Mr_steve 16-Apr-14
Blue Buck III 16-Apr-14
midwest 16-Apr-14
Delmag1942 16-Apr-14
LaughingWater 16-Apr-14
Fulldraw1972 16-Apr-14
LIBuck 18-Apr-14
16-Apr-14
Its probably too late for this year, but I'm curious what - if any - spring hunt opportunities exist in the Kansas City (MO), Omaha (NE), Des Moines (IA) area.

I'm heading out to Omaha by way of Des Moines for the Berkshire Hathaway meeting, and it occurs to me that there is probably some good spring turkey and possibly even hog hunting out that way?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Any other bowsiters heading to the meeting? Maybe next year we can arrange to meet up for a quick turkey shoot?

16-Apr-14
I'm headed out to KC, MO at the end of this week. A guy I'm working with said that a spring turkey tag is around $200 for Missouri. Pretty steep for a turkey.

16-Apr-14
I live in Omaha. When will you be in town?

16-Apr-14
No pigs but there are turkeys.

16-Apr-14
Going to cost you over $200 for NR turkey in IA.

Lots of hog confinements, tho! ;-)

16-Apr-14
Kansas...........$125 for 2 birds

16-Apr-14
Mr_steve, i'm coming in on Friday May 2nd, and leaving Sunday May 4th. Just a quick stop for the Berkshire Hathaway meeting, but thought it might be interesting to see what the local opportunities are for next year's trip!

Seems like IA and MO (KC and Des Moines are next closest airports to Omaha and a heck of a lot cheaper to fly there) are pretty steep for turkeys, but I don't get any turkeys (the kind with feathers anyway) where I am in NY so might have to look into it next year.

16-Apr-14
I hunt SE Ne for turkeys. There are plenty of birds around. Non resident Turkey tags are $91 plus $20 habitat stamp. You can buy 3 tags.

18-Apr-14
thanks fulldraw. i'll have to look into it

• Sitka Gear