Cheque 08-Apr-14
Cheque 08-Apr-14
MDW 09-Apr-14
Rut Nut 10-Apr-14
mrw hunter 10-Apr-14
Teeton 10-Apr-14
08-Apr-14
8:47 PM LIVE from PA*
First bowfishing trip of the year. It's around 45 degrees and just got dark. We aren't professional bow fisherman we just use a spotlight off the bow of the little 14 footer but we shoot a few fish and we have fun so we're happy. We aren't sure if the carp will be in the shallows this early this cold but we'll know in half an hour or so. There are four of us guys sharing two bows. One guy will drive the boat, one shine the light and two guys shooting. I have an AMS setup on my recurve and my cousin Brian has one on some ancient compound. Hopefully they're out!

08-Apr-14
9:23 PM LIVE from PA*

Cheque's MOBILE embedded Photo

kipp with the first...

08-Apr-14
9:50 PM LIVE from PA*

Brian hits a big one...I had one to the boat that pulled out...they're scarce but they're pretty big...

08-Apr-14
9:51 PM LIVE from PA*

nother one...

08-Apr-14
10:22 PM LIVE from PA*

finally got a good enough hit...think I've been shooting too low...

09-Apr-14
Good to see there is still a few live bowfishers out there.

Kansas folks held their first tournament of the year last month. Ice, blowing snow, freezing lines, the whole works. Another one this weekend.

Guess the big stringer was around 450 pounds. A dozen boats total.

10-Apr-14
Cheque- nice pics! looks like you guys had fun. Didn;t know the carp were active this early. Where were you guys fishing?

P.S. thanks for posting this- got the old bowfishing juices flowing! :)

10-Apr-14
Great job! Thanks for posting!

10-Apr-14
Yes thanks also for posting. I'm also from pa and will be trying it in a few weeks. My real first time. Why kayaking last spring I found a bunch of them. I was in the middle of the lake and looked over at the shoreline and thought I saw beaver swimming. I came down the shoreline on the way back and it was a bunch of carp. Big ones like 2 feet long. So as soon as the ice is off. I'm going to check it out.

Ed

• Sitka Gear