Blacktail Bob 25-Nov-14
Jim in PA 25-Nov-14
Shug 25-Nov-14
blg 25-Nov-14
trkyslr 25-Nov-14
T.O. 25-Nov-14
cityhunter 02-Dec-14
24-Nov-14
What's the word on how the population on Kodiak is rebounding? Finally got a group jazzed up about going, but have some lingering concerns on how the population is doing after the last die off. Probably won't be able to put it together until the 2016 season due to other hunts already booked.

25-Nov-14
We saw more does and young bucks than ever before. We had a group of 17 does and young bucks that walked by my new Kodiak Buck Shack every morning. Mature bucks are fewer in number, we we're seeing maybe 10 a day.

I know of a couple who were bear hunting on a river I had bear hunted a few years ago. I hunted the year after the die off and saw but one mature buck. This year they saw a lot of really nice bucks.

25-Nov-14
I just returned yesterday. Having hunted there 2 years ago (After die off) I was happy with the deer we saw. The group of 4 guys in before me got 8 nice bucks. I was only hunter in camp and got two, both of which were better than what I got 2 years ago. I also screwed up on a great buck that I would have loved to have gotten my tag on.

25-Nov-14
I hunted Ugak bay two weeks ago.Its not far from A kodiak city. Personally I didn't see many deer.4 total 1 doe 3 bucks.I took a pretty good buck. I hiked (2-6) miles a day. Glasses...called ...popped up a decoy,..glassed and called more..

The first day first 20 minutes I called a spike from across the bay that came within 7-8 yards.I figured I would pass.I didnt see another deer for 3 days.Others I spoke to who hunted the same are had the same results. Guys south and west were in them thick...Could be I'm just a bad hunter but with all the walking and glassing I did I would think I should have a few more at least.

25-Nov-14
No Mark its just you.... Or the shirt has lost its mojo :)

25-Nov-14
Mark let's see your buck... I wanna see

25-Nov-14
We were on the island from nov 4th thru 9th and only saw 1-spike and 3-does but the weather was horrible high winds and lots of rain, but I did get to watch a good friend shoot a 10ft bear on the first day of our trip.

02-Dec-14
good to hear ! How are the brown bears on the fawns ?

• Sitka Gear