munchit 17-Mar-07
Ibow 17-Mar-07
munchit 17-Mar-07
munchit 17-Mar-07
Ibow 17-Mar-07
Archer871 25-Jul-17
27-Sep-06

Ibow's Link
I was also wondering if anyone has any experience bowhunting with this guide/outfitter and what you might have to say.

http://www.mts.net/~dushanek/index.html

30-Sep-06
what does he charge?

01-Oct-06
Not sure what the price is. We've checked out the references on a few outfitters/guides and we are trying to get a few last minute comments before we decide.

Price is important but we've decided to be a little more careful and a little more focused on hooking up with a quality outfitter or guide. We'll worry about price after we find what we are looking for in 2-3 outfitters.

02-Oct-06
Ifr it's Darrel Duschneck in Mb. you will be ok. But, plan on been in a tent camp.

02-Oct-06
Country- yes, that's the guy. Did you hunt with him? What was your overall impression.

We don't mind a tent camp. Most of the guys I go with rarely shower - even when they are home. LOL

02-Oct-06
I've hunted with Darrell twice, he's a VERY nice guy that runs a good camp. You should have no problem with your bear hunt with him!

04-Oct-06
Thanks GB. I talked with him on the phone tonight. I was impressed.

12-Oct-06
ttt

05-Dec-06
ttt

05-Dec-06
Where is he out of??

06-Dec-06

Ibow's Link
Here's a link to his site.

http://www.mts.net/~dushanek/index.html

14-Mar-07
Any more comments?

17-Mar-07
i know a guys who's been with him 4-5 times and says that each time it gets worse and worse. he says the personal/friendly touch is gone, more of an assembly line. he is now looking elsewhere for this fall. i've never used him myself, just telling you what i was told.

17-Mar-07
Did your friend always hunt the fall? How was the hunting in particular? (# of bears and color phase, etc) Has that gotten worse as well?

Like most, I can put up with a lot if the hunting is good. But if losing that "personal touch" is code for the hunting is not what it has been, well ... 8~)

Thanks for the post. You can PM me or email me if you'd prefer ... [email protected]

17-Mar-07
they have always seemed to get bear, not big ones, but some of the personal touches he used to do that hooked the group have gone by the wayside. his exact quote was "it feels like he's running an assembly line". "getting as many hunters through camp as possible". in my opinion, when this is happening, as a guide you don't have time to do the little things. just a thought.

17-Mar-07
sorry didn't answer all your questions. i've only seen them bring home one color phase. sighting were regular and they have always gone in the fall season.

17-Mar-07
Thanks Jeff ... it's a long ways from Michigan to Manitoba. 8~)

25-Jul-17
I went about 5 years ago. It was a tent camp, everyone seen a lot of bears. There were quite a few nice bears killed. I think there was 14 in camp all together, all killed and there were 6 color phase shot. Cinnamon, Chocolate and Blonde. Some of the color phase are smaller bears, I had seen a smaller chocolate I passed on. 2 years later I w3as supposed to go again but started a new job and didn't get to go, but my buddies still went and pulled a camper up there to stay in. They all killed again, with my Buddy killing a 386# 20 7/8" blackie the last day and he nicked it the night before and they looked for it the next day and it was getting late so the guide told him wasn't enough time to go somewhere else. So he got back in tree there and 15 minutes after guide left the big bear came back in. What luck... Darrells you will see bears and definitely different colors. It is kind of primitive with the tents and such, but the hunting is good.

Also we hunted in the Spring. His Spring area is different than the fall. The fall is up at the Pas and the spring is by Swan River.

• Sitka Gear