nvgoat 06-May-14
RLong 07-May-14
lvnfulldraw 21-Nov-14
WYelkhunter 22-Nov-14
Vermonster 22-Nov-14
lvnfulldraw 24-Nov-14
CurveBow 24-Nov-14
06-May-14
I love Quikspins but they need to be fletched either straight or slight offset as per directions from NAP. They are not designed for helical.

I have had great success using an Arizona ez fletch (not the small helical one designed for Blazer vanes). Don't see the reason for using a wrap other than cosmetic.

06-May-14
Bloodtrail, I have tried to shoot the NAP quickspin quickfletch shrink wraps twice. They were excellent at arrow (especially FBBH) stabilization. However, I had the same issues with vanes breaking or peeling off...especially if it was colder than say about 30 degrees.

The AZ Mini does a great job at fletching 2" vanes with a strong right helical providing arrow stabilization. The only way a vane comes off is if it gets cut by a FBBH. then just peel off the entire wrap, including the good remaining vanes and start over. I just did it last night to 4 arrows.....took me about 30 minutes total.

If I am fletching a vane longer than 2 1/4" (which is very rare), than I am back to the Bitz....much slower but precise.

Good luck! Mark

06-May-14
One point I missed....

Two reasons for using the wrap: 1: Vanes adhere better (IMHO) 2: I use a white wrap, so that I can easily determine the color of the blood to determine how soon to take up the bloodtrail.

Mark

06-May-14
Using the AAE Fastset glue, FMJ arrows, and no wraps, the only way to get my Quikspin vanes off is with a knife. They never fall off even after years.

06-May-14
BTW, I have no problem with wraps, I just don't use them. Different strokes.....

07-May-14
I have not used the Quikspin shrinks, but have used the NAP shrink fletch with blazers. I have had a few lose vanes. I have never lost a vane on the Blazer brand shrink fletch. Most of my arrows are done with wraps and glued blazers. A bit more durable I think. Not as easy to refletch though. Only drawback I have found with shrink wrap fletching, is on solid stops,tree, target butt, etc....They tend to slide forward a 1/4"-1/2". They still shoot fine....but its irritating.

21-Nov-14

lvnfulldraw's embedded Photo
lvnfulldraw's embedded Photo
I have used glue-on NAP Quickspin ST vanes for years and they've been great until recently. I could not find the vanes with 'ST' printed on them so I went with the Quickspin NON-ST's. They're great, IN FLIGHT. Anything outside of that and they'll come apart, like riding in the car or getting bumped on brush. I emailed NAP to try and get the ST's...no response. I called NAP and the operator with a foreign accent said they don't have them anymore. After seeing a video of Blazers getting shot through a piece of wood and coming out the other side fine I'm going to give them a try.

22-Nov-14
I have been using the nap quickfletch with quickspins for about 3 years now. I have maybe had 2 fletching come off the shrink wrap and maybe 3 shrink wraps crack and need replaced. I am very happy with them and don't see myself going any other way.

22-Nov-14
I have used the Quick spins for a long time with no issues. I was told when I first started using them that once they dry, apply a small dab a fletching glue to the front of the vane. Never had one fall off.

24-Nov-14
I bought and painstakingly fletched these on this August right before the season. I have some arrows that are more than 5 years old and still have the Quickspin ST's on them. These non-ST's don't hold up at all. I'm down to 2 shootable arrows from 12. Maybe I got a bad batch.

24-Nov-14
Stop using the Quickspin with shrink wraps! YOur experience is the same as my sons. We use the Blazer shrink wrap deals without any issues at all. I have target arrows that I have been shooting for 3 years now adn thousands of shots with teh same ones on. The majority of damage has been from tough targets; I grip the vane section of the shaft to pull the arrow and have damaged some that way. Of shooting through a target that tears them up.

Since I started using the shrink on Blazers, I have not fletched an arrow; nor do I plan to anytime soon....

>>>>-------->

• Sitka Gear