Bou'bound 02-Oct-14
Halleywood 02-Oct-14
Northern Rubicon 02-Oct-14
caribou77 02-Oct-14
Halleywood 07-Oct-14
Bou'bound 12-Oct-14
tradmt 12-Oct-14
29-Dec-13
My caribou with JHA was moved to a week earlier. This works out well for me because now I can make it on our annual moose hunt! I'll be headed up on September 8th on the unguided outpost hunt. Not sure who I'm hunting with but apparently there are only two other bowhunters booked in for that week. Any of you guys??? Max

29-Dec-13
I will be there as well. Looikng forward to meeting you Max.

29-Dec-13
did they post the limit for 2014 yet? Is it still two Caribou or was it changed to one?

29-Dec-13
still one but supposedly under review.

29-Dec-13
Hope you have better weather than we had last year. Hunting with a bow would have been almost impossible. Will be up again this year but the 3rd thru the 9th. Rory

29-Dec-13
Hey, Richard and Amanda, when you go to Colorado in January, make sure you try out some of that great weed that you can get there now!!!!!!! Rory

30-Dec-13
You can buy some on Wednesday if that sort of thing is for you.

30-Dec-13
Hey, Rory I better stay away from the weed in Colorado (legal or not) as I'll have a hard enough time staying alert behind that 10x10 booth at the show for hours on end without the effects of smoking some weed...I'll sip on a cold glass of Scotch or perhaps have a beer or two after the show is over but that will be extent of it for me. Not that I have anything against those who choose to smoke weed.... to each his own I guess but there is certainly a time and a place for everything!

I and/or Amanda look forward to seeing any of you who will be able to visit us at the DSC in TX, the ISE sportsman show in Denver (CO), the Great American Sportsman show in Harrisburg (PA), the Northwest Sportsman show in Minneapolis (MN) and/or the Edmonton Boat and sportsman show in Edmonton, Alberta. It is always a pleasure to see old friends and to make new ones.

All the best to all of you for the New Year and once again I wish to thank all of you who chose to hunt with us in 2013. Other than the weather that was a time less than favorable it was another superb season. If you guys enjoyed it half as much as I did then we all had a good time up north! I already look forward to heading back up!! Love it.

Richard

31-Dec-13
Richard,

I live near Harrisburg (about 20 minutes from the show). I'll be sure to stop by your both and say hello. I always enjoy meeting fellow bowsiters.

Chuck

24-May-14
Won't be long now. Just dropped the final installment in the mail to Amanda.

24-May-14
I'm jealous Bou. After going 2 years in a row I have to take a year off. Just told dad the other day how strange it was to not be heading north this year. Take lots of pics!

24-May-14
Just sent a check and made hotel reservations also. Will be spending two weeks up there this year. One week just isn't enough as 77 knows. 14th trip with JHA. Absolutely love being up there. See you on the tundra. Rory

27-Jun-14
won't be long now. what is the first week guys are going to be hunting?

how are thinkg shaping up up that way.

27-Jun-14
Anybody that smokes that crap is just plain stupid!!!

27-Jun-14
Will be up there to weeks this year, one week is just not enough for me. The tundra has a special effect on me I guess. Will be up there Aug.26 thru Sept.11. Can hardly wait. Knee is coming along great so really looking forward to going again. 14th trip with Richard and Amanda. Good times. See you on the tundra. Rory

30-Jun-14
Season is coming soon. Anybody else getting the itch to head north? Have been thinking about getting stuff out and sorting thru it so maybe I could make the weight limit for a change. For some reason I always think I have to haul stuff up there for everybody else in camp!! Will be tough making weight this year since I am going for two weeks. The next step I suppose will be camping out for the whole season!! Love the country and the people up there. See you on the tundra. Rory

30-Jun-14
Bighorn! I am with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STUPID is a

lot NICER word than I would use!

30-Jun-14
..Rory.....looking like you're going to make it this year..?..

30-Jun-14
arrive on the 26th looking forward to the tundra.

30-Jun-14
Hey Dave, Knee is coming along really well, so it looks like I'm going to make the trip again. Will see my surgeon in about two weeks to get the latest scoop. Hopefully I can get rid of the leg brace then. Therapist says I can start some weights next week so am looking forward to more progress. Way ahead of schedule so hopefully no setbacks. Have been working it hard but carefully and feel great. Any flooding down your way? We are saturated hear but no flooding. It is flooded all around us but we have lucked out so far. See you soon. Rory

09-Jul-14

cariboukid's embedded Photo

Any of our Canadian hunters who can view Wild TV watch "The Edge" this week to see Dayne Majeau take two nice bulls with his bow (one that would easily score for P&Y and/or B&C). The show airs on "The Edge" Be patient as the first 15 minutes of the show they are showing a white tail hunt where they take a monster white tail and it then follows up with our caribou hunt which took place at Inuksuk September 21-27th 2013. BTW -I have 4 remaining spots left to go during that same time frame September 21-27 2014. Actually they are the only 4 spots left to go for 2014 and there is a good chance we may end up hunting at that same camp. It is a 1x4 semi guided hunt. Showtimes: Monday - 9:30 pm, Wednesday - 6:30 pm, Friday - 5:30 pm, Saturday - 7:30 pm, Sunday - 12:00 pm

09-Jul-14
Richard, After riding with Amanda in the bus and van, I can see why you won't let her drive your side by side!!! Rory

10-Jul-14
That's for sure! Talking about Amanda and her driving she made the 32 hour drive up to Lac Pau and arrived this afternoon. Terry ended up with a flat tire on the flat bed trailer but otherwise everything went great. Not bad considering the load that was on board those trucks.

I hitched a ride up to Chicoutimi this morning and did a test flight with the Cessna and then flew it back home. I will be making my way north early Monday morning if the weather permits me to fly it up.

We will be seeing you up north soon Rory!

Take care,

Richard

25-Jul-14
What is the first week you have hunters in.

26-Jul-14
August 28th is the start of their first week. See you on the tundra. Rory

27-Jul-14
Well, time to start sorting thru the hunting clothes and getting them washed and packed. Leaving for the tundra in about a month. Always thought getting stuff ready is one of the best parts of a hunting trip. Pack,unpack and try to figure out what you REALLY need. Seems like I always bring to many clothes, but after last year I may just stock up on wool clothes to wear. It was brutal, even for a guy from northern Minnesota. Looking forward to spending two weeks up there and having a good time. See you on the tundra. Rory

27-Jul-14
Rory....I know how you are going to have to force yourself to suffer through the process!! The tundra got under my skin 27 years ago and I will get back there again in the future...probably not to hunt but to fish. Enjoy your two weeks as I am a bit green with envy. get some pics on here!

27-Jul-14
Rory, does two weeks mean you get to take 4 caribou if the opportunity arises? That sounds like an awesome time. Have a great trip.

27-Jul-14
Bag limits are determined by the government not by how long someone takes to fill them.

27-Jul-14
Drop tine, 2 caribou only and that is enough. The caribou hunting is secondary for me. I really go up there to fish, relax, hang out, drink coffee with the cook and guides and just basically enjoy the camp life. Also enjoy helping out the first time caribou hunters and pointing them in the right direction and maybe spotting for them. If I had to go just to kill caribou, I would stay home. Enjoy visiting with Richard, Amanda, Terry, the guides and the other hunters and really enjoy harassing Amanda. She is a great gal. So much more to a JHA hunt than just killing caribou and that's why this will be my 14th hunt with them. Have to scrimp and save every year to make it but it is worth it to do something you love. See you on the tundra. Probably slow and gimpy this year, but I will be there!! Rory

27-Jul-14
I would agree Rory, getting a caribou is not necessary to have an amazing experience. I finished my 5 days without a caribou and had a fantastic time. Luckily for me we got snowed/winded in for an extra day and I was able to get a couple of nice bulls in the dying minutes of my extra day. Great memories and I will be back again soon.

03-Aug-14
Any benefit inI taking a set of Motorola two way radios up there? Does camp monitor at all on unguided hunts

03-Aug-14
I would take them. I went to the guided camps and we used them all the time. I don't know about the unguided ones, but for safety sake it would be a good idea.

TBB

03-Aug-14
Bou'bound, definitely take radios with you. Can communicate with camp and your hunting partners. Really handy when you are across the lake and need to be picked up. Guides and the cook are always monitoring their radios. I wouldn't go without one. See you on the tundra. Rory

04-Aug-14
Ditto. Take as many of the same radios as you can. Odd thing about those radios. Some can hear other radios. Some can talk to other radios. Not all can do both. We took 4 of the same ones on the last trip. They all worked together. Everyone in camp had them. Take the chargers as you can plug them in at night until the generator shuts off. I wouldn't go without them either. Can be invaluable. And overly fun listening to others success and random midday smart ass jokes.

04-Aug-14
thanks guys.

04-Aug-14
Rory,

Have a great time. We spent a week in camp with you and Jerry and had a great time. I didn't get a bou but really enjoyed the experience. Ever "guide" Lorraine made it interesting.

04-Aug-14
Also bring the instruction book with you. You only use your radios once or twice a year and you can forget how to use them. Buttons get pushed when they are in your pocket and changes your settings. Will, where were we hunting? Labrador I think. Yes, Lorraine was a little out of her element as a guide and it was pretty funny but thankfully she wasn't guiding me. Great gal, but not a guide. See you on the tundra. Rory

04-Aug-14
I'm bringing a little .410 with me so anyone in camp with me Aug. 28-Sept. 9th, you are welcome to use it. Hopefully there will be alot of ptarmigan around. See you on the tundra. Rory

12-Aug-14
Where is every body? Thought there would be more chatter with the season just two weeks away. Pretty much ready to go and I hope my knee is up to the challenge. See you on the tundra. Rory

12-Aug-14
Flying up Sept 1st!

12-Aug-14
driving to montreal on the 8th

13-Aug-14
Fly to Montreal two weeks from today. Looking forward to first hunt of the season.

13-Aug-14
driving from Chicago to Montreal August 25th. I have a slight rotator tear bringing rifle as a backup. I have been shooting about 6 arrows a week. anticipating a great trip !!!

George McGoldrick

13-Aug-14
When does the season start? 26th?

13-Aug-14
28TH

14-Aug-14
Good LUCK BOYS! You are going to have fun. Save me a good bull. I will be up there in 2015.

14-Aug-14
Arrows, check. Bow, check. Fishing rods and lures, check. Cigars, check. Plane ticket, check. I dont know about you, but I am ready. 21 days to go.

17-Aug-14

and I sometimes get asked why I consider my job the best job in the world! Getting to watch my two boys grow up spending time with me on the tundra is a big part of it! On a different note although we were hit by bears at almost every single camp and our docks were crushed ashore we can now see the end of the dark tunnel and are doing a few finishing touches before the season begins. Karl, Wilson and Bob are at Camp #8 after having rebuilt 6 docks and fixed up 7 bear damaged camps. I have our new recruits Jamie and John working at giving Pons Island a complete make over after having gotten Martha Lake back into action! The caribou are coming! Although it is still too early to predict where the caribou will be on August 28th I plan on taking a proper scouting tour for them within the next few days. Looking forward to seeing you all and take care. I'll post later and hopefully with some really good news!

Richard

17-Aug-14
How's the weather looking Richard? Speedo or Woolies? Of course the weather will completely suck when I get there. Almost hate to curse all of your other clients for two weeks like that!!! See you on the tundra. Rory

17-Aug-14
Rory will you be gon by the 9th?

17-Aug-14
Rory will you be gone by the 9th?

17-Aug-14
Bou'bound, the ninth is my last day. May bump into you if you are coming in then. Indian summer should start about noon on the ninth when I am leaving. Been weathered in the last couple years so don't anybody plan on getting in on time. Rory

18-Aug-14
Good glad you and the bad weather will be gone. LOL! enjoy the trip Rory

18-Aug-14
Looking hot and buggy lately but the odd days that it cools down the bugs seem to vanish.

Seen caribou between camp #8 and King today! I would say about 1000 with some real nice bulls amongst them. It is a promising sign that the first ones to come that far south are headed directly for our camps located just west of the Delay. Hopefully the rest will follow the same path!! So far it is looking pretty good although some caribou that were headed across the Leaf River last week have now turned and are headed back north. Not a bad thing though as it is still early and they did the same last year and it all worked out for the best. Time will tell!!

Richard

22-Aug-14
Is there a secure parking lot at the Holiday Inn in Montreal. I know in the past there were often issues with stolen vehicles well Caribou hunters were up north don't know if that's still a problem or not

22-Aug-14
Bou -

The lot is "secure" but do not leave any valuables in your vehicle. Also, disable the vehicle - pull the coil wire or something. One year there was a group of guys that had their truck stolen when they returned. I don't think they were Richard's clients but it is the hotel that provides the "security". If you need to leave something valuable in Montreal, leave it with Amanda or inside the hotel.

Better safe than sorry. Unfortunately crime happens everywhere and there isn't much we can do about it other than be smart.

Have a safe trip!

22-Aug-14
Don't forget to notify your credit card company that you are going to be in Canada. Can speak from experience that it is a pain in the butt when your card is shut down at 2 o'clock in the morning for security reasons. Boubound , never had a problem in the secure parking area but the security is one guy about 75 years old. Keep every thing out of sight and you shouldn't have a problem. Rory

23-Aug-14
georgemcg,see you in Montreal.Am coming from S.D. going thru Chicago on the 26th.

24-Aug-14
srp, if you are staying at the Holiday Inn, maybe we an get together and have supper. By the way, the food at the H.I. sucks and is expensive. See you on the tundra. Rory

24-Aug-14
I am bored!!! I am going to start driving from Chicago today.

24-Aug-14
I really wish I was going again. Keep us posted guys, good luck and have fun!

24-Aug-14
Anyone else going to be. At the unguided camp flying in 9/9 and out 9/15. Looks like max above and anyone else.

24-Aug-14
Heed CPA's advice above about disabling your vehicle. Some years ago we parked in a "secure" hotel lot while chasing caribou up north and returned to find my buddies almost new Silverado gone. The police told him that probably within two hours it was aboard a ship waiting for a trip to the middle east where it was worth a ton. Hopefully things are better in that regard these days. Have a great trip guys.

25-Aug-14
The police in Montreal seem to believe theft of Americans is a way to boost their economy. They know of the thefts that occur, where they occur, and do nothing to stop them. I had my car window broken out and some things taken and when reported to the police they were very unconcerned and knew exactly where it happened. There were two others at the station with the same issue. Do all you can to protect your vehicle as the police can not be counted on.

25-Aug-14
Over the 20+ years I spent up there I never knew of the vehicles being completely safe. Numerous ones were stolen. Just another thought....get a card from your insurance co. noting your vehicle insurance is good in Canada. As Rory probably knows......the food at the HI is not good....short walk to the steak house down the street will be a good sendoff. Wish I were going up there!

25-Aug-14
To everyone heading out to Richard's & Amanda's camps, good luck, be safe and enjoy every moment on the tundra. See you there next year.......

26-Aug-14
A couple years back I had dinner at the steak house. It was really great. I am with Rory the HI is expensive and not so good.

26-Aug-14
Sounds like a plan. This is my first time so welcome all the advise I can get.

28-Aug-14
When i went in 2011 a new ford raptor was stolen out of the secure lot. seemed like magic it could happen but... and yes the food at the hi does suck and expensive, best go somewhere else for good dinner.

28-Aug-14
Richard give my best to the boys at camp 8 and tell them to save me one for next year. Is Wilson still commanding the SS Cowkiller??

30-Aug-14
If anybody has any updates as the first week progresses please post

30-Aug-14
I've taken 3 trips and never had a problem. Didn't think the food was bad and I had brand new suburbans each time. For the most part you should be fine. Have a blast.

31-Aug-14
just heard from Richard. 25 bulls down by day 2. And said he was flying in some really rough weather yesterday. pack the rain gear gentlemen.

31-Aug-14
Thanks for the update sounds like they put some guys in the animals

03-Sep-14
Any more word from the wild north.

05-Sep-14

05-Sep-14
That first group has tp be back.

07-Sep-14
Grant, when are you going up?

07-Sep-14
fly out of montreal tuesday

07-Sep-14
Got back on Friday. Had some tough weather and spent an extra day in camp before we could get flown out. Our camp got moved due to lack of animals. The second camp was not any better. Out of 12 tags 6 were filled and 2 of those were cows. All were rifle kills. I didn't see a mature bull. The other camps did fine. I think most filled all their tags. I talked to 4 other guys that killed with archery. Most were rifle hunting. We had a great camp cook and host. I would expect better results if I went again. I think we just got unlucky.

07-Sep-14
Thanks for the update

were you a day late getting out of camp or lac Pau

08-Sep-14
A day late getting out of camp. My understanding is that leaving Lac Pau is not as big an issue since those planes are equipped to leave with limited visibility. The low ceiling was keeping theOtters grounded so they could not come and get us. The terrain was way different than I expected. When I hunted Manitoba there were few trees but there are thick black spruce forests at many of the camps. Not the wide open tundra I expected to find.

08-Sep-14
Good luck Grant!

08-Sep-14
in montreal we'll see what happens.

08-Sep-14
SOMI, You had to be pretty far south to have lots of trees like you describe. How far out of Lac Pau were you? We were only 80 miles (45 min) north last year and had similar landscape and very few animals. The guys 2 hours north described a pretty desolate tundra landscape and did much better on the caribou.

08-Sep-14
The best place you can end up is the old arctic adventures camps. Those places are AWESOME. All open tundra. What bou hunting should be.

08-Sep-14
We were 107 miles north of Lac Pau. First camp was one of Richards and the second was an old Explo Sylva camp. If you climbed up to the ridges there were fewer trees but it was definitely a thick forest over 70% of the terrain. Lots of guys were killing bou in similar conditions at other camps. We just didn't get the luck we needed. Overall Richard and Amanda run a very organized operation and if I were to book QL bou again I would do it with JHA.

10-Sep-14
This is about as quiet as a JHA thread has been in years. I'm guessing Richard has his hands full which is probably a good thing.

11-Sep-14
Just flying back from JHA, had an Epic hunt. Will start a new thread when I return, being it's 9/11 I guess I should say if I return! lol

11-Sep-14
With regards to caribou77 , I disagree , The best camps are the ones that have caribou around them,or coming towards , sometimes it may be Arctic Adventure Camps or any of the other camps that JHA operates, These camps are spread out over vast area and as the caribou migrate Richard try,s his best to put you in what ever camp he feels gives you the best chance of success .A camp that was the hot spot one week could be the poorest one the following week and vise-versa. I also find it interesting that he finds the open Tundra the best for Bow Hunting, I always thought most Bow-hunters preferred to be where some tress offered them cover .Here is a photo I took first week of the season, I was within 20 yards of these bulls in a wooded area.

11-Sep-14

Northern Rubicon's embedded Photo
Sorry I mistakenly deleted the photo I am re-posting it.

11-Sep-14

Another Photo , Note I was fishing with my grandson Sawyer and not hunting when i took these photos.

11-Sep-14

Here is an example of the Beautiful Brook trout that Sawyer and I caught.

11-Sep-14

Sawyer with a string of beauties.

11-Sep-14
Rubicon, isn't that the way it goes? A big old gray bull walks by within spittin' distance when you're fishing!! LOL

11-Sep-14
Jack lets the small bulls like that pass. But as you can see in the pics, he keeps only the small brookies that they catch.

Which camp was this Jack?

11-Sep-14
Jack, I have nothing against the tree line at all. I just love the vastness of the open tundra. And personally think its beautiful. But you are correct, the best place to be is where the caribou are....where ever that is. lol Nice Brookies!

11-Sep-14
We were at JHA camp 7 aprox. 130 mi. North of Lac Pau.

12-Sep-14
Actually we just opened camp#7 this week and sent our first group of hunters in to intercept a small migration of caribou that were making their way towards camp #7. The gang sent to camp #7 seen over 800 caribou on the very first day of their hunt. 1 hunter in particular tagged out with 2 bulls on day 1 using strictly primitive weapons (he took 1 with a long bow and the other with his black powder rifle), Boubound is in there along with Rick Duggan and both of them are strictly bow hunting. Actually Rick won't shoot anything unless he can score it for P&Y). Rick was the only hunter still holding off as of today. Boubound has taken a bull with his bow along with a young hunter that had never shot a big game animal before with his bow and who tagged a beauty. I think they are having a pretty darn good time! Wish everyone's trip went just like that. I also wish Rick would hurry up and find that damn P&Y bull! Kind of stressed out that he booked two weeks with us and still hasn't taken his P&Y bull. I've had him at three different camps. The last camp he was at, one of the other hunters took a caribou with his bow that may very well be the next #1 P&Y caribou. Just looking it over quickly I would say it is definitely a 400 class bull and certainly one of the nicest looking caribou I have ever seen in my 30 years of being up here. Wish I had a picture to post! Anyhow so far so good up here this week with camp #7, Willy and Bobby seeing hundreds of caribou and still three days left to go! We have hunters in Coursolles, Willy, Bobby, camp #7 and camp #8. I have the scouts positioned further south at Sir James where they are still seeing caribou and we also have caribou that arrived at our Wendell and Martine. A very good week for most of our hunters and up until now we have not sent home less than 50 caribou out of a possible 60 on the charter going out... It hasn't been an easy season as we have had to move at least 1 group of hunters each week since the start but none the less we are sending the majority of our clients home with caribou that they are very proud of and just seeing their smiles on their faces is reward enough for us. If our clients are happy we are certainly happy as that means we have met our goals! lol Hopefully we can keep the present trend going. From what I have seen from scouting the area yesterday from the Cessna I'd have to say that it looks pretty darn good for the last two weeks with more and more caribou funneling through Bobby and Willy making their way further south and easily within our reach.

Richard Hume

12-Sep-14
Great report Richard!

Over 400 score - must be "Bouzilla" that I saw at Lake Amanda a few years ago. He never let me get within 200 yards.

12-Sep-14
Good news Richard , your friend Nelson is hear and just read your note, I can hardly hold him down in the chair , he wants to leave now, , he said to give you his regards.

12-Sep-14
You can let Nelson know that he will be going to camp #7! Looks like most of the caribou that were headed north East have gone through but now Jimmy has started seeing caribou swimming the lake coming back to the south from the north West.

I had spotted a herd of about 1000 caribou last week when I was doing a routine scouting. They were located just north west of Luco's camp #9. Perhaps they are now coming back south. Lots of really nice bulls amongst that herd. We will keep hoping that they continue heading south through camp 7.

This past week we also had the honors of hosting Joel Maxfield of Mathews Bows and Mike Kroff of Savage Arms on a hunt with us. I can't say enough about either of these guys. Truly down to earth gentleman, very patient sportsman and quite frankly a true pleasure to host. I truly enjoyed getting to know both of them. Can't wait to see the footage they will be airing.

Congrats to all of our hunters who have hunted with us so far this year and who have now returned home with their trophies. With all that has happened in Quebec you had every reason to hunt elsewhere but instead chose to put your faith in us! I am glad that you gave us the opportunity to host each of you. We appreciate your support and will continue to do our best. Thanks!

Richard Hume

12-Sep-14

shooter's embedded Photo
shooter's embedded Photo
Here you go Richard. P.M. me your e-mail address and I'll send you the rest of my photo's.

Thanks again for a GREAT HUNT! I don't know how you do it.

12-Sep-14
Wow Shooter....awesome Bull!

12-Sep-14
Thanks. I was just fortunate to be in the right place at the right time.

13-Sep-14
Just got back from another incredible trip with JHA. Thanks to Richard and Amanda for putting up with me for two weeks. You two are great. Hunted a grand total of one hour and tagged out at Coursolles. Hopefully brought some luck to the camp. Doug and Curry are the two hardest working guides I have seen up there. Luckily, I brought a rifle this year and got animals right away because my knee went to hell right away and had a very difficult time getting around. Probably should have canceled. Both weeks were like a wilderness emergency room with a lot of beat up hunters limping around. Simo, how's the toe? Bad knees and backs, broken toes, broken ribs, colds, cuts, you name it. And they say caribou hunting is easy!!! Very open country and wind would have made archery hunting nearly impossible. Another great hunt and looking forward to next year. See you on the tundra. Rory

13-Sep-14
My hat is off to you guys that get your caribou with a bow hunting with JHA. I cannot move well enough anymore to even think about hunting with a bow up there. Throw in the wind and open country and getting any caribou up there is is a real trophy and something to be proud of. See you on the tundra. Rory

14-Sep-14
Met Roger the scout at Freeman Lake this year. He is one of the nicest, smartest and most interesting people I have ever met. He can keep you entertained for hours with his stories and poems. See you on the tundra. Rory

15-Sep-14
Well Grant?????

15-Sep-14
Cory it was a great week all around the camp tagged out including both the bow hunters. Saw anywhere from a couple hundred to 700 a day over the first five days. I will provide more details in an extended post but I will say that after hearing nothing but rave reviews for Richards operation for many years I can say with firsthand conviction they are better than advertised in all aspects of executing the hunt. Yes we saw in killed a lot of nice Caribou but I will tell you the attention to detail that that operation demonstrates from the moment you check into the hotel in Montreal until the moment you pull out of the parking lot at the end of the trip is second to none. Unbelievable and I'm not talking about just the animals which happened to be there

15-Sep-14
Bou'bound, glad you finally got to experience a JHA hunt. No one does it better than Richard, Amanda and their staff. That is why next year will be my 15th hunt with them. It just keeps getting better and better every year. They are a 1st class act. See you on the tundra. Rory

16-Sep-14
Grant which hunt option did you do? I'm looking forward to your review. Sounds like you had a great time!

16-Sep-14
Nick the self-guided option

16-Sep-14
Well, that's it. I am officially old now. Had to put my glasses on to peel potatoes for supper!! Death can't be far off. See you on the tundra, probably squinting. Rory

17-Sep-14
Where are you Dave? Been trying to get a hold of you. See you on the tundra. Rory

27-Sep-14
Any details or updates from the last couple weeks I did hear from Amanda that they were doing very well in some tough weather conditions curious about any specifics

02-Oct-14
Curious how they finsihed the year, i think this was the last week and it was the trophy hunt. pictures would be great.

02-Oct-14

Halleywood's embedded Photo
Halleywood's embedded Photo
I hunted with JHA 9/21 - 9/27 at Coursolles. I will agree with Rory that Doug and Curry are awesome guides and will add Betty was a great cook. We had tough weather conditions and didn't see many caribou but our camp was able to get 7 of 10 tags filled. We pretty much had rain, sleet, snow, and wind every day.

My partner and I both got one bull each with a bow. Here is a picture of the bull I shot. 5 yard shot, 40 yard recovery.

02-Oct-14
Congratulations Halleywood on a beautiful bull especially with a bow I am sure it is a P&Y .Beautiful

02-Oct-14
Yes! Congrats, That is a smoker!

07-Oct-14
Thanks guys...My hunting partner figured it would go P&Y...it doesn't matter to me personally. My wife and I had some bou backstraps last weekend and man I would put caribou up against elk any day!! It was awesome!

12-Oct-14
aNY MORE 2014 PHOTOS OR FINAL REPORTS

12-Oct-14
Nice caribou Halleywood but your taste buds must be drunk. :)

• Sitka Gear