JW 09-Jan-15
jstephens61 09-Jan-15
Bud Meadows 02-Mar-15
Scotty 05-Mar-15
08-Feb-14

W.P. Archer's embedded Photo
G'day guys,

I was just wanting to read all the preparations & plans those fellow hunters of the dark continent who are taking the rains in their hands and hunting there this year?

I am longing to return to Namibia myself but seeing as I have a black bear hunt booked for June in BC, so it'll be mid 2015 that will see me stalk the sandy regions of Western Namibia again.

08-Feb-14

Chief 419's embedded Photo
Chief 419's embedded Photo
I'm still suffering from taxidermy expenses incurred on my first African hunt. Here's a picture of the shovel head that I shot in South Africa. I'm planning my second hunt in 2015.

09-Feb-14
If Ken Moody has openings I plan on being over there in 2015. What kind of expenses do you have getting a warthog to the US??

09-Feb-14
My future wife and I made plans at SCI for our 2015 trip to South Africa. A mix of gun and bow hunting for 10 days in the Limpopo region.

09-Feb-14
I'll be in the Northwest Province of RSA for the second half of July '14.

I'll be looking for Springbok, Black Wildebeest, Zebra, and maybe a few others of whatever wanders too close to pass.

Leaving 150 days from today!

09-Feb-14
leaving RSA end of may 2014....getting pumped now. first time.

09-Feb-14
Have a date with Mr Spots early May in Zimbabwe!

09-Feb-14

scndwfstlhntng's embedded Photo
scndwfstlhntng's embedded Photo
To Namibia with Makalaan late in July. Returning after five years and I feel like it is going home. Fourth trip to the continent over nineteen year and probably the last. Looking to fill some gaps and the very few blank spaces on the wall. I hope to get a crack at Springbok, black wildebeest and some of the small antelope species which have all crossed my path over the years but been ignored for the bigger sexier stuff: until now. Oh yeah, and if that really big kudu walks up, well I may have to find room for him.

09-Feb-14
Tshepe 2015 for me

09-Feb-14
Limcroma July of 2015, I'm already a mess!

09-Feb-14

Pat, I'm sure we'll all be waiting along side you and your hunt come May this year and I bet the months are zipping by along with the prep.

When I get there again in 2015 it'll be only my second trip to Africa and again I don't think it'll be my last seeing as how Africa get its hooks into you! I'm lucky enough to have found a nice lady to come with me and wants to hunt ( with rifle as she is an ex police women and can handle firearms) ... Zebra.

Me.... Well I'll be happy like most others as to whatever I can not only spit and stalk but what walks past me in the blind when I choose to sit and wait/watch.

This Steenbok was one of the best stalks I've ever made, not to mention the shot...

09-Feb-14
Not this year but planning to return in next 3-4 years

09-Feb-14
Same as mixed bag. There are still a lot of animals I want to shoot over there.

10-Feb-14
April 2014 East London area...

10-Feb-14
163 days...17 hours...41 mins but who's counting. Headed back with DVS again, can't wait!

10-Feb-14
Limcroma this August 20-29. Should be great. Bushbuck tops list, then zebra and anything better than what I have already.

10-Feb-14
Rich...Is this the year for that bushbuck? You've been chasing them awhile right?

11-Feb-14
Yes, I hope this is the year for that one! I'd like to clear that obsession once and for all. It will happen eventually if I can keep going over. Getting laid off after nearly 26 years with Merck, so adjustments are inevitable.

11-Feb-14
AZ~Rich

You'd love Zim around Hwange district, tons of Bushbucks, I was able to kill 2 stalking in Horrible conditions! Would see 15-20 bucks a day! Good Luck to all!!

11-Feb-14
AZ-Rich

You should have plenty of opportunity down along the riverfront property at Limcroma. It will be very challenging, but do-able spot & stalk. We also have several leaner tree stands hung at the main trail crossings near the bedding areas. I killed my first bow bushbuck from a tree stand that I hung down there this past August... Wait until you hear them barking! It's crazy...!

11-Feb-14
I also have a dream to spot and stalk Bushbuck, will you be stalking them AZ Rich? If so I will have to look into the same operation you've booked with one day...

11-Feb-14
Yes, thanks for the tips. I have hunted them spot and stalk as well as by trackers putting on a drive along the Limpopo. Heard them barking quite a lot when they got spooked. Even had a ewe literally run right over my foot on one of those drives! I will hunt them either from a stand or on foot depending on the situation. I like the idea of tree stand in right crossing, but you can spend all day up there and not get on any other shootable game, so you have to be prepared for that trade-off. I will have to see what Hans suggests.

12-Feb-14
AZ-Rich,

All of the leaner stands overlooking trails also have a mineral lick or a feeding station within bow range. You will get shot opportunity at warthogs, impalas, baboons, vervet monkeys, steenboks, duikers,jackals, etc... I've even seen waterbucks wandering down there.

As you said, Hannes and your PH will get you dialed in when you are there...

12-Feb-14
My wife and I are going in Sept with Two Waters Safaris. About an hour and a half north of Port Elizabeth. Plains game

13-Feb-14
Wife and I are leaving September 5th for 10 days with Barefoot Safari

19-Feb-14
My wife and I will be there(RSA) the first 12 days of July, her first trip to Africa and my fourth. Namibia once and RSA twice.

19-Feb-14
Three months and one week until Tembo!!

19-Feb-14
Looking forward to updates on your hunt medicinemann . Glad it's you and not me. Well maybe. Will be watching for it with interest. Trying for Cape buffalo in August. Will be hunting with melorani safaris. A person has to start somewhere for the big five. Nervous enough about that let alone an elephant. Go get em and send lots of updates. Good luck

25-Feb-14

Bud Meadows's embedded Photo
I'll be going back to Namibia in 2015 with my granddaughter. Got to get another kudu like this guy for her.

25-Feb-14

Hopefully I can get my granddaughter another red hartebeest like this guy

25-Feb-14
That hartebeest is what my wife is after. 4th trip for us and she is still trying to get the hartebeest. That animal just won't cooperate for her. I don't dare shoot one myself or she will kill me.

27-Feb-14
Guess I'm one of those who have been and would rather do something in N. America rather than go back. My dad and I are doing a caribou hunt in Nunuvat this fall.

If I ever were to make it back to Africa my list is somewhat short; leopard, bush pig, bush buck, klipspringer.

27-Feb-14
My Dad and I are making our first trips over to Africa and hunting with Choronga Safaris.

27-Feb-14
Limpopo - Buffalo, Nyala, and maybe Roan

28-Feb-14
MathewsMan,your not alone.I hunted Africa and loved it and glad its off my bucket list.But, theres so many other places on my list for adventure now.Last year I did a diy caribou hunt in Alaska with 40 mile air.moose hunting in Ak. will be my next big adventure.I will be back to Afica but next time will be taking my boys.Its a super cool place to see and experience.Bushbuck is also on my list for my next trip,and the boys will get a package deal

10-Mar-14
The wife and I are going hunting with Ken Moody for the second time in July. Looking for what ever crosses my bowsight!

11-Mar-14
I just bought a SA hunting package at the NWTF banquet here in town. Valid for two years. I had zero time to research but it was such a screaming deal I took the risk. I don't even know who the outfitter is yet.

Hopefully it turns out to be good.

11-Mar-14
Leaving May 15th for Zambia.

This won't be a hunting trip. My wife and I will visit our daughter, son-in-law, and their four children at the Lifesong Farm near Kitwe in northern Zambia.

We do plan to spend five days at Victoria Falls with them, hoping to visit all the National Parks in the area.

They have committed to be there through 2016.........so the hunting trips will come maybe as early as next year.

Any suggestions on 'don't miss' attractions around Vic Falls are appreciated.

20-Mar-14
The wife and I are headed to RSA with Ken Moody July '14 first time for both of us

03-Apr-14
Heading to Zimbabwe June 18th-July 4th with Zambezi Hunters in the Save.

My two daughters are hunting with rifles and I'll be bowhunting plainsgame with my bow and a couple buffalo with my rifle.

Looking forward to it.

Good luck fellow Dark Continent hunters!

03-Apr-14
Sounds like a heckuva fun trip planned! Have a great time!

04-Apr-14
My wife and I are heading to SA July 26th. First time for the both of us! I'll be bowhunting the first 10days. My wife thinks she wants to try and harvest a warthog with the PH's crossbow. She has never been behind the trigger on a hunt, usually just video tapes and enjoys the outdoors. So I'm pretty excited if she pulls through! After the hunt were headed to Kruger for a 4 day safari. Then heading down to the southern coast for a few days and a shark cage dive!!! Can't wait!!!! Good luck to all heading over!!!

04-Apr-14
Dane,

Best of luck to your wife. We'll need a photo of her and the hog.

05-Apr-14
check Zander Osmers Safaris out they have 75 000 Acres which is one property that you hunt on. In my meaning the best concession in South Africa. When you book a hunt with them they do not take other hunters the same dates as you picked so it's only you and your group that will hunt the 75000 Acres. They don't feed the animals so it's fair chase. No fixed blinds.

www.Osmers.co.za or www.zanderosmerssafaris.co.za

05-Apr-14
Thanks Butch! I'll def be posting up our pics!!!

08-Jan-15
Well guys it's now down to months as i/we are booked in again to hunt Namibia in August for 7 days. I would have liked a longer hunt... Say 14 days but this will do for now as I plan to go back again to Africa and spot and stalk bushbuck and Nyala.

I'm heading over with my partner who will be rifle hunting in an area away from where I'll be stalking with my recurve. She is super keen to nail a good Gemsbok as well as a Mountaiin Zebra.

So....who else is heading over this year guys?

08-Jan-15
Me and some buddies are headed to Limcroma July 8th. I can't wait. I've got a date with a big Kudu!

08-Jan-15
JW, I thought I told you that I had dibbs on the Kudu!!

I guess that I should have scheduled my trip for a few days earlier;>)

I enjoyed chatting with ya the other nite & I'm looking forward to sharing camp with you & your crew!!

08-Jan-15
African Barefoot Safaris in August.

09-Jan-15
Sorry Troy! Likewise buddy. Going to be a great time!

09-Jan-15
Badlands, say Hi to Reon and Elmay and hug the kids for me. Have him start you out in leopard blind.

02-Mar-15

I head out in June for my third safari in northern Namibia. Hope to get another kudu like this guy:

05-Mar-15

Scotty's embedded Photo
Scotty's embedded Photo
Heading to Africa Barefoot Safari's in June for another great adventure. I am bringing my daughters 11 and 13 this year should be a hoot! Still getting stuff back from my taxidermist!!!!!!

• Sitka Gear