PAstringking 10-Jun-15
Jaquomo 10-Jun-15
sticksender 10-Jun-15
cmbbulldog 21-Jun-15
Cazador 21-Jun-15
Redman 21-Jun-15
HuntEasy 22-Jun-15
09-Jun-15
I am looking for an archery mule deer hunt this year out on the eastern plains. I would do a leftover tag with access to private property, LO tag, and would consider guided hunts if I had to (probably most likely option at this stage in the game). If anyone knows of any options, please send me a PM. Thanks.

09-Jun-15

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
I've hunted the eastern plains for Whitetails a few times with CWO.

From the ground Whitetails.

With a bow.

Does it get any better than that?

I arrowed this buck from ~ six yards!

Great hunts!

09-Jun-15
Comanche Wilderness Outfitters +3

09-Jun-15
The way they turned the tag allotment inside out this year, likely not much leftover tag possibility. Definitely vouchers, since so many were available to outfitters. Pretty much any deer property out there that holds deer is either leased to outfitters or closely held for family and friends.

Scott at CWO will put you into good hunting. There are other options but I know Scott personally and he runs a top-notch operation.

10-Jun-15
Ill be hunting with CWO this coming November, I cant wait. I have heard nothing but good things about Scotts outfit and he sure has some MONSTER mule deer to go after.

10-Jun-15
Thanks for all the replies. I have a call into him. Does anyone know if they have a website? I couldnt find one...

10-Jun-15
PM sent

10-Jun-15

Jaquomo's Link
Here you go: https://www.guidefitter.com/comanchewildernessoutfittersinc

10-Jun-15
I'm pretty sure you'll find out he's booked full for 2015. No harm in asking though, somebody might've cancelled.

If it's of any interest, there are some leftover archery tags in a few mountain units that you can possibly get if you wanted to DIY. Although it remains to be seen if they'll last until the final leftover round.

21-Jun-15
TTT

Didn't get a response yet from CWO, will try again later this week. But wondering if anything else is out there.

Thanks,

21-Jun-15
I agree, CWO would be my choice. I've never used a guide, but Scott has always treated me well with other things and he has some great deer areas.

Keep in mind, Scott does spring Alaska hunts, and this may be the reason he's slow to get back with you.

21-Jun-15
Call Wes Atkinson at Atkinson Expeditions. I have hunted with both him and Scott Limmer and they both are great. I'm hunting with Wes this fall

22-Jun-15
I'll be hunting with CWO for the first time this season.

• Sitka Gear