Windwalker 14-Apr-14
Knife2sharp 14-Apr-14
Dan Mallia 14-Apr-14
Hammer 15-Apr-14
Bowfreak 15-Apr-14
Drahthaar 15-Apr-14
Knife2sharp 18-Apr-14
14-Apr-14
opening day found the toms pretty much henned up, I have had great success just using the DSD jake and a few dsd hen decoys but this week end the toms acted like my jake was invisible, the Hens, followed by the tom passed by several times at less than 40 yards but would not even give the jake a look, I am wondering if maybe a big tom decoy might have made the difference.

14-Apr-14
I always have better action when I have a jake in stutter pose. I believe the dominate toms regard them as a threat.

14-Apr-14
I've had great luck with the Promos strutters and I hunt public land. I do have an Avian X rotating stake, but haven't used it yet. My buddy was in NE last year and said it made a huge difference when gobblers hung up on him.

14-Apr-14

Dan Mallia's embedded Photo
Dan Mallia's embedded Photo
I killed this bird last weekend. I'd thrown the kitchen sink at him in regards to DSD decoys but he would just hang up. I put the strutter out this weekend and when he saw it he came jogging in.

That bird tolerated the jake decoy. Didn't care about the hens. But that strutter was on his turf........

15-Apr-14
Strutting Tom or Jake and a laying hen work like a charm for the 2 years I have hunted turkeys.

15-Apr-14
I would try the strutter. I have had huge success with pretty boy. I have used it in conjunction with a breeding hen or alone. I think birds respond to it as well as my Dakota Jake and typically when they come in they are not as enraged as they are when approaching the Jake....making them easier to shoot as they tend to size up the strutter versus just whipping the stuffins out of the Jake.

15-Apr-14
how about both, Jake half strut & strutter & hen. I see this in the fields alot. Forrest

18-Apr-14

Knife2sharp's embedded Photo
Knife2sharp's embedded Photo
I just finished this modified Thunder Chicken for Turkey Reaping.

• Sitka Gear