brettpsu 19-Jan-15
brettpsu 19-Jan-15
brettpsu 19-Jan-15
brettpsu 19-Jan-15
huntmaster 22-Jan-15
03-Apr-13

TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
This post is all about thanks, thanks to Jack and Lloyd getting back to me during the show season and talking in great length about doing this hunt and scheduling it so far away. Thanks to Babine and the DVD showing some of the great hunts Bowsiter's had with them.

Thanks to Jersey John for returning my calls and solidifying my decision to do this hunt.

Lastly, everyone who posted on my " What does it take thread".

Experiencing the high country in Idaho this year has me hooked. I admit, I'm a novice, no expert, but I'll be ready. The goat photo goes on the gym wall tonite.

Oh, there will be many more questions and plenty of time to prepare, but that's half the fun.

Thank you all.

03-Apr-13
Good luck way to go in making the commitment

03-Apr-13
Congrats! I'm heading up to Alaska this Oct to chase goats myself.

03-Apr-13
A short 40 months to go:) Enjoy the preparation. It is at least as much fun as the hunt!

03-Apr-13
Good luck!

03-Apr-13
Awesome...You will have an incredible experience. I am going back for the second time next October. (2014)

03-Apr-13
Yea I put a goat photo on my wall for motivation too, after I ate tag soup I ripped it down and stomped on it and threw it in the trash! Hahaha, then the next week I started trying to find another goat hunt... Mike

03-Apr-13
Congrats! You won't regret it- simply hunting them is an accomplishment, as is the dedication and prep to get there. I have no doubt you'll be ready:)

03-Apr-13
Congrats on booking your hunt with Babine. I'm going with them late August of 2014 and it can't come fast enough! Ive spent some time on the phone with Jack and he seems first class . I've also spoken with 5 or 6 bowsiters that all spoke VERY highly of them.

04-Apr-13

steff's embedded Photo
steff's embedded Photo
Jack and Lloyd are great guys! They've got an excellent area. Bowsiter's have done well there. I've got some great memories from my time there, and remember it each time i look at this guy. You're in for an awesome experience!

04-Apr-13

brettpsu's embedded Photo
Congrats, you will have a great time. Just a little eye candy from my Babine hunt.

04-Apr-13

Jack glassing. Pretty sure Pat has the exact same pic of Jack when he was on his hunt.

04-Apr-13

Blue skies and 80 degrees..."typical" British Columbia weather.

04-Apr-13
Goodluck TSW.

that must be an old goat, he does the "comb-over"

Bill V.

04-Apr-13
Good luck your going to have a great time!

04-Apr-13
Bill V , funny stuff right there!

Inspired by Bowsite !

04-Apr-13
Jealous. Would they take bookings for 2021? (my retirement date and the time it would take me to save up!)

Good Luck!

04-Apr-13
Congrats!!! I am jealous as well. I have talked to Jack and Lloyd in the past, and want to go there in the worst way for goats. I just haven't found the money tree......yet. :) Good luck getting sleep for the next 3 years.

OFFHNTN

04-Apr-13
flinger and OFFHNTN, I agree! I'll be busting my but both ways to go on this hunt for sure.

04-Apr-13

kota-man's embedded Photo
2012...I hunted right after Brett and the same time as JJ...Yeah...good luck sleeping the next 3 years!

04-Apr-13
Awesome Rich! Congratulations! The hard part is over...the best part is all in front of you! Mike

04-Apr-13

jerseyjohn's embedded Photo
jerseyjohn's embedded Photo
Rich, This hunt was an unbelievable experience. I have thought back to the excitement pre hunt, and post! Fishing was just a blast with Kota-man! Go to the secret rainbow spot! Goat hunting...... I was amazed at the strength and stamina that Lloyd displayed! You will be in great hands with Jack or Lloyd! I was! The edge of the steep cliffs had me nervous and Lloyd assured me the rocks been there for many years and were not going anywhere. Big goats, lots of them and great guides put the odds on your side. Do yourself one thing... Don't quit! Slow and steady to the top and you will be goat hunting! JJ

05-Apr-13

Goat Guide's Link
Nice to see all this excitement, the popularity of the goat hunts have exploded and the only reason I had this opening was because of a goat count that showed more goats than expected which got me another permit. I think our efforts in trapping wolves are sterting to show. JJ's goat above was #1 at the Northwest Guide Banquite. Jack

05-Apr-13
Kota & JJ , thank guys, I hear you.

06-Apr-13
Wright on!

I have stayed away from posting on your "What it takes thread" while enjoying everyone's input. Congrats Rich that you booked this! I'm glad that you made the commitment! We will talk a lot about this between now and 2016.

Remember my "20 years from now conversation comment"? 2016 is a better choice than 2033!

06-Apr-13
Treestandwolf I hunted with Babine in 2011. Pm me your number if you wanted to discuss the hunt. you will have a great hunt!

06-Apr-13
Thanks again cuz! Lonnie will do.

06-Apr-13
Just remember Chris can get you set up on a 2015 Dall hunt before your 2016 goat hunt...sort of look at it like it's a great prep before the goat hunt...Do you need me to help you selling that idea to your wife? :)

06-Apr-13
I think so Ron, I think so .

06-Apr-13
best of luck !!

07-Apr-13
Congratulations on committing. And good luck on your hunt..

17-Sep-13

Goat Guide's embedded Photo

Goat Guide's Link
I had to share my son (Grant) first big game animal that he took last week after getting his hunter number and being lucky enough to get a goat draw. It was special also because the family all walked up the mountain for the hunt. It had very light horns with ivory like tips and light colored feet which I had not seen before. Jack

17-Sep-13
Beautiful goat Jack. Tell your son congrats on his first big game animal, what a great way to start off his hunting career. It's a Lil less than a year away from my goat hunt with y'all. It can't come fast enough for sure! I will be calling you after this winter to discuss more of the details for this hunt. Thanks for posting a pic of his goat.

17-Sep-13
Beautiful Goat Grant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JJ

17-Sep-13
Nice!!

17-Sep-13
Way to go Grant!

17-Sep-13
Nice Goat Grant! One more year to go for my SECOND goat hunt with Babine...Can't wait...

17-Sep-13
Congrats Grant. I saw your pictures on Facebook last week.

18-Sep-13

XbowfromNY's Link
Good Luck. I never hunted with Babine, but heard only great things. My Dad shot 2 beautiful black wolves while hunting with Babine a few years ago. Both scored very high in British Columbia record books.

19-Sep-13
Good Job Grant!

09-Aug-14
Who else is booked here from the bowsite

11-Aug-14
I'm going back in 2015.

11-Aug-14
How long ago did you book this?? I was going to book a goat hunt and they told me they were booked through 2017.. This was a year ago

11-Aug-14
I will be there on 20th of this month!

12-Aug-14
I rebooked with them in 2012. I would get on the waiting list in case of a cancellation.

12-Aug-14
The are booking FOR 2017 at the moment

12-Aug-14

Never to early to get ready.. hiking the A.T. with Ridgerunneron.

12-Aug-14
Best of luck Rich. It will be a long but fun couple years!

14-Aug-14

Grant and I just got off the mountain from taking Brody who is 11 years old on his first hunting trip. Brody is a great kid who comes fishing here nearly every weekend with his parents and wanted to try getting into hunting. He did a great rifle shot on this nice billy!

14-Aug-14
Congrats Brody!

Jack check your PM's

14-Aug-14
Awesome goat Jack! That pic will definitely help me sleep these last few days before I get there lol

20-Aug-14
updates anyone

20-Aug-14
I'm doing my second hunt with Babine in October. Will have a goat, moose, wolf and bear tag...Should be a great BC Safari.

I, like Brett, rebooked in 2012, and got one of the last spots for this year. They seem to always be 2-3 years out. Great outfit, with lots of goats.

16-Dec-14
Any more updates Rich? I'm booked for 2016 as well.

16-Dec-14

I had a great trip in October. Tons of goats. Didn't kill anything other than a goat, as we focused on a sole grizz after the goat hunt and came up empty.

16-Dec-14
Kota, What jacket did you use again? Yukon? I need a good rain jacket to take with me.

16-Dec-14
Yes, Yukon...The day I shot this goat it was raining all day. I left the softshell at home and used the Yukon for everything. It worked great.

16-Dec-14
Rich I have the perfect area to train for a goat hunt its along the Hudson river called breakneck ridge . If u are interested give me a shout !!

Any word on Johns family since his passing ?

16-Dec-14
Cool Thanks!

I have a Jetstream that I use deer hunting and it would work as my soft shell just fine. I never use one elk hunting, just a vest over my base. This will be my first time up in BC and I think I'm just going to buy a Yukon and take that along as my outer layer and be done with it.

18-Jan-15
Having just spent a week trapping with Lloyd and talking hunting, I'm booked for hunt in 2016 . Black bear and fishing too if I tag-out early.

18-Jan-15
Congrats Corey!

Headmaster, waiting it out. Tick, tick.

Lou, that will be great and since its awhile before I go, is like to check it out for this years hunts, I'm in when the weather breaks.

18-Jan-15
Russell that must have been fun, do you have any pics to share?

18-Jan-15
Still in Vancouver airport waiting to fly home. There's a few pics. See 2015 trapping thread.

18-Jan-15
"Hunting the archery only mountain. It's bow or nothing"

I've been in that zone a number of times over the last fifteen years. We've taken several goats and there are lot's. IMO you have better chance at taking an archery goat, in that area, than with a rifle in many other parts of BC.

If you get beat, it will be by your own legs or the weather, not lack of billies.

Good luck Russell. Whack a bear, save a moose[or several]

19-Jan-15
Good luck Russell , I killed my billy with them last August with a bow and no better place to get it done than with them!

19-Jan-15

I'll be there this year! Had some bow issues on my 1st trip and took one with Jacks rifle. This year will be with my new Black Widow. This is the bow only area you will be hunting.

19-Jan-15

19-Jan-15

The bow only range is very diverse.

19-Jan-15

22-Jan-15
Looks like we have back to back hunts Russell!

Brettpsu, those pics really get me going!

• Sitka Gear