trkyslr 23-Nov-14
CAS_HNTR 23-Nov-14
Rock 24-Nov-14
liv4it 24-Nov-14
Charlie Rehor 25-Nov-14
07-Dec-13
Got me a pair also a couple months ago. Great boots

07-Dec-13
Got some myself based on the fact that LaCrosse have been the only rubber boots that I could ever wear that didn't hurt the tops of my feet. All the rest squeezed my instep to death ! I like 'em so far.

08-Dec-13
I had a pair of Lacrosse Burley's for over 12 years. Finally killed em. Looked at lots of boots and tried on tons. unfortunately the Aeroheads did not fit my foot. They looked like great boots, but I couldn't have walked a mile in the aeroheads, and I am not picky about my footwear. ended up going with some mucks! Put about 60 miles on em in 2 weeks with no problems, and not even a hot spot!

08-Dec-13
I bought a pair of Aeroheads last Spring....been to Canada Spring Bear....muddy....been through one Fall season here in Virginia....so far....best rubber boot I have worn. For those with wide feet...these Aeros seem to be the ticket. I wear a 4E shoe and it is well documented "Wide" is not in the dictionary for rubber boot manufacturers. These fit the bill very well...but two of my hunting buddies also bought them and they wear a traditional "D" width.....work equally as well! Two thumbs up Lacrosse!!

08-Dec-13
Light and comfortable,love them!

08-Dec-13
OK guys...my interest has been stirred by this product. My current boots should last the rest of the season...but after that, I'll be in market for a new pair.

Been wearing the Muck Woody Max for several years now. Honestly, the only complaint I have with this boot is the fact the neoprene uppers are not very durable. Doesn't take much to put a tear in them. It appears, and Pat mentions, the Aerohead has addressed this issue....at least to an extent.

Comfort and warmth have never been an issue with temps dipping down in the teens. To date the Muck Woody Max have been the most comfortable pair of rubber boots I've ever owned. They offer plenty of room to get my pant legs inside the boot as well.

So, if any of you have experience with both boots, LaCrosse Aeroheads and Muck Woody Max, I'd sure like to hear your apples to apples comfort comparison.

Thanks!

08-Dec-13
How are they for getting on and off?

08-Dec-13
What Dwayne said...........

09-Dec-13
I got a pair this year and used them 36 days in a row hunting Kansas. love them!!

09-Dec-13
I would be interested in looking at these boots seriously. Thanks for the review.

09-Dec-13
Link is working now. I'm a gear junkie so I love this type of info.

But I'm always a little skeptical when a published review list all pros-no cons. Five out of five stars for every category, even for warmth despite the fact that your feet got cold?

I know I'm on thin ice criticizing Pat on his site and I might loose all my stars but I have a ton of gear and none of it is perfect so I always expect at least some trade offs.

That said, with all the great reviews, I still think I'll buy a pair of A-Heads and try them for myself.

09-Dec-13
I first learned about these boots here on Bowsite. I bought a pair from Cabelas. I had them one week then I bought 3 more pairs the following week. One for my wife, one for my son, and an extra pair for me.

I agree with Bowsite's review. 5 out of 5 for all the categories. Pat's review was spot on.

09-Dec-13
Nothing mentioned in the review about the tread pattern. I liked the old sole on the alpha lite's, it was the same sole used on the older wolverine boots and the best I've used. I hate the tread pattern on my muck boots, they will land you on your arse in situations where you least expect it. I have some rocky boots that squeak on the climber platform, sometimes little stuff like that is important to me. Any issues?

09-Dec-13
The tread is what's holding me back from the purchase......I would be like skating on any sort of mud from what I can tell.

10-Dec-13
I loved the uninsulated mucks I had....EXCEPT for the tread! Any kind of lateral movement sent you DOWN if traction was compromised at all.

I've had my Aeroheads for a couple months....LOVE the boot EXCEPT for the looks LOL....They are ugly, but so far happy otherwise. They are as warm as any full rubber boot I've had. Traction is good....so far....but haven't really tested them in real slick conditions.

10-Dec-13
I have both Arrowhead and Muck boots. Arrowhead's are recent purchase and Mucks are worn out. I much prefer the Muck's. Better fit for me. Better tread. As one of the others posted, not really durable, but what the heck, they still last years. No idea on the durability of Arrowhead boots.

10-Dec-13
I have the heavier insulated pair. They are a really comfortable boot and lighter than the Burly's I own. I had to buy them 2 sizes bigger to leave some air space in the toe.

The problem with any rubber boot is your feet will sweat....damp socks equal cold feet. I can wear these down to the upper 20's...after that, gotta use the Lacrosse 2000 gr pac boots I have.

I am very happy with them. I would give them a 4 out of 5 stars...honest opinion. No experience with Mucks so can't compare.

10-Dec-13
I will also add that they run small..if you like extra room for thick socks you may have to go up 2 sizes. I went up 1 and they are snug.

10-Dec-13
are you testing the 3.5 mm or the 7mm. I live in the Yooper and my feet get cold in rubber boots once the temps drop down to around 20f.

10-Dec-13
Have been looking at boots for a while and was leaning toward LaCrosse. The review pushed me even farther in that direction. Thanks for the info Pat. I did go a little more extreme due to this lovely MN weather and ordered the Alphaburly Pro 1600 gram. They are on sale right now for $127.00 online. Not sure if it is ok to mention where they are on sale??

10-Dec-13
Saw some other threads mentioning where products were on sale so I thought I would add that the LaCrosse Alphaburly Pro 1600 grams were on sale online at Scheels. $127 for this boot is a great price.

17-Dec-13
How is the fitting on the instep I have trouble with slip on rubber boots, they feel okay then after a few hrs. they kill my insteps.

18-Dec-13
How tight are they around the ankle? Ive always liked a ankle fit boot like the burleys, holds the foot in place.

20-Dec-13
Thanks for the review Pat. My old Lacrosse boots sprang some holes this year from climbing the oaks here and i need a new pair.

20-Dec-13
Everyone's foot is different so I would just suggest you try a pair on. The 7mm boot you will need to go up at least 1 full size.

For me...they are the best fitting rubber boots I have ever bought. I've used mine all season now and they have held up well.

27-Dec-13
I got a pair of the 7mm boots for Christmas and they are unbelievably comfortable! I've owned a pair of Muck Woody Max since they came out several years ago, and they are now worn out. Mucks are very comfortable and very warm. I don't know how warm the LaCrosse will be, but I can tell you they are more comfortable than the Mucks and I didn't think that was possible. It honestly feels like your feet are surrounded by bubble wrap. Only way I know to explain it.

28-Dec-13
I have very limited funds to spend on hunting and my hobbies. Honestly the smartest thing i did this year is buy these boots. No product is perfect imo. But as far as boots go these are the ticket.

28-Dec-13
semostickbow....Thanks man, that comparison is exactly what I've been waiting to hear.

10-Jan-14
Any comments on warmth of the different thicknesses...as in 7 mm or 3.5 mm neoprene? Looking for a boot to wear early in the year (70 degrees) to about mid to late november (20 degrees).

10-Jan-14
Thanks Pat.....what would you say it the warmest the 7mm would go without sweating too much? 50?

10-Jan-14
I got the 3.5mm,mainly for the light weight.They are the most comfortable boots I ever wore.Wore them on a few 20 degree mornings with chemical toe warmers,and my toes eventually got cold.But my toes get cold even in my $200 Sorel pack boots. Bob

23-Nov-14
Thought I would bring this topic back to the top.

I used the 7mm version of the LaCrosse Aerohead this season and I'm very impressed with this boot. No doubt the best treestand hunting rubber boots I've owned.

The Aerohead proved to be very comfortable and durable (although we're just talking one season), they still look brand new. Coldest temps experienced were roughly 20 degrees F, but my feet stayed plenty warm using only one pair of socks.

Sizing is a bit different. I normally wear an 11 boot, but buy my cold weather boots one size larger for layering socks. The Aerohead in a size 12 is a bit tight on me with more than one pair of socks. I will likely own a size 13 before next season. I have not purchased the 3.5mm version...yet. But will likely go with a size 12 in those.

Bought these boot based on Pat's review and feedback from Bowsite brothers. Just wanted to follow up in case others are still deciding.

23-Nov-14
Money well spent in my world. I just don't get to use them as much as I'd like!

23-Nov-14
Money well spent in my world. I just don't get to use them as much as I'd like!

23-Nov-14
When my mucks wear out, I might give these a try.

I concur about traction being a concern. Climbing a muddy river back and staying upright is a good thing.

I wish these guys would bring back the airbob sole like on some of the Lacrosse boots (heavy green pliable rubber, thinsulate) from approx. 19 years ago. They also had a rubber coated steel plate mid foot for tree stand step climbing.

Those 1st rubber boots lasted me almost 8 years and were the best I've ever had (800gr thinsulate if I recall)

23-Nov-14
I love a felt removable liner in my rubber boots. That being said I am going to try this boot in the near future as I think that they would be great for walking long distances.

23-Nov-14
I put some serious miles on mine in rough Alaskan brush this fall, best rubber boots I've ever owned. Durability really surprised me and more comfortable than any shoe I own!

23-Nov-14
Wearing them right now

Last pair were Mucks that were great boots.

The aeros are tight on and off but comfortable. Mine are non insulated and almost too warm for mild temps. The soles are very cushiony and tread grips well.

Hopefully get 4-5 years of good use

23-Nov-14
Been running my aeroheads all this season, only complaints thus far is that they are a bit slick on my summit climber platform, and they look like they are a hundred years old already. I'm running the 3.5's and from 80 degrees to 15 degrees I have not had any serious issues. Great boot so far, but ugly as hell. Not entering any beauty pageants with them so I'll deal with it. I put two seasons on the alpha lite's, then two on muck field blazer's, than this season with these. The alpha lite was and still is my favorite.

23-Nov-14
I just ordered the lacrosse alphaburley 800 gr boots... I have a December whiteyail hunt in Oklahoma and future trip to Ak. Anyone have any reviews on this model or what I have to look forward too?

23-Nov-14
Vanilla latte. ..... c'mon Pat.....hope thats from his mother's side!

I went through alot of.boot trying on this year and I think the Aeroheads are the most comfy.....my feet being narrow made them impractical as they were just too sloppy. I ended up with a cabelas brand...instinct I think they were......fit just like the Alphaburley boots

24-Nov-14
trkyslr, I have been using the 800 for many years and love them for cold weather hunts. I wear my non-insulated alpha burly for warmer weather hunts and hunts in Alaska & Canada. Unless it is really cold I think your 800 will be too much in Alaska for hiking and hunting.

24-Nov-14
I have wore out both the Arrowhead and the alpha bury. Both are a great boot and worth the money. Between the two the alpha burly lasted longer and held up better during rough use (rocky ground). I am now in a pair of mucks and they seen ok. When these ware out I will go back to the Lacrosse alpha burly.

25-Nov-14
Check out the Alpha-Burlys too! I own both and prefer them because they are snuger/sleeker from ankle up and the side zipper makes on and off real easy!

• Sitka Gear