Sitka Gear
Treestand Transport System -Anyone used?
Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
dustyvarmint 30-Sep-08
osiris 30-Sep-08
BluegrassHammer 30-Sep-08
kyhunter 30-Sep-08
dustyvarmint 01-Oct-08
BluegrassHammer 01-Oct-08
dustyvarmint 01-Oct-08
FlatbowMB 01-Oct-08
BluegrassHammer 01-Oct-08
dustyvarmint 01-Oct-08
FlatbowMB 01-Oct-08
kyhunter 01-Oct-08
30-Sep-08
Looking for feedback from anyone who has used Game Plan Gear's Treestand Transport System. I checked out Cabela's reviews, but there were only a couple.

thanks, dv

30-Sep-08
Check out the Rigg Itt pack system from Blacks Creek Guide Gear. It's a modular pack system , which you can add a variety of accessories to including a treestand holder. www.blacks-creek.com

30-Sep-08
I would buy a backpack, such as the 2200 by Badlands or similar to use. Much more functionality than this product.

30-Sep-08
I use my x-large portage back from my canoe trips.

01-Oct-08
Appreciate all the help - please keep it coming.

kyhunter, any particular brands or websites I can check out?

dv

01-Oct-08
kyhunter, that sounds like a Duluth Pack?

01-Oct-08
BluegrassHammer,

I was checking out the 2200 - How would you or how do you attach the stand?

That Rigg-It system is pretty cool osiris.

thanks, dv

01-Oct-08

FlatbowMB's Link
The Rigg-It system is far better built and designed than the Badlands 2200. I bought a Rigg-It pack a few weeks ago and am very impressed so far.

If money is no object, have a look at the Kifaru platforms (such as the Omniyoke) & packs.

01-Oct-08
The Rigg-It system does look nice, and Blacks Creek makes awesome gear, I've just never used it. With the 2200, I just strap a LW climber to the back, with the pack filled with gear and go. You use the straps already on the pack to do it.

01-Oct-08
Yeah, that Kifaru Omniyoke is pretty darn cool. Seems like when you get into these types of items that you expand into the ability to strap on a blind instead of a tree stand, also?

dv

01-Oct-08
dusty varmint,

You'd have no trouble whatsoever strapping a 20 lb DB ground blind & 2 folding stools to either the Kifaru Omniyoke or the Black's Creek Rigg-It. Both will hold it securely and leave you with additional attachment points for lots of other gear.

01-Oct-08
Yes it is a Duluth Pack. I always look for multi-purpose gear.

• Sitka Gear