wyliecoyote 28-Mar-15
MallardSX2 28-Mar-15
MallardSX2 28-Mar-15
Nick Muche 28-Mar-15
MallardSX2 28-Mar-15
Nick Muche 28-Mar-15
geneinidaho 28-Mar-15
28-Mar-15
Can somone please explain the tag process in Idaho? It seems to me that the entire state is open to over the counter tags? Looking to do either an early season archery or a rifle hunt in unit 27. I really appreciate the help. Not looking for help on spots just the tag process.

28-Mar-15
Gary, Unit 27 is in the "Middle Fork" zone...There are A tag and B tags sold on a first come first served basis beginning 12/1/2014 for non-res hunters. There is no specific archery hunt in unit 27....A tags are any weapon month of October brow tined bulls only and B tags are any weapon 9/15 - 9/30 brow tined bulls only in unit 27. This also applys to unit 20A and 26...same tag. I see no controlled hunts that occur in unit 27. Not real good news!!

Joe

28-Mar-15
Gary, In looking at your post, I see you did mention what animal you wanted to hunt...I presumed elk??

Joe

28-Mar-15
Mule deer. My apologies. I should have specified.

28-Mar-15
So If I want to hunt next season 2015 when do I need to apply for a license?

28-Mar-15
You should be able to buy a Mule deer tag no problem, OTC when you show up to Idaho. My advice would be to apply for a controlled hunt and then if you don't get it, hunt an OTC unit.

28-Mar-15
Do they have a listing of the controlled hunt areas available on the web site?

28-Mar-15
Look at the Regs on the Fish and Game site, should be in there.

28-Mar-15

geneinidaho's Link
2015 seasons have been set but have not been released as of yet. Should be in the next couple weeks. Not sure if anything is changing for that unit.

Unit 27 is an unlimited controlled antlered mule deer hunt. Season is Nov 1-18. This is an any weapon hunt. There is no specific archery only hunt in that unit that I am aware of.

• Sitka Gear