razorsharp 19-Apr-14
Bear Track 19-Apr-14
Buffalo1 19-Apr-14
Neubauer 19-Apr-14
Tilzbow 19-Apr-14
#1BEAR 22-Apr-14
Viking 22-Apr-14
17-Apr-14
Excluding the obvious(bows, arrows, etc) what's the most useful piece of hunting equipment you've purchased this year?

Mine would have to be my Garmin Oregon GPS. It's allowed me to take my scouting off the beaten trails, mark choke points and potential stand locations. Hope it pays dividends this Fall.

17-Apr-14

Russell 's embedded Photo
Russell 's embedded Photo
Best piece of equipment has to be my 3' x 4' target that I built. Shooting small diameter arrow with outserts and my traditional bag target did not work out well.

17-Apr-14
http://www.cabelas.ca/product/45340/cabelas-uninsulated-ultralight-hunter-boots-by-meindl

These boots, thought they would be like most made in china crap but nope, best boots I own, and I have expensive Lowa's and Meindl's, and have had the best danner makes as well. You want a boot that requires not break in and is super light this is it!

17-Apr-14
The best piece of equipment I bought this year was a bow for my 14 year old son. Hopefully he gets a chance with it this fall. It would make my year if he killed a deer for sure. I found him a used Diamond Black Ice, 50 pounder.

17-Apr-14

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Havalon knives, have the large and small versions. But I doubt the company would want me as a product photographer...

17-Apr-14
Rob, I have a Havalon and agree that they're awesome. Is that moose poo under the knife. Quite a load;)

17-Apr-14
All the Core4Element clothes i bought on sale on Camofire. Very impressed so far.

17-Apr-14
Those havalon knives are amazing, they flat out work no matter what kind of sh** you get them into...

17-Apr-14
I was affraid for a second. I'm glad it was the knife that you bought.

17-Apr-14
Just purchased yesterday, a pair of 10X42 Vortex binoculars.

17-Apr-14
Recently purchased the 12ft. extending pole saw from Wicked Tree Gear. Been holding off because most people think $200. is a bit much for a manual pole saw, but I needed it and there's nothing else on the market that compares to it (tried the Hooyman and broke it the first time I used it). Impressed with the Wicked.

17-Apr-14

Hollywood's Link
Since I've purchased almost nothing, by default, it's the safety-light bino harness from Rick Young Outdoors.

When the product first came out, I was like, "What a piece of $#@%!" But then Rick came into my booth at the Sheep Show and gave me the 1x1 sales pitch and let me handle the product and I caved and bought one. I'd say it's an improvement over the previously existing bino harness designs.

..and any time you add a whistle to something, I'm on board.

17-Apr-14
A new pair of Muck boots. My old ones had seen better days.

17-Apr-14
Muck Arctic Pro boots.

Possibly the best purchase in several years!

17-Apr-14
Nikon Archers Choice Rangefinder...a great piece of kit (and a great bargain from Camofire as well)

17-Apr-14

SoDakSooner's embedded Photo
SoDakSooner's embedded Photo
My Havalon Piranta, Kuiu Icon 1850, or the Bugling Bull Temptress

17-Apr-14
Nothing too amazing this year, but my Crispi Idaho boots I bought last year are probably one of my all time best purchases next to my glass i have bought.

17-Apr-14
I bought a Silky Hayauchu pole saw. Expensive but very very worth it

17-Apr-14
I've bought so much stuff this year...have to do a top 4

Lowa Tibets GTX

Kifaru Nomad

Havalon Knife

Delorme InReach

17-Apr-14
In all seriousness... Lowa Tibets GTX and Vortex Viper HD 10x42 Binos nestled into a Kuiu harness are hands down my best purchases. Should get a LOT of use out of both over the next couple years.

17-Apr-14
FHF bino harness.

Epson large format printer. Now I can print all the 7.5 minute quadrangle maps I could ever want, right at home.

17-Apr-14
Dakota jake decoy

17-Apr-14
I see that outdoor edge has a disposable blade knife now. Not sure how it compares.

I have issues of my havalon popping the blades off. Probably operator error, though.

17-Apr-14
KUIU Yukon jacket. It's been a monsoon this year and I've been using it just about every other day, dozens of hunts as well. It was a giant leap of faith for me to order it up cuz it's not cheap. Awesome gear. I'm on the hunt for the pants now.

17-Apr-14
Well, my good friend "sold" me his 3 year old single cam Mathews with a Rip Cord drop away rest and Spot Hogg sight for $100.

Not a bad purchase at all!

Other than that I purchased a pair of Mountain Pants by Sitka for 190$. I wore them turkey hunting and now looking forward to elk season.

My best, Paul

17-Apr-14
A hinge release. I have never seen anything make such a huge improvement to my shooting.

17-Apr-14
this thread has some serious pocket book hurting potential

17-Apr-14
A brand new pair of Muck Woody Max for $70.

17-Apr-14

TREESTANDWOLF's MOBILE embedded Photo
TREESTANDWOLF's MOBILE embedded Photo

Range Snap range finder clip holder. By far with minimal movement, this little accessory is fantastic.

17-Apr-14
Love my Tight Spot Quiver. No more arrows falling out for me.

18-Apr-14
Sitka gloves; inexpensive pair, but grrat fit and work fine for most of bow season!

>>>>-------->

18-Apr-14
Grizzly Razor edge sharpening system.

its a paper where sharpening system. I've actually had it a couple years, but in a matter of minutes I can make a butter knife put that havalon to shame.

18-Apr-14
I have 2:

1) I purchased an APX PrimaLoft vest on discount at the sporting goods store in town. Made a difference this year on my elk hunt and my fall deer hunting.

2) I had be struggling with consistant shooting with my short hoyt maxxis bow so I purchased a 34 inch 2013 Hoyt spyder turbo...draws smooth, fits my way of anchoring.

18-Apr-14
My 2nd Bowtech Insanity CPXL. I now have identical twin bows only one is camo the other black.

18-Apr-14
My 2nd Bowtech Insanity CPXL. I now have identical twin bows only one is camo the other black.

18-Apr-14
Nutin - I've got too much stuff already. But I'll be getting back on the horse soon.

18-Apr-14
Work Sharp - Ken Onion Edition - $89.00 at Cabela's in the bargain cave - it works great!

18-Apr-14
I also got some kind of a dropaway rest and reall like so far. I really think it helps with penetration over the wb

18-Apr-14
Kifaru T1 pack hands down.

18-Apr-14
A plastic three legged portable toilet seat to keep in the back of the truck. Priceless on those dark drives out to your hunting spot early in the morning when you have a deer in headlights moment minus the actual deer.

19-Apr-14
Spot hogg tommy hogg sight

19-Apr-14

BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
My Stalker Coyote longbow... a work of art... Ed F

19-Apr-14
My Ziess spotting scope from a fellow bowsiter. Will be used in Colorado on a mule deer hunt

19-Apr-14
I have 2. After trying to find the right pack recently got a stone glacier sky 5100 and it's the one. Also got back country's hadron 850 down puffy the other day and man that thing is warm and light at a great price. Won't even know its in my pack.

19-Apr-14
Only one thing purchased so far this year. Got a Work Sharp for my birthday.

19-Apr-14
Just fitted a new Rubicon with monster lug tires for bear camp, and a minty 15 year old Statocaster for bear camp too.

19-Apr-14
Last year was my big year. A Kifaru T2, QAD drop away, FMJ arrows, MBG ascent ambush sight. This year will be VPA broad heads and hopefully new boots. Looking at the Crispi Idaho

19-Apr-14

19-Apr-14
You play guitar, Ron?

19-Apr-14
Sitka stratus jacket (wear it 90% of the year), '59 kodiak, shoot it more than my much loved tall tines now, lone wolf climbing sticks.

19-Apr-14
Picked up the Sitka whitetail fanatic set last year. Great stuff!

19-Apr-14
Another Destroyer 340, like new...Being a 'Lefty' pays!

19-Apr-14
Hoyt factor 30 and a tight spot quiver, b stinger stabilizer.

19-Apr-14
Try Midwest, trying.

I've got For what it's worth by Buffalo Springfield down though.

19-Apr-14
Bought 6 Woodsmen Elite BH "on sale" from 3 Rivers Archery.

19-Apr-14
Spott Hogg Hogg father and a bunch of Sitka Gear

19-Apr-14
A book titled "idiot Proof Archery" by Bernie Pellerite. I'm proof of the title since it helped me cure target panic and I'm currently shooting 10" 100 yard groups with room for improvement!

The second best purchase was a Carter release with a super heavy trigger that's enabled me to develop a surprise release with instruction from the book.

22-Apr-14
Outdoor Edge Swing-blade knives for my camp-mates. I got one as a gift 18 months ago and to me there is no better "on the mountain" elk butchering knife in the world! So, my Christmas gift to them was one of their own.....

22-Apr-14
Well, I hope some of these will be Viking products next year! Check out all of our 2014 product line at www.vikingsl.com - (we're a Bowsite sponsor)- we have new stuff that will make using all of these new knives I see on here easier to use...we're also giving away a KwikHoist if you'll register on our FB page. And BTW, my best purchase this year was one of our High Tail products (really I just took it out of the warehouse!)

• Sitka Gear