Droptine47 06-Aug-15
midwest 12-Oct-15
Cmmoore15 14-Oct-15
coelker 16-Oct-15
Droptine47 27-Oct-15
Bowhntr 27-Oct-15
Droptine47 27-Oct-15
03-Aug-15
I have a unit 76 archery deer tag and am looking for some advice on how to hunt the unit. It seems like there isn't much information on the unit so any help would be greatly appreciated. I am going to do some scouting in the weeks to come but have never had the privilege of hunting the unit. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

04-Aug-15
Been a while since I hunted deer in there, but there are some good bucks up above treeline. Take a look up above Bear Town to the west of Kite Lake and off the Stony Pass Road. Good access points to high basins from there.

06-Aug-15
Thanks Treeline. I have been looking at Google Earth and there is plenty of high country in the unit. I am going to try and make it down next week to do some scouting. I will probably start on the 76/66 border and go from there. It looks like there are some really good basins along the Continental Divide Trail as well. I was thinking about coming in by Hunter Lake and making my way north from there and just checking out the basins along the way.

06-Aug-15
The deer were hit pretty hard in 66 a few years ago, but should be coming back. Good genetics on those deer and would be a good place to start.

Guess I need to make some time in the summer and head back up into that country with a fly rod in hand and optics in my pack to see how the critters are doing. Some of my favorite fishing holes are down there and it has been too long since I visited them.

Good luck!

06-Aug-15
The moisture has been better than I have ever seen it this year and the winter was light so hopefully the deer will make a comeback.

12-Oct-15
How was your hunt?

14-Oct-15
What he said

16-Oct-15
Hello, nothing is worse then getting help and then not telling anyone how it turned out!!!!

27-Oct-15
Sorry guys I have been busy with elk hunts. I had an awesome experience. I missed 2 smaller bucks 170 ish but saw some dandys. I had one big buck a 40 and another at 35 but could only see horns in the buck brush. The biggest buck had 7 smaller bucks with him and when he felt threatened he would go vertical and bed in the cliffs where you couldn't stalk him. I hunted 14 days and hiked about 70 miles. I saw some big moose, lots of elk, and some nice sheep. It truly was an amazing hunt.

27-Oct-15
170 is small? Wow!

27-Oct-15
Sorry guys I have been busy with elk hunts. I had an awesome experience. I missed 2 smaller bucks 170 ish but saw some dandys. I had one big buck a 40 and another at 35 but could only see horns in the buck brush. The biggest buck had 7 smaller bucks with him and when he felt threatened he would go vertical and bed in the cliffs where you couldn't stalk him. I hunted 14 days and hiked about 70 miles. I saw some big moose, lots of elk, and some nice sheep. It truly was an amazing hunt.

• Sitka Gear