MNRazorhead 26-Jan-18
wkochevar 26-Jan-18
Buffalo1 26-Jan-18
Sixby 26-Jan-18
t-roy 27-Jan-18
16-Dec-10

bigbucker's embedded Photo
I bought this release about 50 years ago. It is very dense molded plastic. It would be scary shooting with it, but I think it would have some historic value. Has anyone seen anything like it?

16-Dec-10
Looks like one of the rubber band guns my kid has....

16-Dec-10
Only the second one I have seen. What a great piece of archery history! Have no idea who made it or what it was called but way cool. Is it for sale?

17-Dec-10

I wouldn't have any idea of what it would be worth. I remember shooting my first bow with it. The bow was a solid fiberglass green bow. I would sell it. Should I order the Porsche yet?

17-Dec-10
That thing should be in the Fred Bear Museum !

17-Dec-10
Bigbucker, any markings on it? Any idea who made it or when? ... other than the 50 years ago thing ...

17-Dec-10
There is nothing stamped into the plastic and no markings of any kind. No made in the USA or anything.

17-Dec-10
A while back I was looking through some stuff my dad had in his stockpile of hunting stuff we have since moved away from using (but he still has a ton of it), and I came across our "Pro-Injector" releases we used back when we first started bowhunting around 1984 or so.

The nocks used to wear out the top plastic and we went through a few of them.

24-Jan-18

grizz48's embedded Photo
Vintage Pro-Injector bow release
grizz48's embedded Photo
Vintage Pro-Injector bow release
grizz48's embedded Photo
Lewis & Lewis sticker
grizz48's embedded Photo
Lewis & Lewis sticker
I have a Vintage Pro-Injector Lewis & Lewis bow release that I would like to get an estimate of value to a collector. Any ideas?

25-Jan-18
It would be great if you guys would consider donating these to the Pope and Young museum! They'd be great additions to their collection!

25-Jan-18
The pro injector release my buddy still uses, loves it. In fact I found two new ones for him and he was overjoyed lol.

25-Jan-18
P. S. Value of your release, well I paid 5 dollars new from an archery shop.

25-Jan-18
The pro injector release my buddy still uses, loves it. In fact I found two new ones for him and he was overjoyed lol.

25-Jan-18
I have a release that is almost 74-years old and still works quite well.

25-Jan-18
Bowriter - I was wondering if you could post a photo of that 74 year old release and possibly provide a name or further information. This is a unique historical item, worth knowing more about. Unusual that it would have been made during WWII when most raw materials in US went towards the war effort and (compared to today) few resources or raw materials were allocated to recreational activities. Hope you can show pic & provide more info., in advance, thanks.

25-Jan-18
The Pro-Injector Release (mentioned above) was made in central WI in the 1980s and became a very popular hunting release in this state. The WI Bowhunting museum has a display of the three different models which were manufactured.

25-Jan-18
Yea they even made one with wood grain highlights , looked like the old dodge wagon with wood siding. lol

25-Jan-18
"Bowriter - I was wondering if you could post a photo of that 74 year old release"

I think you're going to get a picture of John's fingers.

25-Jan-18
Midwest - you may very well be right! Didn't think of that when I posted the above, I should have! We'll see..... Whatever, gotta run today with a sense of humor.

25-Jan-18
The photo doesn't show anything for me but based on the description I would guess it is a rope spike. They work on the same principal of the modern hinge releases.

25-Jan-18
Hope he photos all three and not just one...:)

25-Jan-18

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
I just looked through my junk box, but couldn’t find my old Failsafe Hunter release that I used when I first started in the early 80s. Looked like this, only cleaner.

25-Jan-18

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
I did, however, find my rangefinder in the box. Batteries were still good, too!

25-Jan-18
We use those old rangefinders to simulate drunk driving in drivers ed class.

25-Jan-18
I got a couple Ben Pearson swivel-head releases from the mid-'80s that are adjustable from thumb trigger to pinky trigger.

-Joe

25-Jan-18

Swampbuck's embedded Photo
S&K Mfg. I think it was called Comanchero ll, but Browning made one just like it. Wouldn’t use it now. Don’t know why I still have it. But then again, I still have the Martin Cheetah Dynabo I tried it with.

25-Jan-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Busted myself in the chops a couple times with this one....early 80's.

26-Jan-18
anyone remember or have a picture of a release called a strap tab? that was one of the first i used late 70s into early 80s.

26-Jan-18
t-rov is that one of the JDA models?

Darrall Dougherty

26-Jan-18
Swampbuck, I had one of those! It was my first and last attempt to use a release. Never did get comfortable with it.

26-Jan-18
I still have that old rangefinder as well somewhere....it really did mess with your eyes trying to bring it all into focus...LOL

26-Jan-18
Several years ago I donated a complete set of the generations of the Ranging rangefinders to the P&Y Museum. An important part of bowhunting history today. Think how range finding has changed since conception.

26-Jan-18
Cool, About 50 years ago I made a release out of a piece of antler tip and a rope . Drilled a hole about halfway up the tip to loop the rope through and filed a groove with a small chain saw file out toward the tip. just loop around the bow string under the arrow , put the loop in the groove and your thumb over it. To shoot just relax the thumb. Worked great.

God bless, Steve

27-Jan-18
darrelld......I’m not sure, but I don’t think so. No stamps or markings on it other than the brand name.

• Sitka Gear