cityhunter 17-Oct-15
Mark Watkins 17-Oct-15
Rick M 17-Oct-15
Shrewski 20-Oct-15
Blacktail Bob 20-Oct-15
Heat 20-Oct-15
Shrewski 20-Oct-15
15-Oct-15
Blacktail Bob and his Wife Lisa have several articles about the featured specie (Sitka Blacktail) in the current issue of the Pope & Young Ethic Magazine.

Many of you know that about 15% of the total P&Y entries in this category are entered by Bob. Truly amazing passion for Sitka Blacktail.

Thanks to you both for putting these articles together!

Also featured in this issue is the 50th anniversary story of Mel Johnson's "Beanfield Buck" which has held the World Record, Typical Archery Whitetail Record since 1965! The most sought after specie in North America and the record has held for 50 years.

Also, Hats off to the Magizines Editor, Steve Ashley! Every issue is pure magic! Thanks to all you folks! C

15-Oct-15
I always look forward to reading the Ethic. I won't read it online, it's just not the same.

15-Oct-15
Looking forward to reading Bob and Lisa's articles. They have been a big help over the years freely sharing information about hunting in AK.

I also look forward to every copy of the Ethic. I keep all my copies and use them all the time when I am researching new places and species to hunt.

Steve has done a wonderful job as Editor and really puts a fine magazine together.

I also thank all who are involved in making P&Y what it is.

15-Oct-15
Bob reaches so many people through his posts on this site...truly a great ambassador

15-Oct-15
Gene Fleming (Huntinelk) is also in there with his buffalo. Congrats Gene!

15-Oct-15
Read it almost cover to cover last night when it showed up. Lots of good info!

15-Oct-15
I look forward to receiving the Ethic every quarter. There's a lot of good information in every issue. Looking forward to reading the articles over the weekend.

15-Oct-15
First thing that caught my eye in the article was the picture of Roy...Great read Bob.

15-Oct-15
Bob should be the Pres of the club ! Congrats to Bob and Lisa two awesome folks !

15-Oct-15

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bob who?

15-Oct-15
Looking forward to reading when I get back home. Was actually thinking about spending some time up there next year and looking at what Bob has to offer.

15-Oct-15
I'm looking forward to it showing up in my mailbox!

15-Oct-15
Got mine today! Can't wait to read it!

15-Oct-15
I opened up my mailbox today and saw my copy and a big smile came on my face. Always some great reading in every copy.

15-Oct-15
I just got mine and hadn't even opened the cover. But I'm headed to Kodiak in 3 weeks so you can bet I will be devouring it!

15-Oct-15
Very good read in this issue. It is amazing how far the publication has come over the years!

16-Oct-15
Got mine yesterday. Bob & Lisa's articles are great.

16-Oct-15
Thanks, I hope the article and information helps one or two kill a Sitka Blacktail buck.

I'm headed to Kodiak on Tuesday. Won't be the same this year without Roy. I'm planning on putting a memorial up for him in "Roy's Saddle". I watched him kill his last Sitka there in November 2014.

16-Oct-15
Bob, a heart felt condolences out to you. I just went through that experience myself. I had my buddy's son with me and we put out a memorial for him together.

I will revisit it every year.

16-Oct-15
Bob, Have a great trip to Kodiak. Know it'll be a meaningful one... Take care, Chris

16-Oct-15
Can't wait to get the new issue. Congrats and thanks much for your contribution.

My condolences on losing a good friend and hunting partner. Both hard to come by. A friend will help you move.... a GOOD friend will help you move a body....

Have a great hunt. Good hunting partners like Roy would wish nothing less.

17-Oct-15
Bob great idea on the Roy memorial . The good memories will outweigh the sadness ! Best of luck

17-Oct-15
Congrats to you and Lisa, Bob.

Great idea in honoring Roy. He is smiling down at you and your idea!

Mark

17-Oct-15
Good article. I have been thinking about a trip to go after them the last couple of years. Blacktails were never on my radar before.

Very sorry to hear about Roy.

20-Oct-15
Great issue and articles!

How long do the bucks stay up in the alpine-Kodiak specifically? Trying to decide if it would be better to go very early in August for first crack at them or late August to make use of the Labor Day holiday for more time in the field.

20-Oct-15
I've never hunted Kodiak early so I cant say for sure, but I think you'd be OK in late August even early September for the alpine. I know Dr. Jack Frost hunts then and he kills a lot of deer.

Likewise, if you go toward the south end of the island, the alpine is pretty much where the deer are all of the time.

20-Oct-15
Super article on Kodiak Blacktails. Thanks for sharing with us Bob!

20-Oct-15
Thanks Bob. Good luck and be safe out there. Much respect for you and Mr. Roth.

• Sitka Gear