Rocky D 01-Mar-15
Blacktail Bob 01-Mar-15
njbuck 02-Mar-15
Heat 02-Mar-15
CCOVEY 02-Mar-15
27-Feb-15

Blacktail Bob's embedded Photo
Lisa killed a nice buck the end of the 2014 season down in Arizona.

27-Feb-15

Mine was a bit smaller, but I was happy to fill my 2014 tag at 1pm on December 31.

27-Feb-15
Congrats to both of you!

27-Feb-15
Pretty bucks, Bob,but I like Lisa's better!

Congrats to you both!

27-Feb-15
Geez, I only hit end once...

27-Feb-15
Lou

I got the message the first time!!! I liked her's better too. Huge bodied old buck that scores around 92 as a two point with eye guards.

27-Feb-15
Nice bucks!!

Quad post, impressive.

27-Feb-15
The Smiles say everything - nice job

27-Feb-15
Very nice Congrats to Lisa !! Congrats to Bob . Bob how was the rut?

27-Feb-15
Well done to both of you's nice deer.

27-Feb-15
Very nice. Congrats.

See you guys in AZ.

--Jim

27-Feb-15
Very nice. Love the mass on her buck. I haven't seen one like that.

27-Feb-15
Nice deer Congrats!

27-Feb-15
I liked them both. Coues seem to be special. Nice. Paul

27-Feb-15
Congrats to you both Bob.

27-Feb-15
Nice - those are awesome Coues bucks.

27-Feb-15
Assume! Wives that hunt are great!

27-Feb-15
Very nice bucks congrats to both of you!

27-Feb-15

Louis

Weather was weird. Snowed in late December and that seemed to shut down most of the deer movement where we were.

Rut seemed odd this year to me. Lisa's buck was chasing a doe December 28 after the snow storm. After that, we saw very little rut activity. I hunted on my 2015 tag for about ten days and didn't see much, if any, rut activity.

Only saw one more shooter around 100 inches, but he had broke the right side of his rack off by the time he walked by at 20 yards. Didn't want to kill him like that.

27-Feb-15
Real nice AZ bucks you guys. Really like that mass on those old mature ones. Bob I will be calling you soon as Dawn drew her Kodiak goat tag. I will give you a couple of days to settle in at home and get back in the groove. Congratulations to both of you.

Mike

27-Feb-15
Bob we didnt see any rut ! Julio killed one on the 9th of Jan all alone i landed on the 11th saw two bucks one BC buck and one small 6pt no rut all does was alone just feeding .

27-Feb-15
Congrats.

That cold camping with no stove is for youngsters unless back packing. :^) God Bless

27-Feb-15
Congrats To you both!!

Good to see Lisa has the family camo going!

Mark

28-Feb-15
Great animals! Congrats.

28-Feb-15
Eeek, I used to hunt-camp like that in winter. First wife and I spent our honeymoon packed-in four miles during the "blizzard of '84", in a little dome tent.

After looking at your photo I went out back and gave my little camp trailer a big hug!

28-Feb-15
Very nice bucks. Cool kicker on yours as well!

28-Feb-15
Congrats on a pair of nice bucks!

28-Feb-15
Congrats Bob and Lisa!

Lenny

28-Feb-15
Thanks to all.

Mike, I heard your daughter got the tag. Call me this weekend.

I love being away from the road in that camp, which is about 15 miles from the nearest road. I got to hunt several extra days because Lisa wouldn't leave in the snow. She was certain we'd die if we tried to hike out in the snow. I had my 2015 tag, so I was fine with staying extra days. I think we ended up staying there about two weeks.

28-Feb-15
Bob sure does look like AK i bet it was warmer back home !!!

28-Feb-15
Awesome bucks!! Good job.

28-Feb-15
Okay Bob, If she got a "NICE" buck, just how dang big does it have to be to get a great one???

Congrats to both of you.

28-Feb-15
Larry

Its only a great buck if its bigger than any I've killed. That's her goal on every hunt and she usually does it!!!

28-Feb-15
Good for her.

01-Mar-15
Great bucks Bob, looks like fun. I enjoy getting off the road too but damn. I agree wholeheartedly with Jaquomo. "After looking at your photo I went out back and gave my little camp trailer a big hug!" Classic.

01-Mar-15
Bob, congrats to you and your wife, great bucks. It was nice speaking with you the other day. Take care,

DJ

01-Mar-15
Congratulations to both of you.

01-Mar-15
Grey Ghosts are fun to hunt! See you in Phoenix mid -April!

01-Mar-15
Congrats to both on two really nice bucks here! I also like her's more, great mass. ;-)

01-Mar-15
Bob,

How were you and the Mrs. hunting them? Did you pack stands and blinds in too or just stalking? I was down along the Mexico border in AZ over Christmas and came away with nothing but those little deer are incredibly hard to stalk! Your terrain looks a bit different.

01-Mar-15
Congratulations to both of you. Ed F

01-Mar-15
Yes, they are incredibly tuff to stalk. Cudo's to the AZ guys who do spot and stalk them and have regular success. I've said if these little guys are the Einstein’s of the deer world, then Sitka Blacktails are the Forest Gump’s of the deer world.

We hunt them relatively low in heavy timber where most local guys don't want to hunt because they can’t see to spot and stalk. We've found an area where over several years I've figured out some travel routes, scrape and rub lines, and rutting patterns.

It takes me a couple of days to pack our camp in. I hang ladder stands using two ladder sections so we are about ten feet in the air. We sit sometimes for days before we see a buck, but the one I killed this year is I think the sixth one I've taken from the same stand.

01-Mar-15
Congrats to you and the Mrs., I know you have said that she shoots the big animals... Looks like she is keeping up with the reputation. How much do those deer weigh approximately?

01-Mar-15
Great deer, I miss hunting coues deer. Her buck looks to have a pretty big body. I was always wanted a hundred inches and a hundred pounds.

01-Mar-15
They are small deer. I'd say I have a pack full of boned out meat weighting around 45 to 50 pounds when I pack one out. I've never actually weighed a pack full of meat, but I think a mature Sitka Blacktail buck is about 50% larger than a mature Coues deer buck.

02-Mar-15
Once again Bob, some great animals for you and your wife. Congrats!

02-Mar-15
You both did great! Glad you had a successful AZ hunt. Congratulations!

02-Mar-15
Congrats!

• Sitka Gear