Mule Deer
Contributors to this thread:
wildwilderness 14-Apr-15
soloman 14-Apr-15
wyliecoyote 14-Apr-15
wildwilderness 14-Apr-15
soloman 14-Apr-15
14-Apr-15
I decided to jump back into the NV points game mainly for archery deer. I have been looking at the hunting units and reading past articles on the state and draw system. I had a few questions that I could use some help to clarify if someone knows-

Does NV look at all your hunt choices or just the 1st before it moves on to the next applicant?

Also do you loose your points if you draw any choice # or just 1st?

When people refer to NV area 7 for deer do they mean units 071-079,091?

When they refer to NV area 10 for deer do they mean units 101-109? and is that the Ruby Mts?

And lastly if you have any suggestions for an archery hunt with a good chance at a P&Y class muley?

Thanks and good luck in the draw

14-Apr-15
They go down the whole list before moving on, so you should put down hardest to easiest according to you're taste.

You will lose points no matter what choice you draw.

Area 7 answer is yes.

Area 10 also yes.

Both of those areas have a realistic chance at Pope and Young. 10 will be much more physically demanding than 7.

14-Apr-15
The late archery season in 101-109 will give you a great opportunity for big muleys....Ruby Mtns with the biggest deer herd in Nevada..plus migration time...plus rut time...quite a combination for a bow only season !!

Joe

14-Apr-15
I noticed the late archery hunts. Looks like they should be during the rut? Would there be any weather issues (road closures, or access issues) with a late hunt in certain areas?

14-Apr-15
With the lack of snow the last few years access is good, but the rut hasn't kicked in till the very end or even after that season lately either.

Not a bad hunt but not as good as it used to be either.

• Sitka Gear