Dino 20-Apr-14
cody9228 20-Apr-14
Neb_Bowhuntin' 23-Apr-14
John Allmand 28-Apr-14
Dino 29-Apr-14
low_tec 11-Sep-14
peabody 23-Sep-14
24-Mar-14
My son just turned 15. I've promised him a Texas pig hunt. 2 of my partners will also bring their teenagers, another 15 yo boy and the other is a 17 yo girl.

I am looking for a low/no fence, target rich ranch that has stands, as well as the opportunity to do some spot/stalk, sendero Corning, etc. An off the radar type ranch would be great, but I'll rely on recommendations from here.

Please PM me if you prefer.

The teenage future pig slayers thank you in advance!

Steve

24-Mar-14
Check Pete Denny's Brushy Hill Ranch, Sabinal Texas. Its about 15000 acres all low fence and self guided. Google their website for contact info and rates. LBH and I hunted there a few times, had opportunity and moderate success. Lots of turkeys and javelina on the ranch too.

25-Mar-14
Thanks for the responses and PM's!

Good community, this is.

25-Mar-14
Try rob at fair chase. Hugh low fence ranch on tex mx border. Tons of pigs and javelina great food and great accomidations.

25-Mar-14
Another vote for Rob at Fair Chase...tons of critters, great food and really great people!

Cheers,

Sharpstick

16-Apr-14
Pm sent..

But check out HUNTERS CREEK RANCH in Mt Vernon Tx

You'll be glad you did..

Shoot Str8 and Stay Safe

Jeff

16-Apr-14
Been going to Fair Chase for years. A couple guys I went with were current or former CEOS of fortune 500 corporations who can hunt anywhere they want. They go to Robs. What can I say. Great food great rooms, bass fishing, great Mexican based food and a rec room/bar with all libations included for $400 a day with a limit of one animal a day. Lots of hogs and it is virtually impossible to not kill a javelina.

17-Apr-14
X2 for Rob at Fair Chase. The wife and I have hunted with Rob for a few years now and this January we are taking our grandkids down to hunt. They are 9 and 13. Rob is a first class guy and runs a first class outfit. [email protected] or 972-523-5621.

17-Apr-14
Yep, another vote for Rob Kiebler @ Fair Chase.

17-Apr-14
Definitely give Rob a call. Not sure if they are still hunting Javis but there are a LOT of pigs there!

17-Apr-14
Thanks again all for the great recs and PM's!

Working out the options as we speak!

Steve

18-Apr-14
Well..I have not been to Fair Chase...sounds nice..but $400 a day for 1 animal is geared more to CEOs of Fortune 500 companies..haha.

HUNTERS CREEK RANCH is geared more for us common folk. $250/day includes 2 pigs per day (1 over 100lbs and 1 under). 3 delicious meals and lodging included. Now..don't head down there with exepectations of a Marriott. However.. The lodging is very clean and comfortable...in fact..the lodge is only 2yrs old. It has heat/AC AND even satelite TV.

If you want more info..pm me and I'll give you the scoop. Excalibers hunting the backwoods filmed an episode down there last year. Every cool show!!

Shoot Str8 and Stay Safe Jeff

18-Apr-14
Is Hunters Creek free range hogs? And, how big is the ranch? Do you hunt them over feeders?

19-Apr-14
HUNTERS CREEK RANCH has both free range and low fence. Not sure exactly how big the low fence area is but it is some very thick stuff!!! They have access to thousands of acres of free range with feeders out around the area. I'll find out and let you know about how many acres they have on low fence.

You can spot/stalk or hunt over feeders at both places. Or if you want..Bob can run the dogs for ya!!

Shoot Str8 and Stay Safe Jeff

20-Apr-14
Thanks Jeff. Please let me know more information as you find it. Happy Easter.

20-Apr-14
Stasney Ranch in Albany Texas. Tons of pigs running the Brazos. I live 30 minutes from there and have hunted pigs all over Texas and believe it to be one of the better ranches for pigs. It's 20,000 to 40,000 acres low fenced.

23-Apr-14
Dino...I spoke with Bob and he said the low fence was just over 150 acres and they have 13,000 acres available free range.

If your interested..check them out! Great place!!

Shoot Str8 and Stay Safe

Jeff

28-Apr-14
Lincoln Ranch, bow only, near Encinal Texas. Great, inexpensive hunt, plenty of opportunities, fantastic host (Karl Dickson.)

29-Apr-14
Thanks Jeff, What do you mean by low fence? Thanks.

11-Sep-14
Low fence is usually a 4 or 5 strand barbed wire fence.

Rob @ Fair Chase will show you a great time

23-Sep-14
If its barbed wire the hogs go right thru it.

• Sitka Gear