Mt. man 21-Apr-14
Mark Watkins 21-Apr-14
GhostBird 21-Apr-14
Brotsky 21-Apr-14
Ziek 22-Apr-14
17-Apr-14

Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo
My beautiful wife let her Bowtech Carbon Rose throw a thorn on opening day. Oh wait it wasn't a thorn is was a Carbon Express Arrow with a VPA SPUR turkey killin broadhead. Congrats babe! Zero tracking job as he never took another step.

17-Apr-14
A real beauty! And nice gobbler too,

17-Apr-14
Nice

17-Apr-14
Nice work Kami!! Sharp looking bow too!

17-Apr-14
Great Pic--Congrats

17-Apr-14
Awesome!! Congrats to her. Whats her draw weight, arrow weight, and did bh pass thru or shikabob the bird? Im curious of the results

17-Apr-14
Congrats!

17-Apr-14
Congratulations, good family outing!

17-Apr-14
Congrats to her and to you! Give us some details on her set-up and broadhead performance please. Trying to find a turkey killing set-up for my little lady. Her current set-up gets the job done but 85 gr slick tricks leaves me with a little more tracking than I like on turkeys.

17-Apr-14
Congrats!

17-Apr-14
Congrats to Kami. Way to go guys. HUNT

17-Apr-14
Congrats on your turkey !

17-Apr-14
congrats

17-Apr-14
Good stuff. Congrats

17-Apr-14
Fantastic !!!!

17-Apr-14
Very, very nice! I recognize that bow also (Bowtech Carbon Rose), just bought my wife one back in February.

Congratulations!

18-Apr-14
Awesome!!!! Oh, by the way, that's also the first reported turkey killed with a VPA SPUR by a female!! Congrats Kami!!

21-Apr-14
Hey Guys, Thanks for the positive comments. RAY that is great. I'll let her know.

Her setup:

1. Bowtech Carbon Rose 24" draw & 45 lbs.

2. Carbon Express Predator II 45/60# cut to 26".

3. VPA SPUR 100gr. head.

4. Copper John Sights, Rip Cord Code Red rest and B-stinger stabilizer.

21-Apr-14
Also, forgot to answer. She did not pass clear thru. She waited for the bird to strut with his back to us and put her pin about an inch or so above the texas heart shot ring. The SPUR performed perfect and broke his spine right at the top of the hips and then into the chest cavity. Pulled the SPUR out and it is ready to rock another birds world with no damage. Those VPA's are tough!

21-Apr-14
Congrats!

Mark

21-Apr-14
Congratulations!

21-Apr-14
Thanks for sharing her set-up! I love seeing the ladies out there getting it done!

22-Apr-14
Congrats! Having your wife as a hunting partner adds immeasurably to your hunting adventures.

I'm a huge fan of VPA heads. Both my wife and I use them (150 for me and 125 for my wife, both unvented). However, I would be very leery of using the Spur for turkeys, especially with a light set-up. For the shot she had, it obviously worked, hitting the spine where it's close to the surface. But if she had to shoot through wing feathers, I wouldn't be surprised if it just bounced off. Penetration limiting designs just aren't a good choice for turkeys, especially with low poundage bows. If you decide to stick with them, I'd be interested to know of future results.

• Sitka Gear