (Ruby's) never did a high country hunt before. My hunting partner was suffering from kidney stones And Altitude sickness so hiked out a day early. Since I had to wait for the horses to bring out camp I kept hunting and actually found the same buck I had glassed from our original ridge up top on the ridge above base camp. My shot deflected off of a willow branch and went thru his liver so I backed out and found him the next morning (only went about 120yds)Not the biggest but I was pretty jazzed!

29-Aug-14
Haaaaaa Brett welcome to bowsite and great buck!

29-Aug-14

Come to think of it 2012 was a pretty good year also!

29-Aug-14

Hey while I am on the subject 2011 in Colorado produced this nice buck!

29-Aug-14
Grats guys!

Bake, that's awesome, grats to you, you must be stoked!

1st pic is better

30-Aug-14
Congrats on some great bucks! I leave in two weeks for mine and can't wait!

30-Aug-14
Dikndirt your a mule deer killing machine!

30-Aug-14

wifishkiller's embedded Photo
wifishkiller's embedded Photo
Took this guy this morning.

01-Sep-14

Adman's embedded Photo
Adman's embedded Photo
Colorado opening morning.

03-Sep-14

westernhunter's embedded Photo
westernhunter's embedded Photo
This is my sons first buck. Taken from a blind opening night just before dusk. He is 12 years old.

03-Sep-14
Outstanding, guys! Love those fuzzy horned, pencil necked, summer coated muleys!

04-Sep-14

nijimasu's embedded Photo
Here's my big'un. No one will believe it, but he had a 160-ish 4 point standing next to him when I shot... but my tag was only good for 2 point deer. I guess this is as close as one can get to "catch and release" in bowhunting.

04-Sep-14

04-Sep-14

CK's embedded Photo
CK's embedded Photo
My dad's first bow kill in twenty-five years.

He hasn't been able to draw a bow due to the bullet he took in Vietnam but his shoulder surgery was successful and he is back at it!

It was also my son's first animal recovery!

05-Sep-14
CK- Looks like your dad made an awesome shot on that beast. Congrats to your dad, your son, and you.

06-Sep-14

06-Sep-14

06-Sep-14

Conner Parry's embedded Photo
Got this buck with my tradtech recurve, 46 lb limbs and a 400 grain arrow did the trick. The buck dropped in his tracks after a woodsman broadhead cut off the top of his heart. My wife and kids were wTching from the truck, definitely a fun family night.

06-Sep-14

Got this buck with my tradtech recurve, 46 lb limbs and a 400 grain arrow did the trick. The buck dropped in his tracks after a woodsman broadhead cut off the top of his heart. My wife and kids were watching from the truck, definitely a fun family night.

06-Sep-14
Some awesome Bucks guys...Congrats! On my way home from Utah and will hit my late season hunt units in Nevada for a refresher look...Hard to believe I still have to wait until December....

08-Sep-14

psemf4's MOBILE embedded Photo
psemf4's MOBILE embedded Photo

my son's 2014 utah buck. his first archery deer.

08-Sep-14

hunt2live's embedded Photo
Here is the Mule Deer that I was lucky enough to get the other day. He is quite a neat buck as he has 3 different antlers that all have their own bases. He was also missing his left eye; actually it was still there but it had been popped. And before the jokes start I shot him on the right side so he had a fair chance at seeing me hahaha

08-Sep-14

Here is a photo of the skull showing the 3 antlers

08-Sep-14
So he was a 5x4x1? Haha. J/K. Thanks for sharing. That's an awesome deer. Congrats.

08-Sep-14
haha I never thought of that. I guess he was a 5X4X2 since he had a sticker off the 3rd antler that was over 1" long haha

09-Sep-14

Firehuntfish's embedded Photo
Firehuntfish's embedded Photo
Very nice trophies... Congrats to everyone...

My wife and I just got home from a muley/pronghorn hunt in the grasslands of northwest Nebraska. She was fortunate enough to take a nice goat on the second day(posted on the goat meat pole) and this buck on the last morning of day 5. She made an awesome 55 yard shot and he fell over 10 yards from where he was bedded. We hunted 3 other bigger bucks all in velvet, but never got a shot. Still, I'm very proud of her for getting this one with a bow.

09-Sep-14
Congrats to your wife Dan, Looks like a perfect shot at that!

09-Sep-14
Nice bucks everyone!!! Wow ....makes me even more anxious for my hunt next week!

10-Sep-14

Shiras's Link
Same as the antelope meat pole. Don't mean to take it off topic.

10-Sep-14

Kip Krenz's embedded Photo
Kip Krenz's embedded Photo
Arizona deer 30" wide 29" tall over the counter tags

10-Sep-14
Anyone interested in the truth about Shiras' link can read my reply posted in the antelope meatpole.

10-Sep-14
Nice buck Kyle. Another Alberta velvet for you, and pretty neat with the third antler. Nice pic too. That spot would be a little different today with all the snow!

10-Sep-14
That is truly awesome CK! Congrats to your dad. Nice muleys everyone. Personally I prefer the 2nd pic Bake, but a great 1st buck either way!

11-Sep-14
Nevada

11-Sep-14

11-Sep-14

11-Sep-14

11-Sep-14

11-Sep-14
Holy smokes drnaln...that's a beautiful buck.

11-Sep-14
that is a stud ...^^^^^

12-Sep-14
Great deer everyone.

14-Sep-14
Colorado

17-Sep-14

kylet's embedded Photo
kylet's embedded Photo
Montana. First Mule deer.

21-Sep-14

huntinelk's embedded Photo
huntinelk's embedded Photo
Colorado, my first mule deer with bow.

21-Sep-14

GJHUNTER's embedded Photo
GJHUNTER's embedded Photo

21-Sep-14
Lots of good bucks so far this season from the bowsiters. No archers for me this year so no pictures to share.

26-Sep-14

Mike Ukrainetz's embedded Photo

Mike Ukrainetz's Link
Dennis Weller from PA with his 206 gross score buck taken with Mike's Outfitting.

26-Sep-14

Blake Luse from Wyoming with a wide 178 score buck also taken with Mike's Outfitting in Alberta.

26-Sep-14

My 15 year old daughter.

26-Sep-14

ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
My buddy Elliot with a 206 gross muley buck from Montana public land general tag area.

29-Sep-14

COLO 3-D's embedded Photo
COLO 3-D's embedded Photo
Well since I started this thread, I guess I might as well join in. This is a second choice unit in Colorado and my first "high country" buck.

30-Sep-14
Once again nice job Henry! nice looking buck. Congrats to all those that filled their tags.

02-Oct-14

Brock-ID's embedded Photo
Brock-ID's embedded Photo
2014 Idaho Mule Deer 9 days of scouting. 14 days of hunting, finally connected on Sept. 19th.

03-Oct-14

Juan_ID's embedded Photo
Juan_ID's embedded Photo
Been a long time lurker of bowsite and for the longest time wanted to contribute to the "mule deer meatpole" thread and FINALLY the good Lord blessed me with a buck to share! Harvested this morning around 11:30 @ about 15 yards...

03-Oct-14
Congrats Juan!!!

04-Oct-14
Smile says it all Juan!! Nice work. Congrats to all bowsiters and their deer!!! One of my favorite meatpoles to watch!

04-Oct-14

Crockrj's embedded Photo
Crockrj's embedded Photo
First mule deer! Killed him near Rangely, CO. After I tagged out on elk I decided to hunt Mule deer. Glad I did. He's s 3x4 with double eye guards and great mass.

07-Oct-14

Triple 3's embedded Photo

Triple 3's Link
A couple nice bucks taken by a couple great hunters this past September.

Craig

Bowsite sponsor

07-Oct-14

Triple 3's Link

07-Oct-14

Triple 3's Link
Here he is

Craig

Bowsite Sponsor

08-Oct-14

Animal Killer's embedded Photo
Animal Killer's embedded Photo
First mule deer buck and first deer of the 2014 season. Been a long time in taking my first mule deer but I had one goal in mind on this hunt; hunt hard, have fun, and enjoy the experience. 2 days of hunting put me 19 yards above this guy in a cedar patch at 10:00 AM Oct 7th. A very rewarding hunt for myself and a freezer full of fresh meat!

09-Oct-14
Must be a small freezer, AK. :-)

Congrats on getting the buck. Nice work getting the colorful foliage into the background of your kill shot.

18-Oct-14
Some great critters guys!! Congrats!

18-Oct-14
Right on Animal Killer!! Must have been a super fun hunt!!

06-Nov-14

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
Well got lucky myself on Oct 29. As the story goes it absolutely dead calm that day, and we seen this buck enter a bluff that was nestled between a hwy and a gravel road. The bluff was roughly 150 yards long and 40 yards wide. I snuck down a coulee and got about 150 yards from the bluff. With the dead quiet calm and crispy grasses it took me 2 hours to work the last 150 yards into position.

Not knowing exactly where he was bedded I was worried I would bust him out, so when I got to the tip and hid behind an old rusted tub I waited.

Lo and behold 20 minutes later around 4:20 he jumps a fence and started feeding 25 yards off the gravel road! (120 yards from me) I waited and he slowly fed my way until he made it within long bow range. He gave me a couple looks as I did my best to melt in to the fence. Just when I thought it would be that easy a car passes by on the gravel and he watches it for a full couple minutes and is giving me a frontal at 50 yards.

He gets nervous and jumps the fence into the bluff. I sloooooowly peer over the rusted tub. Can't see him. Oh there he is, walking out the far side. Give him a bleat. Doesn't stop.

LOUDER, doesn't stop. You kidding me??? As he is walking straight away, I (fully drawn) side step about 10 yards so that I can get a little quartering away action expecting him to pick me off at some point and for me to take that opportunity to loose the arrow.

He never sees me.

He is stopped beside a shrub I had previously ranged and only getting further away so I send a 100gr vented VPA on its way. Spines him and he goes down. I dive through the fence and sprint up to him and sink another VPA into the goods from about 20 yards.

Just like that 6 days of super fun hunting are culminated in a beautiful Mulie. Wow what fun!! We are blessed to be able to enjoy such things!!!

10-Nov-14
Great buck Adam!! Congrats!

10-Nov-14
Great bucks, guys (and gals!). Love your story Adam. Congrats on a very respectable buck and a story you'll always remember. Muy congrats to Bake, too! You deserve it, my friend. Karma.

I missed a legit 190-class typical with my recurve day before yesterday. :-(

Deked him in with the doe hat, but he saw/heard me shoot, jumped the string and spun just as I released. So thankful I didn't wound him. Then I called and deked him right back, but he was pretty plugged-in so I decided not to shoot again.

Lots of hunting left. I have until the end of the month. He and two bigger ones are still around, so maybe lightning will strike twice.

11-Nov-14

muskwa's embedded Photo
muskwa's embedded Photo
Here is mine taken during rifle season. My "rifle" only shoots effectively to about 35 yards, so when this guy came in to look at my funny hat at 28 yards, I made it count. Keep at it Jaquomo. Tough break. Good hunting boys, keep the wind in your face...

11-Nov-14
Thanks Guys!!!

Wow way to go Joe! Thats a heck of a shot!

Sorry to hear that Jaq but I guess it's those experiences that keep us coming back year after year. You'll get your crack yet!

12-Nov-14

The Old Sarge's embedded Photo
The Old Sarge's embedded Photo
Idaho, Oct 27th, 9:25 am. He came out of the fog following a hot doe.

12-Nov-14

Sekbowhunter's embedded Photo
Sekbowhunter's embedded Photo
This is my first mule deer. I got him in Kansas on public ground. I am a resident of Kansas but where I live there are only white tails. This was third time I have gone after mule deer and finally harvested one. I think I am now hooked. Congrats to those who filled a tag and good luck to those who still have a tag to fill. Grant

14-Nov-14
Bake, photo No. 1. I suppose photo preferences are an individual thing but it is hard to beat the clean view of a rack without all the 'clutter' of a person and camo behind the rack.

09-Dec-14
 photo P1020659_zpse859c610.jpg

Late season Nevada in a pretty marginal unit...felt pretty tickled to bring this guy home.

09-Dec-14

Keith in colorado's embedded Photo
Keith in colorado's embedded Photo
29 1/2 wide and he had 2 broke points. Very happy to have him!

09-Dec-14
Awesome, Keith!!!! Congratulations!!!! You don't look very happy, though.. :-)

09-Dec-14
Atta baby Dave...

09-Dec-14

alhase's embedded Photo
alhase's embedded Photo
Here is my Nebraska late season buck.

10-Dec-14
A archery hunter and his elderly father with his crossbow mule deer from Northwest South Dakota. [URL=http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/RandyRoutier/media/Paul2014archery_zps2ffc1b3e.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj638/RandyRoutier/Paul2014archery_zps2ffc1b3e.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/RandyRoutier/media/Dickey2014crossbow_zps9a3c0d04.png.html][IMG]http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj638/RandyRoutier/Dickey2014crossbow_zps9a3c0d04.png[/IMG][/URL]

10-Dec-14

Dakota's embedded Photo
Dakota's embedded Photo

10-Dec-14
Lou, I was hopin for something bigger! LOL! Hope to see you on here with one of yours shortly!

• Sitka Gear