Sapcut 22-Sep-11
Sapcut 23-Sep-11
Sapcut 23-Sep-11
powder 23-Sep-11
bowriter 23-Sep-11
21-Sep-11

Sapcut's embedded Photo
Sapcut's embedded Photo
Just got my tuffheads. Although I haven't put it in an animal, this broadheads sure look like a beast of a weapon. Straight out of the package these cats cut my finger by accident and shaved hair from my arm on purpose.

Initially they don't feel too sharp but they easily shaved anyway. I think it is because the edges are so smooth. I put a few strokes on one with a ceramic stick and now it is sticky and really dangerously sharp.

21-Sep-11
wow. It looks like a steak knife

21-Sep-11
Looks like a nice spear. Speared anything with 'em yet?

21-Sep-11
Just got the Tuffhead broadheads today. I have a feeling that with it being the leading end of an 850 grain arrow, it will not be fond of stopping.

22-Sep-11
850 for elk? ???? Elk are tough but they aren't buffalo.

Single bevel, just a wild guess, a trad rig?

Hope your close, that's gonna be a rainbow..... or is there something we're not being let in on? LOL!

Either way it looks... um.... tuff....

22-Sep-11
71@31. No rainbow.

22-Sep-11
You going to shoot for the shoulder blade just for fun to see what it can do ;). I was looking at their website a few days ago and will try them if I get the chance to hunt something big.

22-Sep-11
Gaur,

No not really but I have lots of confidence regardless of where the arrow should hit.

22-Sep-11
That is one well built broadhead. Sapcut: what is your effective range?

22-Sep-11
Dang!

22-Sep-11
Seminole,

It sure seems to be bomb proof.

Killed a bull a few years ago at 25 yards. Feel very confident out to 30+ yards. However, I am not ranging or estimating yardage at the moment of truth.

22-Sep-11
I am with you Sapcut. Nice setup!

22-Sep-11
pretty cool. Like the double footed arrow too. Must have some pretty high FOC in addition to the overall weight.

I shoot 700 gr arrows out of my compound, but your arrow makes mine look like a feather weight small game arrow.

22-Sep-11
I was just messing with you sapcut. Nice looking set up for big game.

22-Sep-11
NM....all my arrows are 33-35% FOC. There are so many advantages to high FOC arrows, I never leave without it.

23-Sep-11

Sapcut's embedded Photo
Sapcut's embedded Photo
Hopefully not to wear out my welcome on this topic but for those interested....

The photo shows how the external footings are placed to maximize structural integrity of the arrows business end as well as weight management of the arrow.

The 100 gr. brass insert is in yellow and the 180 gr. broadhead adapter is red.

The inner footing sits right behind the lip of the insert preventing it from moving back, mushrooming the carbon shaft. The outer footing fits over the inner footing, over the insert and over the adapter. This creates a strong aluminum sleeve over the weakest point where the adapter and insert meet.

As the research as shown, penetration is immediately compromised upon the failure of the arrow to stay structurally intact.

Now of course I'm only speaking of big resistance hits...not boiler room shots that do not require much more than a field point.

23-Sep-11
NM,

Shooting a 700 gr. arrow with a compound is sick.

That much killability shouldn't be street legal!!

23-Sep-11
Love me them heavy set ups...

23-Sep-11
May be a silly question but how does it fly?

• Sitka Gear