GannettRidge 13-Jul-13
SouthernWyo 14-Jul-13
GannettRidge 14-Jul-13
Mt. man 14-Jul-13
13-Jul-13

GannettRidge 's embedded Photo

GannettRidge 's Link
Well I have had quite a few people asking me about this bow and since we received one yesterday we have been putting it through it's paces.

We will post a video review later but for now I have some photos and initial feed back.

And I know we all have our own opinions on archery equipment so I will try and keep opinions out of the mix and just give some info.

First the photos.

Bowsite Sponsor

13-Jul-13

GannettRidge 's Link

13-Jul-13

GannettRidge 's Link

13-Jul-13
The Bowtec I had seemed to be top heavy and didn't balance well. It had more bow above the grip than below. Shot faster than the Hoyt but didn't feel as good.

13-Jul-13
The Bowtec I had seemed to be top heavy and didn't balance well. It had more bow above the grip than below. Shot faster than the Hoyt but didn't feel as good.

13-Jul-13

13-Jul-13

GannettRidge 's Link
Well so far shooting this bow it does have some hand shock which is something that you would expect from such a lite bow that is shooting as fast as it is.

My current setup is 30 in draw 71.2 lbs 375 gr arrow and I am shooting 336 fps, so the IBO is certainly attainable.

The draw cycle on this bow is very manageable and nice to shoot especially considering the speeds it is shooting. Also with the 7in brace height and 31" axle to axle this bow is very forgiving to shoot.

Overall I think this is going to be a great bow for the backcountry western hunter. For the money (850.00) Bowtech has built a great bow that is quite a bit faster than any other Carbon riser bow for a fraction of the price.

If you are in the area drop by the shop and shoot one. Or if you have any other question or would like other pics please let me know.

Thanks,

Tyler Matthews

Gannett Ridge BowSite Sponsor

14-Jul-13
Tyler, do you have a retail store in Fort Collins or are you entirely internet based? Would be nice to stop by the next time we are down that way.

14-Jul-13

GannettRidge 's Link
No we have a full retail store at

264 N College Ave Fort Collins

Thanks! SoWy

Drop in

14-Jul-13
Shot it many times on Sat. At a local pro shop. I had no hand shock and really liked the bow. "Thumbs Up" from me.

12-Dec-13
Now that this bow has been out a couple months has anyone had any bowhunting experience with it? any kills from the fall?

Any likes or dislikes?

• Sitka Gear