4406v 17-Oct-17
deerhunter72 17-Oct-17
Paul@thefort 17-Oct-17
CurveBow 17-Oct-17
Glunt@work 18-Oct-17
4406v 18-Oct-17
kellyharris 18-Oct-17
14-Jan-11
there hang on tree stends were top of the line.i had 2. 1was stolen and 1 broke after 15 year's.they were light,easy to set,and had big plate forms.then just dissapererd?

14-Jan-11
I think someone sneezed and they were gone, or did you mean "loggy" bayou? Just kidding, they still have a website.

14-Jan-11
sorry i'm a bowhunter not a english mager.lol.

14-Jan-11
I fished there once in Louisiana. Seemed like everybody was spittin' in the water.... :~)

They made good stuff, but seems like they got "out-marketed" and outspent when the big money started flowing into bowhunting. Don't know anything about them; just speculating.

14-Jan-11
http://www.loggybayou.com/

They're still around, I guess they just don't market as much as some of the other manufacturers out there today.

14-Jan-11
I believe a lawsuit may have taken them off at the knees. I'm not sure about that.

Many years ago I did a magazine article on them. Nice plant and nice folks.

15-Jan-11
I'm still using my climber I bought in '97. I really like that stand. It packs flat, light, pretty quiet....at least to me. And when the over center buckle is locked down, solid as a rock.

15-Jan-11
I still use my original loggy lite after 17 years. I bought another, the XL, a couple years back. Very solid. I'll never use another.

15-Jan-11
the new ones dont look anything like the old ones.(we dont cut conners)was there moto.now the cables go right back to the seat.i always like the x-tra room.

15-Jan-11
I used to have one and the pin sheared on the bottom stand that held the band in place.

Luckily I was only up in the tree about 3 feet!

15-Jan-11
Ive looked and looked and cant find any dealers anywhere. Would love to have another climber...

16-Jan-11
A great stand. I've tried every climber there is. Nothing beats a Loggy Bayou!

16-Jan-11
The only problem i had was that the climbing aid made a little noise. i guess after 10 years, thats not to bad..

16-Jan-11
like bowriter posted, i too remember hearing there was a successful law suit brought against them. i don't know the details though, and also recall hearing they essentially went out of business but someone started it back up again??

16-Jan-11
Looking for parts for my climber. The rubber strips need replaced. Every year I look for a new stand but can't find anything better then the loggy. One piece stand and seat and light.

17-Jan-11
Check eBay. Now and then Loggy stnads show up for sale. I've bought a couple of Cheap Seats (small & light strap on design) over the eyars. I have 2 climbers that my son & I use W/O the hand climber. I have a hand climber but have never liked it at all. Just hug the tree & inch my way up...

Love them because they're very packable (flat) and light. When I look at catalogs of new stands, I think the manufacturers must think that everyone uses ATV's....

>>>>-------------->

17-Jan-11
Every stand on their site says "out of stock"

17-Jan-11
I've been trying to get a new safety harness from them for over 3 years. Getting nothing but run around like, we'll have them in this week, or they're on back order, or we just moved and can't find anything yet.

17-Jan-11
I love my loggy transformer harness....sad day when I replace that.

17-Jan-11
I second their harness...absolutely love mine. Lightweight, easy to use.

17-Jan-11
I ordered a couple of seat replacements last summer, it took a little while but I got them. I think they are just doing replacement parts now, looks like Muddy Outdoors is selling replicas of their stands, I have some of each and their isn't much difference, the Muddy stands have a little better hardware. Don't know about the climbers, just the hang ons.

17-Jan-11

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Here is a photo of a one wheeled game cart called the Mule I purchased in 1989, that they use to make. THe orginal is in the back and the reproduction one in the front is one I duplicated. Still rolling along.

I still have a light weight alum, climbing/strap-on stand that I still use from the mid 1980s..

17-Jan-11
I loved my Loggy until I developed back trouble and the weight was a bit too much to lug around. I still have it but I'm thinking of selling it. It is still one of the most comfortable and solid stands I've ever used.

Tom

18-Jan-11
The one I did have had the steel band that went around the tree, and yes if not properly attached, it could slip. Over the years the band started to rust and I was concerned about the strength of the band.

I contacted the company when they were advertising their new stands that had the rubberized cables to see if they had a converson kit. They did not.

I can still use the stand as a lock on by using two rachet straps to attach it to the tree from the set posts. Works great that way. Paul

15-Oct-17
HEY I just got an old loggy from a friend...its from the 90s loggy lite....SHOULD I replace the "pins" with case hardened bolts and wing nuts? don't like the idea of pins ?? they could shear, as someone said above, any ideas?

15-Oct-17
I have 2 ( old and newer version) would entertain selling both.

15-Oct-17
Good stand, little noisy climbing and not worth a crap going up a wet tree.

15-Oct-17
Still remember the video instructions it stated don't use on wet or slick pine trees LOL

15-Oct-17
Was it Ben Rogers Lee who endorced at the time? I think that was a turning point for climbers.

15-Oct-17
I have a Loggy that I bought in '97 and still use. It's light, packs flat, quiet enough if you take your time. I've climbed down with deer feeding 50 yards away and never disturbed them. And the main, absolute main point, when the over center buckle is locked down, that stand is stable, rock solid stable. Summit, Lone Wolf.... none are a rock solid when locked down.

Climbing smooth bark or wet trees? Well, I wouldn't use ANY climber on those.

15-Oct-17
They were some quality product stands. Hated to see them fold. They just didn't seem to have a good enough hand to stay in the game.

15-Oct-17
I have 3, the move of death as I called having to step over the seat as you pulled it into place, was a little nerve racking. But once in place solid.

15-Oct-17
I have two of the climber stands and, I had three of the loc on's. I can think the good ole boys of southern WV for relieving me of the three loc on's. I like 'em. With the climbing aid, they climb very quietly. Also, they made a spur set that went on the belt and, in the two aluminum tube trusses, that made them bite onto the tree better than any other I have used. If it was a soft tree, it was hard to get the stand loose when climbing. I never had one slip with that spur set.

They are light, compact, and do the job well. And as said above, no stand ever made locks down as sturdy as they do. God Bless

15-Oct-17
First climber I ever bought it loved using it. LOL Yeah "the step of death" I face planted a few times come home and my wife would swear I stopped at the bar and got in a fight lol Getting to crippled up too do any climbing anymore blinds and ladder stands for me.

16-Oct-17
My first climber, it was purchased in 1999 or 2000. It had the spikes that dug in. Great design, man could you crank that thing tight to the tree with the overcenter buckle. So tight 12 year old me thought he was going to get stuck in a tree a few days with freezing hands, but here I am so eventually I got down.

Gave it to a friend to get him started in hunting which I came to regret as I've since lost touch with the guy. Since, I've inherited my grandpap's but it has the old design with rubber bumpers that will slide you right down the tree, and it needs a new band.

I've always said if Loggy (folding seat/separate climbing aid), Summit (superior cable design and teeth that grip tree) and Lone Wolf (cast platform) ever had a lovechild it would be the ultimate climbing treestand, bar none. As is, each has their quirks and benefits.

16-Oct-17
There's one for sale Pittsburgh Craigslist

16-Oct-17
I bought one new back in the late 90s...I used it one day. Nice stand but a climber just isn't my thing. Its like new. I may hang as a lock-on. I have the climbing aide too.

17-Oct-17
I can't believe so many people love this stand! I bought one used for my first climber. Tempest has it right- "THE MOVE OF DEATH"- I almost killed myself so many times I can't count! : ( And the hand climber was a PITA- always would get wedged on the tree and would jam the pins making it impossible to take off. But I'm cheap, so I grudgingly used that thing for years. Then one year I tried my brother-in-law's Summit and never looked back. Went out the next day and bought one. Ended up giving the Loggy to some jerk in town that used to try to find out where I was hunting instead of doing his own homework. He ended up getting his leg caught in it and messed himself up bad. Don't have to worry about him tailing me now! ;-)

17-Oct-17
Since they started making their stands in CHINA maybe their Chinese whitetail hunters are buying all of their stands!!! LOL

17-Oct-17
Still have one and still use it about once a year. I do prefer the summit climbers. Not nearly as noisey.

17-Oct-17
I now use mine as a strap on tree stand and then ratchet it tight. It will be in my truck when I head for Nebraska next week.

17-Oct-17
I still have my Loggy climber and will not get rid of it! Yes, I have slid on a hard maple tree that was wet, but that was before the spikes that fir into the frame and the spurs on the rubber band. Most new climbers are monstrosities and weigh way too much. I have carried mine well over a mile, mostly uphill (both ways! :) ) many times over the years.

I agree that the seat/hand climber was junk right out of the box. It worked differently and did not use a band like the climber did. I also put sticky backed fleece strips on my band to quiet it during use. It helped.

18-Oct-17
As a young man attending the archery trade shows in the 90s, I always made sure to stop at their booth. Loggy was known for scenic staffing choices.

18-Oct-17
I actually rattled a buck in and killed it with my Loggy!!! I was trying to climb as quiet as my camera man just did with his Summit. I was taking my time trying my best to be quiet. But every time I lifted the stand click, click, click the band was hitting the stand. I no sooner got locked on grabbed my bow and here come a nice 8 point. My shot was a little back so we backed out , went home and watched the video over and over to see what to do. After watching 1/2 dozen times we realized I actually "rattled" the buck in. I have the video to prove it!!!

18-Oct-17
I Had one break on me the little pin was only aluminum and as I was climbing the tree luckily only about 4 feet off the ground the pain sheared off that’s how I found out it was made of aluminum and I didn’t even fix it I just threw it away

• Sitka Gear