Bigdan 27-Apr-15
TD 27-Apr-15
BOHNTR 27-Apr-15
R. Hale 27-Apr-15
Drnaln 27-Apr-15
MDW 02-May-15
Charlie Rehor 02-May-15
26-Apr-15
Has anyone here heard how John Mclendon's mule deer scored at the Panel judging in Phoenix AZ ? It is a potential new world record.

26-Apr-15
It is huge that is for sure.

Good luck, Robb

26-Apr-15
No it scored 204 7/8 number one in 29th Recording but was a little short at being a WR

26-Apr-15
What unit?

26-Apr-15
AZ Strip

26-Apr-15
The accompanying placard said Mohave County, but unit was not mentioned.

26-Apr-15
Any pictures?

27-Apr-15
I find it interesting that it lost nearly 3" between the first official scoring and the convention. It just goes to show that these numbers ca and do change. I wonder if it is due to continued shrinkage or measurer inconsistencies?

Remarkable buck regardless and one that anyone would be insanely proud to have their name attached to.

27-Apr-15
Velvet is the reason for the drop in score and I think the NT point on the left sider took it from being a WR

27-Apr-15
If I recall for WR status it would have to be stripped of velvet?

Velvet antlers depending on the exact stage can shrink an amazing amount. Measurements alone I would guess can vary some.

It would be interesting to sit in on a panel measurement. Do they discuss and approve each and every measurement and deduction? Or each measure and average the score? Change scores as they go? Vote at the end what scores and deductions stand and which don't? Assuming it is done behind closed doors so nobody can lobby either way?

Love to be a fly on the wall. Would be very educational.

27-Apr-15
For world records....it is what it is at panel. I believe this buck continually shrank as time went on from original measurement. It is still an awesome buck that I LOVED measuring at panel. Only 1/8" below world record status.......measured by three separate three-man teams. Like I said, it is what it is.

27-Apr-15
TD,

All panel measuring is done in a fly environment. :)

27-Apr-15
The bucks original P & Y entry wouldn't have been with the velvet on & the cheater was there when it was 1rst officially scored! I bet the panel was hoping the buck would have been the new #1 and were probably disappointed when it came up short! Only coming up short by 1/8 must have been really tough on the panel scorers! It would be tough duty & my hats off to the guys that take the time. Hell of a buck & a new #2!

02-May-15
During the P&Y measurer's breakfast, there was mention of possibly convening a special panel to deal with potential new WR in a more timely manner. Don't know if it will fly or not.

02-May-15
I hope there is no "special" measuring outside of current panel. These special animals will subsequently never make it to the conventions which would be a shame! C

• Sitka Gear