Dan Mallia 01-Sep-15
Mike Ukrainetz 06-Sep-15
Mike Ukrainetz 07-Sep-15
Mike Ukrainetz 09-Sep-15
tadpole 20-Sep-15
22-Jun-15

Mike Ukrainetz's embedded Photo
We have just had an opening come up for 2 bowhunters, Aug 25 to 30, which is opening week for a fantastic mule deer bowhunt, 6 full hunting days. You could kill a deer like the one pictured above, 205 non typical taken by Dennis Weller just last year.

It is 2 on 1 guided and spot and stalk in crop fields is our usual hunting method although sometimes we use treestands and ground blinds. If you want a 80+% chance of going home with a deer trying to shoot every 160+ score deer you encounter is a very reasonable goal, even a 170+ is pretty reasonable and you never know when you will find a giant. We have had excellent spring moisture so far and we also had a mild winter, things are looking great for this fall. $1000 off the $5500 hunt price plus 5% tax and $410 license, per person. I'm looking for 2 guys who can book together or if I find 2 solo hunters I will pair you up for the hunt. email me at [email protected]

22-Jun-15
wont last

22-Jun-15

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Or you could get one like this:)

Matt and I hunted with Mike the first week! Two days and we were done!

22-Jun-15
Dang...on my bucket list! I'm booked or would be there in a heartbeat.....

Good luck to the lucky hunters that get to do this hunt.

Mark

22-Jun-15
This is an awesome chance for someone. If I wasn't already booked for the same time I'd be giving Mike a call! I've hunted with Mike a couple of times so far and it can't be beat for a great chance at anywhere from a P&Y to a world class mule deer. Opening week before the bucks know they're being chased can be special.

22-Jun-15
Mike - Email sent.

23-Jun-15

I think we have the hunt sold! Maybe you'll see one of the lucky guys that bought the hunt in a picture like this!! Brandon Hiatt from 2013.

23-Jun-15

tadpole's embedded Photo
tadpole's embedded Photo
Taken with Mike's on my first hunt there. Great hunting, good food, good accommodations, good guides.

You might have to excuse the goofy hat tho...theory was to keep 'em laughing all the way to the cooler.

23-Jun-15
Im going with Mike! Looking forward to it.

23-Jun-15
Good luck bulldog! You will not be disappointed.

28-Aug-15

Joe Demasi from New York booked the cancellation hunt and killed this beauty buck! Guided by Kyle Mudge.

28-Aug-15
Whoa, totally impressive...

28-Aug-15
Wow!

28-Aug-15
Well done!! Gotta take a chance to score big!

28-Aug-15
Great buck!

28-Aug-15
Wasn't Tadpole there too Mike? Did he get a shot?

28-Aug-15
How is that first buck a "non typical?"

28-Aug-15
Great way to start the season!

28-Aug-15
IdyllwildArcher -

Not sure, but I would suspect that a lot of those stickers around both bases might well have proven to be scoreable after the velvet was removed.

28-Aug-15
Nice bucks congrats to all your hunters!

29-Aug-15

First buck bases for all the non typical points. Some maybe not officially scoreable but who cares?

29-Aug-15

And another great archery buck we just took, Matt Nezich. Guided by Josh Harb.

29-Aug-15
SteveB, yes tadpole aka Tad Crawford from Ohio is here right now for his 4th mule deer bowhunt. I'm guiding him so he is not happy. Haha. No, we are having fun trying to kill a 180+ buck only. We passed a slam dunk stalk on a solid 170 and missed a long shot on a long tined giant. I'm just waiting for the right wind as I type this, doing a push, will let you know how it goes!

29-Aug-15
SteveB, yes tadpole aka Tad Crawford from Ohio is here right now for his 4th mule deer bowhunt. I'm guiding him so he is not happy. Haha. No, we are having fun trying to kill a 180+ buck only. We passed a slam dunk stalk on a solid 170 and missed a long shot on a long tined giant. I'm just waiting for the right wind as I type this, doing a push, will let you know how it goes!

29-Aug-15
Moore great bucks Mike.....congrats!

I guess we shouldn't be too surprised any more.....Lol

Mark

29-Aug-15

Tad Crawford on point.

29-Aug-15

Tad with some decoy madness! We killed one buck because of the hat decoy, made by Tad.

29-Aug-15
Good luck Tadpole and Mike! Sure looks like a blast!

29-Aug-15

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Hope to get up there again one of these years, Mike!

29-Aug-15
That deer is awesome T Roy! If I could choose one big deer out of all the ones we have killed to have personally killed with my bow it would be that buck!! It is so massive and full of character, never mind that it scored over 200! Thanks for posting.

29-Aug-15
I sent you a pm mike!

30-Aug-15
I've seen hunts in the Canola and tall grass and such. The first thing I thought was all those guys are tall. Being 5'6 it would either be a spine shot or in the dreaded no kill zone below the spine and above the vitals. It would be a tough hunt for someone my hieght or less.

I still want to do a elk and or moose hunt up there.

30-Aug-15
Hey Rayzor, the canola is usually about 2 1/2 ft tall. The only part covered is the bottom few inches of the deer's chest. A 5 ft tall person could hunt it.

30-Aug-15

The other hunter who booked the cancellation hunt killed this buck, Chad Boyd from Colorado. Guided by Kyle Mudge. 205 gross score.

31-Aug-15

Plus we killed a couple moose the same week as the mule deer. Todd Welch here with a nice bull that guide Josh Harb called into 10 yards! We have an early season calling and decoying method that works like a charm.

31-Aug-15

The other monster bull. Matt Nezich, guide Josh Harb. Matt got a Muley and a moose in 3 days of hunting. Best hunt he ever had, he said. Great guy, great shooting, both one arrow quick kills.

So we ended the week filling 5 out of 6 tags and if Tad wasn't such a picky bugger we probably could have filled his Muley tag too! Our two 180+ class bucks we were after were too smart for both of us. Tad was happy though and threatened to come back again. All kidding aside, Tad is a great guy to hang out with for a week. Lots of laughs and good stories.

31-Aug-15
Hey mike, check your pm's buddy

Thanks!!

01-Sep-15
Great animals.

This is a bucket list hunt for me, for sure.

06-Sep-15
And another great buck is taken, Nick Slocum from Michigan with a solid 170 class deer. Sorry about the tongue and the deer in the headlights expression on Nick. Only pic I got right now.

07-Sep-15
Nick's deer scored 177 gross. It only has a 21 inch outside spread but the long tines made it score well, especially considering that body wise it looked to be only a 3 year old, great genetics, a mild previous winter and good spring moisture came together to create this great buck.

09-Sep-15

A much better pic of nick and his deer.

20-Sep-15

tadpole's embedded Photo
tadpole's embedded Photo
Here is a pic of the buck Mike and I were after. I took this pic from the my video, shot near the stand I was on the last evening.

• Sitka Gear