HuntEasy 30-Mar-15
IdyllwildArcher 30-Mar-15
wyliecoyote 30-Mar-15
JTreeman 30-Mar-15
IdyllwildArcher 30-Mar-15
HuntEasy 31-Mar-15
HuntEasy 31-Mar-15
29-Mar-15
I have never hunted an "X"zone before. Last 20 years I've been hunting A and B OTC in CA. I got enough points to draw one of the archery permits next year. Can I hear from someone who has archery hunted these units on their experience with hinting pressure access to backcountry bow hunting and overall quality of the hunt. Maybe some maybe able to compare it to B zone public? I know B zone is typical a "sh*t show" in rifle but archery season it's pretty easy to get away from the public. Where are my CA hunters at?? Pm if you prefer.

29-Mar-15
Ford, X1 is a lot like a B zone...lots of roads, lots of hunters and lots of deer. X3A is big muleys, limited tags so seeing another bowhunter is a a rare event....archery success has been really good..not very many roads. X3B is mostly private (Cedarville area) but tons of good bucks in the alfalfa fields. All the X zones around Susanville have quality hunting in archery season....Hope this helps!

Joe

30-Mar-15
Dad and I will be near Susanville in 2016. Cant wait for that hunt.

GL on yours HuntEasy. Are you planning on hunting an X tag or archery season A tag?

30-Mar-15
Ike- I'm looking at an archery season A tag. You cant hunt the archery season with an "x" correct?

X3b is a little easier to draw. I didn't realize it had a ton of private. Is there enough public to have a good hunt in x3b?

Is there wilderness in either x3A or x3B? I live about 4 hours away so making multiple 3-4 day trips during the bow season is an option.

Joe- thanks for the response back.

30-Mar-15
Correct.

PM sent

30-Mar-15
Ford, My experience is that the vast majority of the bucks in X3B are on the east slope private property...there is tons of public land between Hwy 395 and Surprise valley....just can't find many deer??

Joe

30-Mar-15
Hunteasy, how many points do you have? I've hunted X5B in the past and am saving points to do it again. Remember this is Bowsite, so when someone says hunting they are talking bow hunting of course. Nice to see a thread about the Whipping Child, California!

30-Mar-15
California sucks, how can you guys live there, much less hunt there! Just kidding ;) good luck, carry on.

--Jim

30-Mar-15
JTree, that's not a fair assessment.

California is actually the best place in the world to live.

Said a bunch of gay guys.

31-Mar-15
I have 2 points going into 2015... Ike +1 !!! HAHAHA...

31-Mar-15
Greg, Were you successful in x5b? Let's see those pics! I've heard great stories about x5b. The hunter verus point saver may not be able to hold out long enough for X5b!!

• Sitka Gear