maxracx 02-Oct-14
maxracx 02-Oct-14
bfisherman11 02-Oct-14
maxracx 02-Oct-14
greenmountain 02-Oct-14
David Alford 03-Oct-14
bfisherman11 03-Oct-14
27-Aug-13
I'm looking to get a new trail camera. What is the best bang for your buck? I have the moultrie l50 and it's nice just looking for 1-2 more others to try Thank you

27-Aug-13
For the money I like the Moultrie 880. I think you can get them for around $150. Great night range and just a good all around trail camera. The Moultrie 80xt is last years model should be cheaper and not much different from the 880.

27-Aug-13

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
My Bushnell 5mp is bullet proof...

27-Aug-13

KS Flatlander's Link
Check it out!

27-Aug-13
Moultrie 80 is really nice and under 90 bucks if you look for them.

27-Aug-13
Awesome thanks Cabelas ran a special on the 150 degree new moultrie Anyone have an opinion on those? I got it for $169 haven't used it yet though

27-Aug-13
BUSHNELL!

27-Aug-13
no question about it - if you want the BEST go with a Recoynx. If you want a good camera for a lot less money go with a bushnell.

27-Aug-13
My dad has 2 Bushnell trophy cams (5mp)...they are great

I recently bought 3 moultrie m60s from cabelas for 99 each.....they have been really good too

28-Aug-13
which one of those discussed above has black leds? Also, what is the battery usage. I got some wildgame innovations for cheap that work fine, but they EAT batteries.

28-Aug-13
The Bushnell HD max has the black led's. Moultrie m990 has black led's also.

28-Aug-13
I don't have a Recoynx so I have a question. What is so great about them that makes some rave about them so much? The night pics I have seen from them are usually blurry and from what it looks like, not any better than a $100 camera. Just curious, what am I missing?

28-Aug-13
I like the company that Bushnell blatantly ripped off, Covert.

Great cams, great prices, great customer service. Can't ask for more.

I would never fork out for a reconyx because my cams disappear far too frequently.

28-Aug-13
Primos Truth cam 35 gave me some of the best pics I have seen from a game cam yet. I have a two other brands but the ones from that cam seemed to be really good. Bob.

29-Aug-13
As far as black flash, Covert Black 60 is outstanding. Covert MP6 black, Moultrie i990 and Bushnell HDMax are excellent. Customer service--Covert, A. Bushnell C+ and Moultrie C. With that said, if you want to spend 500+ Reconyx is tops.

29-Aug-13
I'm loving my Moultrie M-880,got it new on eBay for $125, shipped to my house. Great pics and great video. I'm sure the more money you spend, the better the quality. But read the trail cam reviews, just google it and read for yourself.

29-Aug-13
Used moultries for a long time, no problems. Switched to primos cams last year. The 35s and 46s work great. I Prefer the 35, simpler to use. Decent trigger with good pic. More interested in what is that, not what the background looks like anyway.

29-Aug-13
I went to cabelas a bought a primos x blackout and a moultrie d-333 Both 7mp both $63. Originally the primos was $299 and the moultrie $100 Question for the experts- did I get good deals? Thanks guys

29-Aug-13

VaUplandHunter's DeerBuilder embedded Photo

I have experience with Bushnell over the years and for the first time Moultrie this year. I must admit that the Bushnell provide better quality pictures during the day on 5mp than the 8mp setting. The Bushnell pictures are better than the Moultrie but Moultrie is not bad for the money. The biggest negative I can think of with the Moultrie is that Bushnell reaches much further out and will capture deer further away than the Moultrie. Given two on a table and asked to pick the one I want to keep... Bushnell. This is a photo fromthe Bushnell. Save it and enlarge it to see the crispness of the picture. Looks like a 600.00 Reconyx picture to me!

29-Aug-13
Check out chasinggame.com. all the info you need there.

30-Aug-13
Love my M80XT's

30-Aug-13
I like my Reconyx, and the ones the landowner bought even more as they are expensive. Cameras have all gotten a lot better and there is much less gap between any of them. They can all give fits, but I have had virtually no problems with the Reconyx. https://picasaweb.google.com/115516601528181241557/BuckBreeding02?authkey=Gv1sRgCKj16b2_8tqCTQ

30-Aug-13

weekender21's embedded Photo
weekender21's embedded Photo
I've tried quite a few, Covert are great cameras and wont break the bank. Excellent customer service too. They have several models, I've been using the MP6 with good results.

30-Aug-13

DeerHunter2000's embedded Photo
I love cuddeback. It has great clear images and is in the middle in pricing.

30-Aug-13

I love cuddeback. It has great clear images and is in the middle in pricing.

30-Aug-13
For me the reason the Reconyx cameras are so good is that they are dependable. I agree that the actual picture isn't a lot better than any other camera. I used to run Wildgame Innovations IR4 cameras, I loved them.....for 2 years until I had 12 of them stop working. I finally decided I'd take the plunge and spend the bucks for a Reconyx - at this point I think it was a good move. I've literally had them in the woods non-stop since I bought them and I don't think they've missed a single animal that has come in front of the camera. You only get pictures of animals. You don't get the 1,000 pictures of grass blowing on a warm day like some of the cheaper cameras. I'd say I can get 10,000 or more images on a single set of charged Tenergy Ni-MH batteries and with the settings I use (1 picture setting with 30 second delay) that will last for a few months no problem. Weather doesn't seem to bother them (hot or cold). I've only had them for 2 years but so far I haven't had any problems (knock on wood) so I really like them. Also I think their night images are better than the Trophy Cams (I am running a few of those still too). The one comment I'd make regardless of what you decide to buy is that I'll never buy another Wildgame Innovations product again - customer service was horrible.

31-Aug-13
I got my covert mp6 for about 130 buck, its super reliable and great battery life, customer service is excellent, i also have a covert reveal and an old moutrie d50, i love the night pictures on the reveal as it uses a a white flash. The mp6 must have a c'mer bear sign on it as I have found it on the ground 3 times this summer with the same small bears face looking into it before it gets knocked down. I want to get a moultrie 880 when some spare money comes around,

31-Aug-13
M880 is my fav camera but the bushnells are close behind. I know the bushnells do better with battery but the Infared of the m880 is outstanding. Both trigger well. I would suggest either

01-Sep-13
Anybody know what to do about a reconx? I put it away after last season and when I got it out this summer and put in mew batteries, the red light comes on indicating low batteries. I changed to another new set, same thing. I cant get it to come on?

01-Sep-13
I love my m880 great pics fasttrigger speed and that 100 ft night range is no bs .I could not be happier.my buddy has a bushnell and he s one of those guys that whatever he has is best.even he admits m880 blows trophy cam away!

01-Sep-13
Covert. Great pics long battery life.

01-Sep-13
Hey Boone, send it to Reconyx asap! They are absolutely number one in CS! Even if its out of warranyt, they will almost always go through it top tp bottom, fix and adjust anything out of whack, and charge you little to nothing!

02-Sep-13
Lil Acorn cameras are my favorite. High quality photos or video and AA batteries last forever. Last winter over 5000 pictures during below freezing temperatures. Nice small size for carrying around. I also built little metal boxes with locking hinged tops that screw into the tree. Just unlock box and lift camera out of the top. When camera is in box, you cant remove screws. I have more boxes screwed to trees than I have cameras so I just pop cameras in and out in a matter of seconds.

03-Sep-13

wvmule's embedded Photo
wvmule's embedded Photo
bigguy, I liked my Little Acorn last year pretty well but I felt that the quality of photos were not the greatest for a 12MP camera. Then, this year it started taking dark photos during the day. Customer service was very helpful and sent me new firmware to download on the camera. That seemed to help somewhat but the photos still look dark to me. Also I still think they don't look like 12MP photos. I don't think I would buy one again as much as I love many of the features that come with them.

01-Oct-14

Just downloaded the pictures from my Moultrie M880. The quality of pictures are in my opinion very good during the day. They are although not as clean or lit they are acceptable at night.

01-Oct-14

Moultrie M880

01-Oct-14

Night shot Moultrie M880

01-Oct-14
I would take a look at the new Browning models. Seem to get great ratings on the review sites. Just picked up a Spec Ops XR. Working great so far.

01-Oct-14
i have 4. one old moultrie that is very easy on batteries and works pretty good even after a bear stomped it in the mud. another new moultrie 880, it works pretty good too.

i also have a spypoint tinyw2 with the remote recorder after sending it back, and several months without it i got it working and liked it. so i bought another, after several months now i have a brand new one in the box sent directly from spypoint. i am afraid to open it and find out that it too is a piece of crap. i have sent the one back 2 times at my expense. i bought it in may it never worked properly, it was not until after archery season had ended for me that i got the final new in box replacement.

spypoint sucks!

01-Oct-14
I did a search on this site and someone suggested going to trailcampro.com. It gives explanations of features and explains what matters and what doesn't. For instance, they do actual reviews of the pictures each unit produces - they note that the number of pixels each picture uses isn't as important as the quality of the lens.

As a poster above stated, the Browning cameras review very well on this site and others. Their price is outstanding.

A friend that swore by another brand is kicking himself for paying a considerably higher amount for cameras producing lesser results.

01-Oct-14
I have Moultrie and Bushnell cameras. My Moultrie cameras include the 990i, 880i, and 80X. My Bushnell cameras include the Trophy cam and the Trophy Cam black out. Without a doubt, the Moultrie cameras out perform the Bushnell cameras by a large margin, both in quality of the pictures and reliability.

I will never spend another dime on anything that Bushnell makes, I've been let down too many times by them.

01-Oct-14
I have cuddie backs, bushnells, but my new browning strike force has the best pictures of them and has all the bells and whistles ,,,high reviews and $125. On amazon,,,,time will tell

01-Oct-14
I have cuddie backs, bushnells, but my new browning strike force has the best pictures of them and has all the bells and whistles ,,,high reviews and $125. On amazon,,,,time will tell

02-Oct-14
I am not impressed with the 2014 bushnells. The pictures don't seem that good. I had a good run with bushnell, but I think I will looking elsewhere when these break.

02-Oct-14
I swear by my Moutlrie. I35 model I think. It's out in the field so much I rarely see it. I am pretty sure I'm still using the same 4 C batteries from last year. It takes great photos during the day. The night photos are good - but simply due to the fact that it's night they always appear with less quality - but you can still see everything.

I can't find that model anymore. If I could I would snatch one up. I always have a metal protective case and a chain on them.

Recently I just added a Cuddeback (attack) to the woods. I haven't seen any field photos from it yet. The device is super simple to setup (two dials if I recall). I added this because my last wild game (p.o.s.) camera died and there were no i35s around.

If looking for a good camera, I would rank in order of importance:

Battery life

Pictures - low trigger speed

Pictures - can it take multiples at intervals.

Picture quality

Video - it's cool but reduces the time in field as the card fills up faster

02-Oct-14
BTW - I had a newer model Wild Game Innovations camera that would eat through 8 Lithium batteries in about 2 hours. That stunk! At $20 a shot it wasn't worth it. I had an external battery and that worked much better. The trigger speed and intervals were good, the quality was OK.

However - the buttons stopped working so I couldn't get the thing to turn on. Being mechanically inclined, I took it apart and found the inside was just bad soddering and parts. I couldn't fix it (guess that also speaks to my mechanically inclined skills) so it ended up in the garbage.

02-Oct-14
I have bought two Bushnell cameras. One got stolen and the other got smashed on the tree. I guess that's the price for hunting in the Ghetto of PG County Maryland.

As far a quality I actually like the cheap Primos 35 the best over the more expensive Bushnell HD. At least as far as the nigh time pis go.

02-Oct-14
Just yesterday after ding some research I bought the Stealth Cam G42. I run 6 cameras on my land two are about to give it up. On is a 2007 Moultrie I-40. Love these cams I have another 2008 model and one of the newer production ones. All have lost the display at one point and I replaced them. My Bushnell HD is starting to act up again. I replaced this 3 times under the warranty. I have a Moultrie 880 and it is OK. The Primos one I have is OK too not great. If I could trust Bushnell's quality that would be all I would buy. A couple of my cams have sound and I know it is a gimmic but I confess to liking it. I don't live on my hunting land and love hearing the sounds when the deer are around even if it is just tree frogs and crickets. Ha

Anyhow, I paid $109 shipped for the new Stealth cam. It is 10MP with video and sound. Also supposed to be no glow so we shall see.

One issue I am having with two cameras (Moultrie and Bushnell) is they are not holding the date and time. Odd they have the same issue. I know the Moultrie does not have an inner battery, not sure about the Bushnell.

Glad some guys here having luck with Bushnell.Like I said, I like the camera and I liked the good warranty because I needed it. I think I paid $200 for the original cam and that did not have sound. As they kept replacing my cam i eventually got the one I have and it has sound. HOPE it hangs on.

Bill

02-Oct-14
I purchased 3 of the Stealth Cam G42NG's this summer and they work awesome!!!! Great night time photos and very cool video clips.

02-Oct-14
I forgot to mention I bought mine from OutdoorTrailCam.com I got free shipping and they were here within 2 days.... I may have to buy a couple of bear boxes and python cables from him, just to keep the neighbor's honest.

02-Oct-14
max, I am really glad to hear that. Heck at 1/2 of what I paid for the Bushnell and my Moultrie I think this cam has a chance to be my replacement model.

I hope anyway.

Bill

02-Oct-14
BF, have you used the preset video yet?? I think it is present #3. I can't wait to put these bad boys on community scraps. Best of luck...maxracx

02-Oct-14
I gather that trail cameras are like bows. They are all good but they vary in the features they shine in.

03-Oct-14
Had 4 Bushnells quit. I'm going Reconyx...

03-Oct-14
Green, Maybe all good just out of the box but so many seem to have reliability issues. It really depends on the individual camera. Does not seem like one brand is perfect. David mentioned Reconyx and that is one I noticed too but I thought expensive... Not sure.

Max, my camera arrives today.

Bill

• Sitka Gear