LINK 14-Apr-14
Woods Walker 14-Apr-14
Beendare 14-Apr-14
11-Apr-14
Pat can you post a link?

11-Apr-14
Does this really surprise anyone here?

11-Apr-14
Well from here, when I ship a bear hide south to a customer that had hunted in Manitoba, USFWS feels the need to collect $93.00 for a bear legally shot by a sport hunter, before they let it proceed. Now last week, I shipped a wolf hide, I purchased from a trapper, had it tanned and sold it to one of my hunters. USFWS says they want $200.00 for that hide to proceed? A money grab to support Obama? You bet.

11-Apr-14
Might surprise some that have been condoning the release of wolves. Some have laughed at the comments of others about the government and liberals wanting to depress and shut down hunting. It doesn't surprise me one bit but I understand, like many, the liberal agenda. I might even be considered an "extremist" because I don't think conservatives should reach across the aisle and work together with these liberal goons on anything.

11-Apr-14
Don't even get me started on this one! Those SOB'S are the most two faced politicians out there. Obama knows where his money comes from, he has put Biden on this task and every time he trys he fails. Just another back door angle attempt at gun control.

11-Apr-14
Working in healthcare he has made my life hell for the past few years. Now he ruins my vacations......

His "change" sucks. Remind me why I work again?

11-Apr-14
It's going to get worse for grizzly bear hunting. Disney is coming out with a new movie about the life of a mother grizzly and her cubs. They are going to play up the cute cuddly teddy bear to the hilt. Forget about ever having a lower 48 grizzly tag after this plays.

11-Apr-14

Beendare's Link
Anyone actually interested in getting off their butts to do something to combat this or find out what is actually going on can go to the SCI website- or better yet join SCI...and as Pat says, vote these idiots out.

The link outlines some of the recent legislation and fights for sportsmens rights SCI has pushed through or currently fighting.

11-Apr-14
"Remind me why I work again?"

So you can pay the taxes that fund all of this BS of course.

11-Apr-14
A friend of mine that lived and worked with a PH in Zimbabwe for 3 years and has personally killed 3 elephants himself says this is real bad.

You will still be able to hunt elephant but you cannot transport anything. This means that the $25-$35K hunt turns into a $5-10K hunt. This basically devalues the elephants. Elephants are big and destructive critters so it's hard to justify keeping them around for $5-10K. European hunters will still hunt and pay the big price because theycan transport. But that isn't a huge part of the clients.

In the areas where hunting is banned the jumbos are gone. When the elephant has no "Legal" value then no one cares and if no one cares no one is watching and when no one is watching then poachers take them for their "Illegal value".

11-Apr-14
Love to talk to one of those folks face to face.

Only two phrases.

1) Why???

after their response...

2) You know that's not true.

repeat as necessary....

Lying PsOS. I know it. And they know it. I just don't see how they live with it.

11-Apr-14
LINK, there is still one good reason to " reach across the aisle ". To slap hell out of a liberal !

11-Apr-14
Until certain politicians are voted out this type of garbage will continue. They must love all of the in fighting that happens on these sites. We might be our own worst enemy when it comes to hunting. Unfortunately, many folks just sit back and take it without so much as a reach around. Sad to see.

11-Apr-14
Thank a democrat!

11-Apr-14
Start asking all you're hunting buddies how many organizations they belong to that help fight these proposed laws. USSA, SCI, NRA. Less then 20% are members. Sad but true. These organizations need money to pay for these fights. $20-30 a year for anyone isn't a big deal but would sure make a huge dent if we had more guys helping out.

12-Apr-14
Good point Full Cry. Most hunters it seems, just don't want to think about politics- myself included- and most won't get involved until they are directly affected.

Devote $100 a year to these orgs and you do your part- easy!?

13-Apr-14
Well, I guess we all agree on this! It has been time to clean house on both sides of the isle. I say that with all my heart! These guys get voted in and do nothing but spend our money on useless crap to meander to more votes so they stay in power. Bob.

13-Apr-14
Bottom line we need term limits!!!

13-Apr-14
I will add B&C to the list of orgs hunters need to belong to. They are involved in pro-hunting legislation.

I am amazed at how many hunters complain but do little else for the sport.

We need to stop this USFWS direction and get it back on track. Also need to get the ESA and EAJA repaired and working properly.

13-Apr-14

Woods Walker's Link
An administration that would change the mission of NASA to ".....find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering,...", is capable of anything so changing the USFWS should come as no surprise.

Obama hates America, what we are and what we stand for. That should be painfully obvious by now to anyone who's been paying attention.

13-Apr-14
WW- that link is a amazing. I somehow missed that in the news. WTF?

13-Apr-14
From the link: "When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA administrator -- he charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering," Bolden said in the interview.

13-Apr-14
" We need to clean house on both sides of the aisle " Yes, sitting on your dumb Republican ass while the nation goes to hell is almost as bad as being a Liberal Democrat.

" Obama hates America " .....and everything it stands for.......

As stated in the NRA thread, I am a lifer, also an Endowment member, and I just signed up for three years with SCI. I am a member of RMEF also and looking into P&Y. Time to fuel our passions with some dollars !

13-Apr-14
Clean sweep will solve many of the problems created in the past few yeas, BUT.... a lot of the so called Republicans must go as well.

13-Apr-14
JTV, you must have read my list........

13-Apr-14
razorhead, I voted for Walker and support a lot of what he does. But don't be fooled into thinking he is a hunter. That's all photo op stuff to him, Huckabee would be a lot better choice.

14-Apr-14
Obama has 2 1/2 years. We haven't seen anything yet. Remember he controls the departments that write the implementing regulations. He has shown his disdain for our Constitution. He supposedly taught constitutional law. I don't know what he was reading, but it was not the same document that I studied. He will continue to overreach - much, much further than he already has. You will even see the liberal media start to get squeamish at his over reaching. But they will for the most part stay silent. To call him out on it would be racist. Just ask our Attorney General. Obama continues to quietly stack our federal courts with liberal judges who will carry on his liberal agenda long after he leaves office. He knows that the Republicans can't touch him. We need to get Harry Reid out of control of the Senate this fall and let him crawl back under the rock he crawled out from under. That would be a start. Reportedly, the Senate has over 200 bills before it that were legitimately passed by the House. Reid won't bring them up for a vote as he doesn't want the Democrat senators to have to take a position on the record so their constituents will see where they stand on issues. Then we need to take back the white house in 2016. We can't survive another 4 years of a Democrat president. BUT we will need to put the right person in the big white house and maintain control of the congress.

14-Apr-14
Obama sucks but Hillery will be worse . I don't see republicans coming up with anyone to compete . The liberals will just send busses to getto to pick up voters and let the liberals vote as many times as they want. I hope things change but I wont hold my breath! IF we as hunters really want to fight the sorry worthless liberals we need to stick together and fight these worthless bastards together. But that wont happen because we the hunters are to divided and there are to many nit pickers . We have to stop worring about little stuff like what weapon you hunt with and stick together . After seeing why someone wouldn't join NRA just because they don't have anything against cross bows it makes me sad . People would rather let the liberals walk all over us rather than vote with someone that uses cross bow and loves hunting also !

14-Apr-14
Woods Walker hit the NAIL dead center, to somewhere far from the USA FOR OBAMA AND THE LIBERALS HE RODE IN ON, and that is saying it in a nice way!

14-Apr-14
Pat,

That will be true if we can get them out of power. It's a well known fact the the winners get to write the history books,

Carl

14-Apr-14
History books don't have much credibility today and democrats and their unions own education ( note plummeting scores). Future history books as far as the ones in school will not tell the truth about the historic first black president.

14-Apr-14
"WW- that link is a amazing. I somehow missed that in the news. WTF?"

That's why I posted a link. If I had just said what was in the report no one would have believed me, maybe myself in cluded!

WTF indeed. You can't make this stuff up!

14-Apr-14
NRA, RMEF, P&Y, all great organizations and I usually am a member of all but the only one of those with political horsepower is the NRA- and they focus on gun rights.

I looked hard at which one has the most horsepower to defend hunting rights at the levels of gov that matters most and SCI is it, they focus on Sportsmen/hunting.

• Sitka Gear