Clean shot -Spot on Lock and Load insert
Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
Bowslinger 05-Oct-12
Russ Koon 05-Oct-12
Clean-Shot1 22-Aug-14
Mo/Ark 23-Aug-14
05-Oct-12
Has anyone tried these? You can find them on u tube.

05-Oct-12
Had not heard of them before now.

In my opinion, based on absolutely zero experience or first hand accounts.....appears to the same principle used by the GoldTip nocks of several years ago, which were usually just thrown away and replaced by most experienced buyers after a while, until GT finally dropped them. IIRC, they tended to lead to cracking in the shafts on the nock end, possibly due to overtightening more than a design flaw.

But on the pointy end of the arrow, in order to resist being pulled out when being retrieved from some targets such as excelsior bales, older "stiff" foam targets, etc., I would think they would have to be tightened much more than on the nock end,and would end up with the same problems.

As I say, that's based on zero experience with this actual product, and could be completely wrong. If it is, the product would appear to be a good idea in all other respects.

Personally, I prefer the longest Easton inserts installed with Superglue. A good slip fit into the shaft, pre-cleaned with alcohol, gives me an excellent and instant bond. No post-installation indexing, but I've never found that to be an advantage anyway, in a well-tuned setup. And re-using the inserts isn't a problem, either. Removing one without damaging the shaft can be tricky but is possible with careful use of heat.

22-Aug-14
Actually, the Lock-n-Load inserts have a built in stop point to prevent the end user from over tightening them. These are very high quality parts with tight tolerances. I think once you try them, and realize that you don't have to glue them and wait 24 hours to shoot them and the fact that they are always centered in the shaft - you will love them.

LB

23-Aug-14
I used them last year with great success. I really want to keep using them, but I am working on high FOC and they do not accept weights. They are stupid simple and amazingly effective. If they ever come up with one that accepts weights I will never glue another insert again.

• Sitka Gear