Mark Watkins 25-Jul-16
loesshillsarcher 26-Jul-16
Buffalo1 26-Jul-16
kota-man 26-Jul-16
loesshillsarcher 26-Jul-16
LWood 27-Jul-16
Blacktail Bob 28-Jul-16
23-Jul-16
Nice: Pretty cool that many of the BowHunter "Guest writers" are discovered on Bowsite:)

Tom: Was the article about the benefits of carrying a spare release? Ha! What a great day hunting that Stag in Newfoundland.

23-Jul-16
Pat,

With his burgeoning fame as an outdoor writer, I guess we'll need to put a new concrete apron in front of the Kansas lodge.....for his "star". Then, of course, we'll also need to widen the door jambs for his head!!

...and I'll bet that he has "nothing" for a return volley.....ha ha!!

23-Jul-16
Very nice Tom.. I didn't know Jake and Pat were so jealous of your many talents...Maybe if they hang out with you long enough, they will kill something worth writing about. ;)

23-Jul-16
Cory,

Don't bother sucking up to him...he STILL isn't going to recognize you at the next P&Y convention....LOL!!

24-Jul-16
That's funny stuff right there Jake! Unfortunately, I will not be in St. Louis. The big white bear of the North is calling my name...

24-Jul-16
Another nice piece by Tom, along with Matt and Ron! No surprise, since these guys are world-class hunters as well as top-notch hunting writers.

Tom, I agree that your work is fairly lucid and coherent for a lawyer! :)

Cracks me up when I see posts from nobodies dissing the hunting cred of the guys who write for Bowhunter and other major bowhunting pubs. These guys are the real deal, in hunting, writing, and life.

24-Jul-16
Thanks guys. I was hoping that it would pass under Pat's and Jake's radar. Oh well the things a guy has to put up with... and how could I forget Cory. I get all of my gear advice from him! Lou you are my hero. I still have too many years until retirement, but when I do, I hope to follow your blueprint. Charlie I think about that hunt often. One of the best hunts that I have ever been on. I would do it again in a heartbeat...and I now travel with three releases!

24-Jul-16
Well done Tom!

And to think I had the honor of sharing a table at P&Y with a famous author - life will never be the same!!

24-Jul-16
Tom it was a great article.

24-Jul-16
Get ready for all the single chics showing up at the next Bowsite P and Y Meet and Greet....better double the budget Pat!

"Tom, Tom, will you autograph my bikini top?!!!"

Great article on a unique hunt Tom!

Mark

24-Jul-16
I have not seen a copy of it yet. Did Mr. Tom talk about foot apparel much in the article?

24-Jul-16
Ned,

Prenups and Pronghorns

24-Jul-16
Great article Tom. Thanks Lou! Several excellent hunters and writers from Bowsite and I consider myself lucky to be among that company.

24-Jul-16
Well done sir!!

24-Jul-16
"Tom, Tom, will you autograph my bikini top?!!!"

That could have come from just a night on the town with Ned..... =D Don't really want to know what gets autographed after a night out with Pat.....but have to admit... black sharpie shows up well enough on red....

Pretty cool Tom. We're always a month or so late getting magazines out here... looking forward to reading it.

24-Jul-16
Ned, Oh yeah......great amount of detail (a sidebar) on the "home brew cork boots" and using them for traction in Iowa cornfields??

WTH is going on here? I'm confused....

Mark

25-Jul-16
.....and the hits just keep coming...!!!!

25-Jul-16
Cazador Tom "Donde son mis zapatos"

Me. "HAHAHAHA"

Guides " Que? Que?"

Me. "Los zapatos de cazador Tom son en el campamento!"

I will buy multiple issues when and if that story is published. Will make for a good read.

25-Jul-16
Ned, it was published on Bowsite... I seem to remember hearing another story about a guy who climbed into a treestand once and discovered while he was sitting there that he was still wearing slippers. I wonder who that was????

25-Jul-16
What? Never. Congrats on the article. Will look for it.

25-Jul-16

loesshillsarcher's embedded Photo
My favorite Madtrapper article is in this Bowhunter issue. Crazy that it was in 2013. where does the time go

25-Jul-16
LOL Pat! Congrats Tom! Well done sir :)

25-Jul-16
Haahaaa. Does someone have nightvision glasses there?

25-Jul-16
Pat,

That is some funny stuff right there!!!

25-Jul-16
FOG that was pretty good!!!!!!!

25-Jul-16

FOG.. this is fog on Tom's desert hunt

25-Jul-16
Nedly, Nedly, Nedly

F****** Old Guy

In Kansas, Tom is the FNG.......as in New Guy.....

oops...my bad, should have explained in PM.

25-Jul-16
OH for sure. I am just a touch out of the loop. Behind the times. Behind the ..... there I go talkin cornfields again.

25-Jul-16
If I remember correctly, a box of depend undergarments. I didn't give him much crap as I am sure to do likewise in the near future.

25-Jul-16

Shortly after asking them "Do you want to go out on the town"

25-Jul-16
Jakes rocking combat style while Tom chooses stealth mode in the Mexican bars!

Was this after the hunt?

Mark

26-Jul-16
Actually before. Just after discussion of and Jake helping with the booking of our Tule elk hunt. That hunt started in this hotel room. lol

26-Jul-16
Nicely written article. Congrats.

26-Jul-16
Ned...Which one of those two did you sleep with? That would be a tough call. One I'd rather not ever have to make.

26-Jul-16
I think they kicked me to the floor. Can't remember. lol

27-Jul-16
Great article, Tom. Hope all is well!

Lenny

28-Jul-16
Finally got my copy. Takes a while for the dog team to get to Wasilla. Nice job. Love the color of POW bucks in the fall. I leave in the morning for two weeks of alpine hunting down there. Looks like we might hit a good stretch of weather too.

• Sitka Gear