RK 15-Apr-14
Buffalo1 15-Apr-14
CWeeks 16-Apr-14
bowriter 16-Apr-14
Deacon Dave 17-Apr-14
Huntcell 17-Apr-14
loprofile 18-Apr-14
14-Apr-14
Wondering if anybody has ever attended this event in Birmingham, AL? Next event will be in July, 2014.

What was your impression of the event?

15-Apr-14
This is suppose to be the greatest Whitetail Deer show on earth. Can't believe no one has ever attended.

15-Apr-14
I never been to an expo.. imvnot divorsed.

15-Apr-14
" imvnot divorsed"- Can someone please translate?

15-Apr-14
I'm not divorced? lol

15-Apr-14
What does marital status have to do with attending a whitetail deer expo?

Obviously TBM you have never attended or you would have responded in a sensible manner. You once stated that you had only been out of state twice- once when you went to Mobile and another time when you went to Birmingham. Thought you may have attended this event the time when you went to Birmingham.

Really seeking some serious answers on this event. Looking at possibly attending this event. Cannot find anyone locally who has attended the event to get some first-hand input.

Thanks

15-Apr-14
I have lived in Birmingham the past three years and haven't heard of it. Although I have admittedly spent summers elsewhere (KY and NM). I'll be in town this July though so I'd be interested in going if the dates work out.

15-Apr-14

Buffalo1's Link
July, 18-20, 2014 Birmingham, AL BJCC

Looking to put a golf outing together with frat brothers in Nashville or a RTJ course in Ala then meet hunting buddies in B'ham to attend Expo. Could be a fun week.

15-Apr-14
Buffalo 1

I have a lot of experience with this show.

First of all as an exhibitor. Last time we did the show was three years ago. Results were about the same on new bookings 0, zero, none. Obviously we were not selling what people were looking for. We did however spend the days seeing old clients from the area, etc. So it was not bad at all.

Secondly from an attendees point of view. The show is ok.

Not really the Worlds Expo on anything

It is a decent "summer" show for those people that want to go. There are some things to see but not a lot of product to buy, and very little in the archery line. There were some deals on Costa Sun Glasses and a few gadgets that were ok.

In general it is not a Bad way to spend a few hours killing time and taking in the sights available during the dog days of summer.

Planning a golf trip and then killing a few hours at the show is not a bad plan. Just dont expect too much from the show.

The hotel attached to the show is the Birmingham Sheraton and it is nice and is connected to the show via a walkway that keeps you out of the heat.

I would not suggest driving a long way to go to it and expecting a lot from the show. It is not as good as most of the winter shows in the northeast. The last time we did the show there were some outlaw outfitters there but then again they are at every show.

In summary, it is an ok outing for a day with no expectations of greatness. Or a late afternoon and evening event to kill some time. I have been to much worse, but it does not really qualify as a World event.

Hope that helped some, if you want more info PM me.

RK

15-Apr-14
RK,

Thanks for a good and concise overview of the show. Your comments and info is greatly appreciated.

16-Apr-14
I'll confirm what RK said, and that is from an attendee viewpoint.

16-Apr-14
Show has been around a long time. As deer shows go, it is about average. I have worked it several times in years past.

17-Apr-14
TBM, I have attended several times and I'm not divorced. We have just celebrated our 49 anniversary. When I was younger I would attend anything that had to do with hunting. The last few times were a big let down. It is usually very crowded. The best thing about the expo was that you would run into old friends that you have not seen in years. I doubt that I will ever attend another, unless my grandson ask me to take him.

17-Apr-14
Don't mind t b m he just miffed they didn't invite the greatest turkey slayer of all time to give ALL the turkey seminars. Oh they did now he's double miffed! Or is that muffed since he's not d-i-v-o-r-c-e

18-Apr-14
IMO, deer shows are like hunting magazines. There is rarely anything new in them but I still keep looking. The Birmingham show is about like any other large hunting show with a lot of vendors selling a lot of products for about the same price you can pay in stores or online.

• Sitka Gear