Bowsite.com on Facebook
  • Deerbuilder Food Plot Website
  • Trail Cam Photos
  • Bowsite.com Elk Section
  • Mathews Solocam
Summit Treestands Mathews Solocam Carbon Express Arrows Moultrie Game Cameras Sitka Gear LaCrosee Footwear 3RiversArchery
Whitetail Deer Section Elk Section Black, Brown, & Polar Bear Section Moose Section Mule Deer Section Sheep Section Bowfishing Section Mountain Goat Section Pronghorn Section Mountain Lion Section Wild Turkey Section Caribou Section Hogs & Exotics Section Small Game Forum Africa Section Food Plots on DeerBuilder.com Bowhunting / Archery Equipment

late season decoy

PRINTABLE VERSION

EMAIL TO A FRIEND

Messages posted to thread:
Mike in Mo. 20-Dec-12
archery95 20-Dec-12
Foodplot 21-Dec-12
Kicker Point 21-Dec-12
Ty 22-Dec-12
Mike in Mo. 22-Dec-12
Videos

nov 22 mass 8 point
by arlow65

Kickerpoint's 2014 Buck kill video
by Kicker Point

bigfoot
by XBowHunter

MA 6pt
by HOOF HANGER

Put Your Video Clip Here!

I have never used a decoy in the late season, I have one question, thought I would run it through here for some info.

I have one question, should I leave the horns on the decoy or take them off, I am looking for a good buck only.

Thanks and good hunting Mike in MO.

I personally wouldn't waste the time to carry a decoy in late season. It is all about food in the midwest now. Find a preferred food source and you will find deer.

I have used them in late season and have good luck.Use a buck only decoy.

They can work good in late season. Yes, food is key, but sometimes it's hard to set up where they're coming out. A decoy on the field edge can get some curious visitors.

Just curious why you said to use a buck decoy only; I would think a doe would have worked better. I have never tried anything but bait in late season so wouldn't know.

I know pretty much where the deer are coming out into the field, problem this time of the year, I will stand out like a sore thumb anywhere I set up near the field.

I was hoping to distract the deer from looking up and keep thier attention low, not sure if horns will help or it slick head is better.

Thanks for the info and good huntin Mike in Mo.

Reply to Thread

Subject: RE: late season decoy

You are not registered - please click here to register now.

Copyright © 1996-2013 Bowsite.com
No duplication without expressed written consent of the author and Bowsite.com.

Privacy and Registration Policy