J.P. Rich 18-Apr-14
midwest 19-Apr-14
JB 19-Apr-14
JW 19-Apr-14
bigswivle 19-Apr-14
bowhntr 20-Apr-14
Mad Trapper 21-Apr-14
17-Apr-14
Who on here uses a thumb release for hunting? Is there really a big advantage to it? Thanks

17-Apr-14
I use a tru ball pro diamond. I feel like it helps to keep me from punching the trigger as much.

17-Apr-14

x-man's embedded Photo
x-man's embedded Photo
Yup, I have several of these. They're only $45

17-Apr-14
Thanks!! That's a great deal! Only $45! The ones I've been looking at are like $200 lol

17-Apr-14
I use a tru fire thumb release, they're about $80.

17-Apr-14
I use the tru fire 3d hunter I love it I feel like I get a better anchor and it helps you shoot correctly most people monkey punch there wrist release but the correct way is to apply pressure and use your back to set the trigger off same thing applys to a thumb. you wont regret it plus if you treestand hunt put it on loop and its there when you need to shoot

18-Apr-14

Ace of Spades's embedded Photo
Ace of Spades's embedded Photo
I got a Carter thumb release last year. I felt like it helped my form and accuracy to an extent but was harder to use in hunting situations. I ended up shooting an 8 point whitetail with it. I'll be hunting with it again this year.

Josh

18-Apr-14
I used the T.R.U Ball Chappy Boss. I love it.

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/t-r-u-ball-chappy-boss-release.html

18-Apr-14

Bowboy's Link
I've used a thumb release for quite a few years. I currently use a Carter Ember 1.

I've been looking at the Ringer release see attached link.

18-Apr-14
Thanks Bowboy, I was going to call you about that release.

I use a thumb release for hunting for the same reason as dmann. I have a tru-ball now but will probably be using the release in Bowboy's link this fall.

18-Apr-14
Just started using a Stans SX2 about a month ago. Pricey but beautifully made, very adjustable and has a very clean break. As previously stated, keeps you from punching the trigger.

19-Apr-14
That's a very interesting looking release, Craig.

19-Apr-14
Started using a thumb release 2 years ago. Was struggling to get a release that felt like it fit me right. I think it was more of a problem of my target panic. Figured what the hell - try the thumb release. For me, it worked. The thumb release seemed to fit in my hand better and that helped me in my efforts to overcome the target panic. I am pretty sure that it is like my golf game (which sucks frequently) and a new club. If it feels right, it works better.

19-Apr-14
X2 on the Stan SX2. All I shoot. 3d, indoor and hunting.

19-Apr-14
Switched to a thumb release four years ago. Unreal what it did for my accuracy. It's just about being comfortable. Kind of a pain in the arse to hunt with, you'll forget it when it's not strapped to your wrist. I've got a couple of extras just in case.

20-Apr-14
I switched two years ago and immediately noticed a difference in my shooting. Sane ad everyone else helped me keep from punching the trigger. Mine had a wrist strap but if I'm blind hunting i take it off and just keep it clipped onto the bow.

21-Apr-14
I am intrigued by the Ringer release based on the video. Can't seem to find anything on the Stan X2 other then they are for sale about everywhere. I understand that Stan has always made great reliable releases, but was wondering why you guys like the X2.

• Sitka Gear