Phydous 19-Apr-14
llamapacker 19-Apr-14
bowonly 28-Apr-14
CCOVEY 29-Apr-14
Bowfreak 29-Apr-14
Pintail 29-Apr-14
Animal Killer 30-Apr-14
15-Apr-14
I have an '09 GT500, and I fought tuning and hence broadhead problems for years due to the well documented cam spacing problem on this bow. I'm mentally done with this bow and will replace it this year. I swore I would never shoot another Elite bow, but after shooting the Energy 35 (along with several Hoyt bows), I REALLY like the way the Energy 35 shoots. Has Elite solved its tuning problems? Is Elite worth another chance?

Thanks, Jeff

16-Apr-14
My 35 was very very easy to bh tune. I first paper tuned with a fletched arrow until i got a perfect bullet hole (5-6 shots) then paper tuned with a bare shaft until i got consecutive bullet holes (6-8 shots). The shot both fp and fixed head bh and they hit together out to 60. Id say its tuned.

16-Apr-14
I'd never tuned a bow before in my life but had my 2012 Elite Answer shooting broadheads and fieldpoints to the same point out to as far as my slider sight would go after only a couple of hours. Over a year later and I haven't had to touch a thing on it. I sure wouldn't hesitate to get another.

16-Apr-14
I have the 2012 Answer as well & love it.

16-Apr-14
I have the elite answer. got it in dec of 2011. never had any trouble with tuning at all. the best bow I have ever shot. Forrest

16-Apr-14
I don't know anybody who has them that has an issue? Most are shooting "Hunter" models 2-3yrs old. And a few Energy's. They all rave about them.

16-Apr-14
I just cant commit 1000 dollars to a small bow company. The waters are just too unstable and over saturated. Never found anything out there I couldn't find also in Mathews, Hoyt or PSE and they are time tested, reliable, able to fix issues and warranty honoring companies. With small bow companies, the problem is generally not the product for long....its the inability to provide extended decent customer / technical service that sinks'em. If you buy another Elite bow after the problem you had.....shame on you this time.....

16-Apr-14
I sold a bunch of 09 Gt500's, never had any problems tuning them. In fact the two track binary makes tuning a walk in the park compared to the three track Bowtech version.

My son still shoots his 09 GT500. By "well documented" do you mean a half dozen AT fanboys?

16-Apr-14
Small bow company???? Thats kinda funny, though that may not be as big as the 3 mentioned, but then again growth takes time.

They have their own TV show also. Sounds like someone has an AX to grind. BTW......... I don't own an Elite.

16-Apr-14
I did not think tuning was the big issue for Elite. :)

16-Apr-14
I never had any problems tuning my 09 GT and if I still shot or ever bought another compound it would be an Elite! And if you really want to talk warranties, they have the best!

16-Apr-14
Boothill, you obviously don't know much about Elite bows. The ones I have shot all shoot great. As for customer service. Well I think its the best in the business. Lifetime transferable warranty, there hunt guarantee are all great. I have had zero issues with them making things right. As for tuning goes I think every bow company has a bow every now and then that is difficult to tune.

16-Apr-14
fulldraw...thanks for setting me straight.....email me in 5 years, we'll see what Elite is doing......or who's doing Elite.....:)

16-Apr-14
Boy I had to shim cams, flip limbs, and go to a bent rod to get my GT500 half way decent. Still loud compared to what I shoot now.

17-Apr-14
WOW....Where do you start? I've owned HOYT, Darton, PSE, Alpine, Proline, Jennings...and have known several folks with Mathews over the years that have cracked limbs. As a matter of fact, the ONLY "old" bow manufacturer I have never seen a cracked limb from....are the newer Bears?

Each bow manufacturer has a tweak or two out of the ordinary that is needed to really tune many of their bows. As for new bow companies? I clearly remember when "Mathews" broke on the scene. Long after many well established manufacturers were trucking along just fine. I distinctly remember 5-6yrs ago a particular mathews bow derailing from hand torque. Witnessed it myself. Sound like a design flaw from a new company to you? Or shooter error? Mathews claimed shooter arror. LMAO!

Just bought a Quest Drive last week. It was down to the Drive, and an Elite. Why? They shot as nice as anything else out there (And I shot A LOT of setups), and both had nicer draw cycles in my opinion. I went to the Drive because it was the smoothest in my opinion. But I should worry about Quest being new? Doubt G5 is going anywhere. As are Elite, judging by their following.

If you're around for any substantial amount of time you will see all of them struggle with "innovations". And they all end up with "lemons" hanging in a proshop.

Some folks just cannot stand when "their" best bow is not picked. LOL. I see it most often from Mathews shooters. :)

17-Apr-14
Rlong....you brought a point I forgot about. I have never heard of any major problems with the Bear Jennings limbs since way back. Im sure some occurred, but by and large, I owned a bunch...never a problem limb wise and Ive never known anyone to have a problem with their limbs. Good point.......and very good limbs.....think they were/are called ??? I cant remember.....

18-Apr-14
Boothill, insinuating that Elite will have warranty issues is laughable. They have the best damn warranty in the bow industry. Google it, you might learn something. No I don't shoot Elite, but I have owned 3. Great bows, I just have trouble with the grip.

18-Apr-14
I was going to use an Elite GT500 in Africa....that's how much I trusted it....even though my primary bow for the last 13 years has been a Mathews......

18-Apr-14
what Im saying Rut is that if some suit doesn't make the right amount of $ on something, and decides to just throw in the towel.....it leaves you stranded......that "swell" warranty you're so enamored with at that point isn't worth a pint of piss. take a look at the economical world we live in and perhaps you will learn something....

18-Apr-14
You can say that about any bow company or any company period there boot hill. Heck some suit might decide to retire. Pete Shepply retired once and PSE fell way behind the other bow companies. He said it himself that's why he unretired.

For the record OP Elite bows tune easily these days.

18-Apr-14
Wow,

Open mouth, insert foot. (or should I say "Boot")

19-Apr-14
My elites tuned fine, I had 4 of them, starting with the E500(my bro inlaw has it now and its still tuned) Its hard to get rid of cam lean on elites, but I have found they shoot and tune just fine with cam lean. My buddy has a bowtech gardian and the cams lean so bad that it looks like its going to de-rail, his bow tuned so easily!

IMO there are much better bows out there right now, like the Dartons and the Mathews chillr!

19-Apr-14

CCH's Link

19-Apr-14
I have a 2013 Answer and I really like it so far. No tuning issues in the time I've had it.

19-Apr-14
A bogus premise in the original post. Elite bows tune very easily, and stay tuned. I started with a GT500, which I loved. Tried new Hoyt and Matthews, and always went back to my GT500. Finally relegated the GT500 to back up status when I bought an Elite Answer. An absolutely wonderful hunting bow. I still shoot the GT500 occasionally, but can't believe how well I shoot the Answer. I keep hearing the Energy is even better, but afraid to try it or I might own my third Elite. Bill

28-Apr-14
boothill i will email you in 5 years and you will probally be shooting an elite by then.n Ive always been the kind of guy to patronize the small business man boothill but im guessing you go to the big boxstore instesd of your local archery dealer. I shot mthews my whole life until i shot an elite. have never had any tuning problems with mine IMO its the best bow i have ever owned but i dont believe gander mountain or cabelas or scheels handle them so you probally wont be able to try one boothill

29-Apr-14
There is a video on Rokslide and AT where a guy is shooting a bare shaft out of a new Energy 32 out to 60 yards. Its touching his fletched arrow. I dont own one but that leads me to believe there isnt a tuning issue. Cody

29-Apr-14
I am not crazy about the grip on Elite bows but Elite as a company is not going anywhere. They have a very nice financial backing and if any of the smaller bow companies join the ranks of the big dogs it will most definitely be Elite. It takes money to make money and they have financial backing.

29-Apr-14
I currently own a '11 Tour and '11 Pure. Bought both used and had no problems with tuning either. Elite has great customer service and very good equipment. I have also found over the years there is good and bad designs with every company. The real value is a company that sticks to certain designs that allows you to keep your current model performing.

30-Apr-14
my e35 was tuned within a couple arrows. easy to tune and am shooting broadheads out to 50 with just the easy paper tuning i did with it.

• Sitka Gear