raghorn 26-Oct-15
ridgerunnerron 27-Oct-15
cottonwood 27-Oct-15
Alexis Desjardins 27-Oct-15
TEXASWOODS5 27-Oct-15
23-Oct-15

TEXASWOODS5's embedded Photo
TEXASWOODS5's embedded Photo
I was fortunate enough to draw a Texas public lands bow hunt for mule deer. tough hunt beautiful rugged mountains in west Texas. It was a 3 1/2 day hunt well on Thursday morning I was able to connect on this 2.5 year old at 28 yards. This was at Elephant mountain WMA.

23-Oct-15
Congratulations! Now that is a tough hunt - DIY on public land.

23-Oct-15
Well done

23-Oct-15
Congrats! Got a story?

23-Oct-15
congrats! I have been putting in for that area for 5 years. If I ever draw I'll have to get in touch with you.

23-Oct-15
Congrats! Mike

23-Oct-15
Congratulations! I bowhunted sheep there in March and know what a rugged property that is. We saw lots of mule deer (in fact they blew a couple of stalks on sheep.) I would love to have drawn a permit to come back and hunt deer. It's a fantastic place to hunt, and a great story behind how it got donated to the State of Texas. I'm guessing there are very few Texas public land mule deer taken each year, much less by archery. Great job! Hope Mark and the gang took care of you.

23-Oct-15
Hey Quick draw1 I think I saw a picture of your sheep it was awesome am I right. I spent most of my time hunting the elk tank compartment which is actually the Del Norte mountains. I saw plenty of deer over there and 7 aoudad rams. I killed my deer over on the side of Elephant mountain which was the other side of my other compartment. All in all I had about 8 square miles to hunt. That's a lot of ground to cover considering a lot of it is up and down. So my story was this. Wednesday evening I had shot at a buck that was with a group 4 and didn't connect I watched them bed for the night went back Thursday morning to look for them. I hiked up this finger ridge and found there beds and as I was thinking what to do I turned to my left to go over the ridge and this buck was standing there looking at me from 28 yards.

23-Oct-15
Congrats, very beautiful area.

23-Oct-15
Texaswoods you probably did see a picture of my bighorn. If you saw aoudad sheep anywhere near there, I bet the state biologists would take out after them like an infestation of the plague. They are doing everything possible to try and keep the aoudad away from the desert bighorns. Too much disease, and the bighorns (like everywhere else) are very susceptible to disease. That's a great story. Sometimes we work and work and work to get the right stalk, and then sometimes we get a gift! And what a great place to pick up a mule deer.

25-Oct-15
Congratulations!

26-Oct-15
Hey Texaswoods, you look familiar. Something about a black bear comes to mind.

27-Oct-15
Congrats on a tough DIY public land desert mulie!

About the aoudads- I didn't think there was any in that country. Just as QucikDraw1 said, I think the state would do something about them. Perhaps you should contact the state before it could end up being catastrophic to the Desert bighorns!

27-Oct-15
That's awesome!

27-Oct-15
good deer, congrats

27-Oct-15
Raghorn- I too remember something about booboo!

• Sitka Gear