Moultrie Mobile
POW
Mule Deer
Contributors to this thread:
mixed bag 08-Nov-14
muskeg 08-Nov-14
08-Nov-14
Loved that place so much I'm planning a return trip for next August for blacktail.Most of the cabin rentals require 2-4 guys.Anyone interested or thinking about a blacktail hunt in POW for next year??Looking for guys to split the cabin rental with.Or, does anyone know where I can rent just a room and have a truck included for getting around the island?Learned a lot on my trip this past Sept,and love the alpine hunting there.The scenery is out of this world.Feels more like an elk hunt then a deer hunt.My plan is to hunt POW for a week then fly to Fairbanks for a moose hunt after.If I get a moose partner that is I will probably spend a few nights in the alpine spike camping.Some places I can access for day hunts but most alpine requires staying after bushwacking up there.We could partner up or just split the cabin expenses.Whichever would work best

08-Nov-14
Keep in mind that the non-resident season opens August 16th on most of the Island by Federal Regs.

The remote SE side of the Island opens on the Aug 1st by State Regs.

I love that summer hunt !!!! But there can be bad bugs and no hanging the Deer meat, in the fridge asap. The Bucks are usually in velvet.

• Sitka Gear