midwest 09-Sep-09
mn_archer 09-Sep-09
Friedto 10-Sep-09
Sunstroke'd 10-Sep-09
Dwayne 10-Sep-09
Dwayne 10-Sep-09
Dakota 10-Sep-09
09-Sep-09
Hi. I just picked up my North Dakota resident pronghorn bow liscence and need some help. A friend and I were goind to cut out a decoy from some 1/4" plywood. Does somebody have a pattern? Just cut from eye? Should I put a hinge in the middle to fold it up like those decoys that you can buy?

09-Sep-09
I had intended to do the same, but Renzo had their pronghorn decoy on sale 2 for 1.

09-Sep-09
Fried, I just brought an old post of mine to the top for you...

michael

10-Sep-09
thanks man

10-Sep-09
This may sound too simple, but it actually worked. I had a paper antelope target and not a lot of money. So I went to a local store, grabbed a large cardboard box, glued the paper target to the cardboard, cut along the outline, and stapled it to a stick. It actually brought an antelope into within shooting distance, but I didn't get the shot off before he left. He came in like a whirlwind and left in the same manner. I think he saw me crouched behind some juniper bushes 20 yds away. It was pretty cool though.

10-Sep-09
I just built the three in this photo. I can mess up the drawing of a stick man so had my wife help with the painting. I traced the patterns from a Dutton and a Montana decoy. You should be able to see where I placed the hinges on the photos. Good luck, Dwayne

- not sure why the photo attachment failed, will try again

10-Sep-09

Dwayne's embedded Photo
Dwayne's embedded Photo
Try attaching the photo again Dwayne

10-Sep-09
If you can get a projector from the local school or library you can use a picture out of a magazine or dictionary to show up on your plywood and then just trace it. That's what I did in junior high to make my first one.

• Sitka Gear