BB 16-Apr-14
midwest 16-Apr-14
Jack Harris 16-Apr-14
BB 16-Apr-14
elkmtngear 16-Apr-14
Jaquomo 17-Apr-14
14-Apr-14
Bill,

Great pictures of a coyote killing an elk calf.

14-Apr-14
When did you get your new mag?

15-Apr-14
Can I just purchase a copy if this edition online? We don't have this magazine on the shelf locally.

15-Apr-14
I got my yesterday.

Mark you have to subscribe . Talk to Corey he may be able to work something out or once I get done with mine I can send it to you.

15-Apr-14
Thanks Craig. Bill had told me about his pictures of the coyote. I can't wait to see them. I might take you up on that offer.

15-Apr-14
Got my issue today...great pics, Bill!

15-Apr-14
So now I have to subscribe to another mag just to see more BB pics. It ain't fair !

16-Apr-14

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
I would like to thank Corey for publishing those photos of a once in many lifetime happenings.

One can talk about both sides of luck all he wants, but it does play a big part, one way or the other in one's life or even ones death.

The afternoon this event happened, I was driving down a road feeling sorry for myself, as getting a decent coyote photo for me had been my Achilles heal. Then all of a sudden I see a coyote go into a small strip of trees. I drive to its end, jump out and hurry as best I could, to its far end, hoping to get a photo or two, of the coyote. But to my surprise, the coyote turned towards me and headed right at me, as I shot his photo, over and over again. At 30 yards and still coming, I thought for sure he was after me. I am not afraid of dogs and I had waited far too long for some decent coyote photos, so I just kept shooting and low and behold, at about 20 yards, the coyote killed a newborn elk calf. right there in front of me. It was a once in many lifetime happening for me, and sadly a one time happening for the calf elk.

I will post one of the photos I took, of the hundreds I shot that day, of that event. But I hope for Corey's sake and for Extreme Elk Magazine you will consider subscribing, or at the very least, picking up a copy from a store. It's one thing to see a staged event like many video shoots do, but to actually have it unveil, right there in front of you, is very moving and most rare. So pick up a copy and see what this coyote does, right there in front of me and my camera. I think you will be amazed! And if they can kill a calf elk, about equal to their size, think what they are doing to your whitetail and mule deer newborns!

Have a great bow hunt. BB

16-Apr-14
That is one pretty coyote. A very pale color which would likely bring top fur $.

16-Apr-14
Holy cow BB ! That is a phenominal story. Thanks for sharing.

16-Apr-14
Here's one I have in photo bucket, so it should post a bit bigger.

photo 29.jpg

Have a great bow hunt. BB

16-Apr-14
Amazing story Bill, and a great capture! That is truly the expression of a focused predator!

Best of Luck, Jeff

17-Apr-14
Just got around to mine last night (us old retired guys move a little slower). Amazing opportunity of a lifetime, Bill, and thanks for sharing it with us!

• Sitka Gear